G.I. Joe Classified Major Bludd Coming To Target As An Exclusive?

JayC

Bludd starting to show up at Targets now......everyone buckle up.

He's hoping I find one quick.  For every exclusive I can find on my own, that's one more opportunity to save my MIB Viper as trade bait for the next Joe exclusive.

• Thanks 1

Collector: Excuse me, do you have any exclusive Major Bludds in stock?

Target Employee:  In stock?  Nope.

Collector: Do you know if it will be coming in soon?

Target Employee: Coming in soon?  Nope.  But if you really want one... Check my eBay account.

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2021 at 11:24 AM, mako said:

Even that isn't great. Sure, there are always peg-warmers, but the current Shang-Chi wave is the first time in quite a while I've been able to consistently find a Marvel line. Of course, that's only because it's pushing a movie. Once the next non-movie wave hits, forget it.

That’s an interesting take, and may be true in your local area, but certainly not one that holds true across the US. I travel constantly for work and wind up checking out stores across the country and there’s no discernible difference between the availability of MCU figures vs Comic figures. 

On 5/14/2021 at 10:52 AM, glhshelby said:

That’s an interesting take, and may be true in your local area, but certainly not one that holds true across the US. I travel constantly for work and wind up checking out stores across the country and there’s no discernible difference between the availability of MCU figures vs Comic figures. 

Maybe you should look again? I've been collecting far longer than I care to admit, and do a lot of traveling myself. All I can tell you is what I've gleaned over the years. Toy companies, not JUST Hasbro, put a bigger push behind waves with a movie or other main-stream media tie-in. That's Marketing 101.

Bringing it back to G.I. Joe, I've been to 5 different Walmarts. and two of three Targets in my area over the last week. After not seeing Jack forever, suddenly every one of them had G.I. Joe Classified figures on the pegs (not many, but they were there). That includes a couple of highly sought after figures Lady Jaye and Zartan. You think it's a coincidence that a brand-new G.I. Joe movie is preparing for release soon?

• Thanks 1

I got my Major Bludd today with a lot of help.

I went to two Targets this morning and both had one full case of the Zartan/Cobra Trooper assortment on the pegs. At both Targets I tried entering Bludd's numbers into the self-serve scanner, and both said "None in back". I figured he hadn't hit my area yet and moved on.

Later in the day I saw someone post on FB that he got two from the exact same Target I was just at a few hours before. He said he asked an employee to check and he got it out of the back. He later went to the other Target I had gone to this morning, didi the same thing, and got Bludd out of the back there as well. He hooked me up with one for myself and one for my brother in law.

Now I don't know if self-serve scanners are saying one thing and the employee hand helds are saying another, but it looks like finding an actual employee and asking them to get it from the back is the way to go. From the looks of things the self scanners lied to me at two different stores. I later saw a few other FB posts of people in my area finding them after they asked to get it from the back. So I guess my advice is find an employee and ask them to check. BE NICE.

......and I'm not sure why my post has those weird highlights.

2 hours ago, yojoebro82 said:

I got my Major Bludd today with a lot of help.

I went to two Targets this morning and both had one full case of the Zartan/Cobra Trooper assortment on the pegs. At both Targets I tried entering Bludd's numbers into the self-serve scanner, and both said "None in back". I figured he hadn't hit my area yet and moved on.

Later in the day I saw someone post on FB that he got two from the exact same Target I was just at a few hours before. He said he asked an employee to check and he got it out of the back. He later went to the other Target I had gone to this morning, didi the same thing, and got Bludd out of the back there as well. He hooked me up with one for myself and one for my brother in law.

Now I don't know if self-serve scanners are saying one thing and the employee hand helds are saying another, but it looks like finding an actual employee and asking them to get it from the back is the way to go. From the looks of things the self scanners lied to me at two different stores. I later saw a few other FB posts of people in my area finding them after they asked to get it from the back. So I guess my advice is find an employee and ask them to check. BE NICE.

......and I'm not sure why my post has those weird highlights.

If you wrote this on The Fwoosh first and then copied and pasted it here that's sort of the cause. I don't know the exact cause, but I remember this happening to me earlier in the year.

Well it's been reported that Major Bludd, Viper & Firefly are all now in Canada at TRU, too bad they don't put these on the website, and we are in Lockdown in my Province, looks like I'll never see them hahahah.

if you live in Canada and maybe some place like Manitoba (are you guys in Lockdown), go now to a TRU see if you can get lucky, if you do grab me a figure! ;)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

well, maybe target will cancel orders for people who ordered more than 1 in one order. But that just means they will likely  pop back into stock a handful at a time and quickly sell out again. Or they will just not bother - i kinda feel like target just wants to get this over with... sell them all as quickly as possible so they won't have collectors waiting outside at opening and calling constantly, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Target this evening finally listed their Target exclusive G.I. Joe Classified Cobra Island Major Bludd figure on their website, but as you can imagine it sold out very quickly. Even though it says limit one per order, the Target cart was apparently allowing people to add 10 of them at a time.

Target-Bludd-01.jpg

Target-Bludd-02.jpg

Target-Bludd-03.jpg

Target-Bludd-04.jpg

Target-Bludd-05.jpg

Target-Bludd-06.jpg

Target-Bludd-07.jpg

Have you gotten a Bludd for yourself yet, Jay C?

• Thanks 1

I just came from a couple Targets and saw 3 Cobra Commanders, 2 Flints, 1 Lady Jaye, and 2 Zartans and a couple of the repainted ones. This whole Cobra Island debacle is irritating. I went there to get a Rise of Evil 2pk from MOTU that the website clearly said they had "Limited Stock" of which means they have 1 and they told me they got 3 in and sold out a while back. In other words I just got lied to and the guy didn't know if he had it or not and didn't seem like he wanted to check in back (nor did I press him to do so). All very discouraging.

Piss off Hasbro and Mattel.

20 hours ago, JayC said:

Target this evening finally listed their Target exclusive G.I. Joe Classified Cobra Island Major Bludd figure on their website, but as you can imagine it sold out very quickly. Even though it says limit one per order, the Target cart was apparently allowing people to add 10 of them at a time.

Target-Bludd-01.jpg

Target-Bludd-02.jpg

Target-Bludd-03.jpg

Target-Bludd-04.jpg

Target-Bludd-05.jpg

Target-Bludd-06.jpg

Target-Bludd-07.jpg

Very nice but the only bad thing is that they are not available online...☹️

2 hours ago, Satam said:

"Limited Stock" can mean there's one of something, but it can also be the case that there's nothing, and their inventory is off.

Yup, in my experience Limited Stock means don't bother.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...