G.I. Joe Classified Major Bludd Coming To Target As An Exclusive?

That is just silly. I appreciate Hasbro might be in a bit of a bind getting these to retailers since there isn't much media tie-in to justify stores carrying a line. but the exclusive thing with Target isn't working for a lot of buyers. They need to have the figures available with online merchants as well. If they need to give Target exclusives to make the line work then Target should just be getting variants. Baroness and Major Bludd are just too significant to the property to not make them readily available to customers. Maybe now that there's a movie things will ease up.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never seen anyone work this hard to not take customer money. Hasbro's GI Joe line is hated for a reason. The sabotage is incredible.

With the exception of the Target figures, you can buy the GI Joe figures online, so they aren't impossible to find. I can go out right now and buy the entire first series at one of our local Vintage S

I do value my time, but instead of saying to a company hey I am so desperate to buy your stuff I will pay you an additional $50 for you to give me a slightly better chance of buying your product my me

Posted Images

This figures is going for such a stupid amount, I have a hard time believing the seller will actually get paid.  No one is that foolish to throw that amount of money away, right?  At most, this figure fetches $80 something on the aftermarket once he gets his official release.

The figure itself looks amazing and I can't wait to jump through all the hoops Targethasbro lays out for me to try to get one.

As for the issue of availability, I have nothing more to say that has not already been said.  Good luck to all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, mako said:

Just because you see the punch coming, doesn't mean it won't hurt when it hits you.

You couldn't define the feeling in a better way.

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Canes05 said:

Just check eBay it’s at 10,800 dollars for this figure that’s crazy

Man, I'm surprised how far greed can go, but I can only laugh.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, chickenfeetrfun2eat said:

spacer.png

One hour later and it's double that now.

This seller is being toyed with right?  No one is going to pay that.  Does anyone know of any action figure that has sold for $20,000?  Anyone who even considers dropping that amount knows the industry and they know this figure will be released in a few months.  I'm calling shennanigans here.

• Thanks 1

30,000 dollars

spacer.png

this line has got to be the stupidest line of action figures in history. I can't with this.

I could more likely pull the sword of Excalibur at this point while hang gliding on a flaming piece of wood before all of this.

I really hope this seller gets 30,000 and Hasbro just decides to make G.I. Joe Classified figures like that million dollar wu-tang record.

• Thanks 2
56 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

30,000 dollars

spacer.png

this line has got to be the stupidest line of action figures in history. I can't with this.

I could more likely pull the sword of Excalibur at this point while hang gliding on a flaming piece of wood before all of this.

I really hope this seller gets 30,000 and Hasbro just decides to make G.I. Joe Classified figures like that million dollar wu-tang record.

That's a pickup truck price... Who ever is winning should be load in money...

The ebay price is likely either someone trolling or self bidding to run up the price. Either way I wouldn't pay much attention to it. The only thing relevant about the auction is that it gives us our first look at confirms it as a Target exclusive. Anyone paying more than market price where its $20 or $10k is crazy IMO.

• Thanks 1
Yesterday we showed you the images of the G.I. Joe Classified 6" Target exclusive Major Bludd figure coming from Hasbro that had surfaced online.

Well now we have gotten some new details on the figure we wanted to pass on to you. The DPCI# for Bludd is 087 16 9916 and the cost is going to be $22.49.

What's strange is that while Major Bludd has been listed in Target's system for a while now, it just recently changed DPCI#'s. Originally it was using the same DPCI# as the general release Classified figures which is 087 16 3310. This is why I wasn't 100% sure if Bludd would in fact be a Target exclusive until we saw the images leak out yesterday.

We should note Barbecue is also listed in the Target system currently with the 087 16 3310 DPCI#. That is another one that has been rumored to be a Target exclusive, so we will see if it soon changes DPCI#'s as well.

The third figure that has been suggested as possibly being a third Target exclusive is the Cobra Alley Viper. At this time we have not seen that one listed in the Target systems at all. While the Alley Viper fits Hasbro's pattern of making Cobra Soldier army builder figures part of this Target exclusive line, we can hope perhaps that one will end up going the general release route.

No indication of a release or ship date on Bludd yet, so we still don't know when we might actually see it arrive at stores or when Target might decide to put it up for pre-order/purchase on their website.

We will update this story as we learn more.
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Canes05 said:

Not sure if it’s the same figure but this is out of hand

0943BAB2-7E25-47D8-9B83-4E44906635FB.png

its not out of hand, its fake. as in fake bids.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, JayC said:

The ebay price is likely either someone trolling or self bidding to run up the price. Either way I wouldn't pay much attention to it. The only thing relevant about the auction is that it gives us our first look at confirms it as a Target exclusive. Anyone paying more than market price where its $20 or $10k is crazy IMO.

Well I think calling crazy for paying more than $20 regular price for those figures is not fair since there is no warranty that all of us will get them... Only a few Lucky ones get these figures... Not all of us can hit every morning or morning days during the week since we work.

Even the guy that owns 3D Joe's mentioned that he paid for each Viper in his collection $100 a piece.

We are not living in wonderland in which every one gets what ever figures they want for their collection... I been a Joe fan since the 80s, and I still get amazed by the new things coming on the line... 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Well I think calling crazy for paying more than $20 regular price for those figures is not fair since there is no warranty that all of us will get them.

I think if you can't get it for cost then you should walk away from the line. I was somewhat lucky in getting the Viper and Firefly as in I was able to pay cost for them. But it took getting up hours before Target opened, driving 40 mins and then waiting 2 hours for them to bring them out, and there wasn't enough for everyone there to get one. I am not going to do that anymore. If Hasbro doesn't ensure these figures are reasonably attainable then I will drop collecting these even though I like the figures. We joke and say these things are plastic crack, but they really aren't and if we can't get them our lives will in fact go on. So yes if your paying lots of extra money to get these things I think its crazy and I think we need to realize that and quit feeding into the cycle.

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, JayC said:

I think if you can't get it for cost then you should walk away from the line.

It's what I've been forced to do since the first wave of cobra island figures was released, I'm not the only one for sure and I see a lot more people contemplating the idea after Hasbro's actions, they're just letting interest on the franchise die.

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, JayC said:

I think if you can't get it for cost then you should walk away from the line. I was somewhat lucky in getting the Viper and Firefly as in I was able to pay cost for them. But it took getting up hours before Target opened, driving 40 mins and then waiting 2 hours for them to bring them out, and there wasn't enough for everyone there to get one. I am not going to do that anymore. If Hasbro doesn't ensure these figures are reasonably attainable then I will drop collecting these even though I like the figures. We joke and say these things are plastic crack, but they really aren't and if we can't get them our lives will in fact go on. So yes if your paying lots of extra money to get these things I think its crazy and I think we need to realize that and quit feeding into the cycle.

yes you got the figures themselves at retail price (not cost, thats what target pays for these), but add on all the extras that you did. 40 minutes of driving, 2 hours of waiting, dealing with employees, lines, etc. some people would happily pay alittle bit more money then do all that extra. people could just as easily call what you did to get your figures crazy too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JayC said:

The thing is that I'm not a casual fan that just pick  one figure from the line and done... I personally like a lot the new Firefly and my only option today is to get it from eBay liked or not. Now that Major Blood is coming that will be another great figure to try to get when it hit the stores or at other resources... If you tell me what you said for Marvel line, I will just say go to hell Hasbro and scalpers but not for the line that is most precious in my collection... I don't agree on paying big quantities of money but I sure will pay more than retail price to get what I want...

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, DrLava said:

yes you got the figures themselves at retail price (not cost, thats what target pays for these), but add on all the extras that you did. 40 minutes of driving, 2 hours of waiting, dealing with employees, lines, etc. some people would happily pay alittle bit more money then do all that extra. people could just as easily call what you did to get your figures crazy too. 

I totally agree... I can't afford to go at my time of work to search for toys... 💵