Premium DNA Shows Off 6" Battletoads Figures - But Who Is Premium DNA?

JayC

4 hours ago, JayC said:

LOL, how so? My article has very little to do with the lawsuit going on between EE and Megalopolis. My article points out the clearly documented connections between the people behind Megalopolis and PremiumDNA, and this changes nothing about that. And Let me guess your the Blanka guy on Twitter?

That being said I am certainly keeping an eye on the lawsuit and if Megalopolis is successful in proving in a court of law their claims here against EE, then I certainly would consider that to be  news worth reporting on. But making a claim and proving it are in fact two different things. So at this point there is nothing to report.

I am not going to delete your documents here and if you have a link to an official site to them that are accessible without having to pay to see them then post it and I will be happy to add it to the article. But there is nothing stated in my article that is false, sloppy or libel, and in fact everything is clearly documented with fact. And I've tried to be as fair and impartial in this matter as possible. You've never heard me speak to the Westovers motives on how we got to this point or call them names.  I believe it's you who seems perfectly willing to omit certain facts, jump to unproven conclusions and has a total bias view on the situation, which is certainly your right, but please save the BS.

Yup, definitely the Blanka guy.

All you are showing is Megalopolis’s counterclaim.  Means nothing.  You can say literally anything in that portion of the complaint. They could claim that EE ninjas broke into the Mega warehouse and stole all of their product and that’s why they couldn’t fulfill orders.  Doesn’t make it the truth.   EE claim states the opposite. I’m going to believe the company that filed suit first rather than the shady guys who have already been caught in numerous lies and still haven’t refunded customers...

Black Oak isn’t going to keep dumping money into such a damaged brand and it looks like they are the majority shareholders now.  Thankfully Megalopolis has already gone under and hopefully Premium DNA is soon to follow. 

Btw do you think you can get me a friends and family discount code for these kicks and shades? Thanks

BB5D9033-BA13-43C1-A848-83E329A46CE1.png

• Thanks 1

So Grimes, if the Westovers had the funding for licensing, research, development, and  advertising, why has it been over 150 days for me to get a $200 refund. Not to mention the additional funding from Black Oak? Did all the funding for Premium DNA come from all the orders that were not fulfilled or refunded? Since you're such a good friend, maybe you want to pony up some money, maybe even start a Gofundme for them to start issuing some refunds and do some damage control. It'll definitely get more done than being their knight in shining armor be it here or on Twitter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2021 at 8:34 AM, CamWV said:

I’m just happy you addressed it at all. Some toy news outlets and reviewers are turning a blind eye to these scumbags. 

Forgot to add Partially to my list of people they screwed over. 

And Ben Westover’s response lying his ass off.

A6AD413D-4D4D-465D-89FD-B3F90E03BDFF.png

9670896A-516A-4108-BD3F-89E6C29A7B30.png

Even certain FB toy groups are deleting such topics due to one of the owners being a member there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Grimes was trying to make the guys at mega and premium dna look better, he did a horrid job. Come in aggressive and then just be straight disrespectful, yeah that ll show em! What was even the point? His banter has actually put them in a much more negative light for me than what I felt before he came in. 

GIF version. | Congratulations, You Played Yourself | Know Your Meme

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Grimes said:

And you don't know the other half of the story involving Jay here. I'm sure you'll take his side, because that's what usually happens in these situations. But you don't know the behind the scenes BS. 

And if you think that rat faced bastard is innocent, and doesn't have a grudge against the Westovers, based off of what I *know* about said behind the scenes stuff, you got another thing coming. 

He'll deny any wrongdoing. He will claim that he doesn't know what I'm talking about. But he knows *exactly* what I'm referring to. 

BESIDES the point. 

It isn't about making myself or anyone else 'look good'. And if you allow my interactions to dictate your opinion of someone or something else, you're an idiot. I'm not affiliated with DNA or Mega. I've noted that I know Ben. That's it. I do not claim to speak on their behalf. It's no different than some other Joe sharing a dissenting opinion or view on any other topic. All my goal here was was sharing the other side of the story. Period. 

I am a neutral party here but he has only shown professional behavior and you have been extremely aggressive and disrespectful in this whole situation. All you are doing here is making them look incredibly bad with your behavior especially if you know them. You know how you can state your case and look good? Dont come in swinging from the start. You came in ready to fight Jay on his own board. If you came in disputing what hes saying properly and with dignity, people will listen. I would be willing to hear the other side in that regard. Name calling and being extremely triggered by anything against what you are saying is infantile. Why would anyone want to listen to that?  

If you arent even affiliated by them, why do you care? Why are you so triggered by anything said here. You come on here and name call people and throw accusations with nothing substantial to show. Your side of the story was hard to hear from all the belligerent behavior. And yes mega and dna arent exactly big time and word of mouth and good business can go a long way. Case in point, why we are here in the first place and why mega and anything associated with it has received such a bad rap. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2021 at 8:37 PM, EvilHayato said:

If Grimes was trying to make the guys at mega and premium dna look better, he did a horrid job. Come in aggressive and then just be straight disrespectful, yeah that ll show em! What was even the point? His banter has actually put them in a much more negative light for me than what I felt before he came in. 

Grimes is probably the same guy who keeps defending Megalopolis.toys in a fb group that I am because he uses the same court documents as proof, but conveniently leaves out ALL the court pages and doesn't mention that the documents ARE COUNTERSUIT court documents that the defendants (Megalopolis.toys) claimed BECAUSE THEY HAD TO RESPOND TO THE LAWSUIT BY April 5th.  Funny how the documents were filed the same day that they had to answer to the lawsuit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2021 at 8:16 AM, JayC said:

LOL, how so? My article has very little to do with the lawsuit going on between EE and Megalopolis. My article points out the clearly documented connections between the people behind Megalopolis and PremiumDNA, and this changes nothing about that. And Let me guess your the Blanka guy on Twitter?

That being said I am certainly keeping an eye on the lawsuit and if Megalopolis is successful in proving in a court of law their claims here against EE, then I certainly would consider that to be  news worth reporting on. But making a claim and proving it are in fact two different things. So at this point there is nothing to report.

I am not going to delete your documents here and if you have a link to an official site to them that are accessible without having to pay to see them then post it and I will be happy to add it to the article. But there is nothing stated in my article that is false, sloppy or libel, and in fact everything is clearly documented with fact. And I've tried to be as fair and impartial in this matter as possible. You've never heard me speak to the Westovers motives on how we got to this point or call them names.  I believe it's you who seems perfectly willing to omit certain facts, jump to unproven conclusions and has a total bias view on the situation, which is certainly your right, but please save the BS.

Grimes conveniently left off that the documents are countersuits that The Toy Overlords made because they had a deadline of April 5th to respond to EE's allegations against them.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 11:37 PM, EvilHayato said:

You got it EvilHayato...

Boy...Oh....Boy...."This Grimes" dude.

In my day....They called them "shill's"....

GRIMES=SHILL......IMHO of course =^)

As far as Jay....

Keep putting the word out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As far as the law suit between the two companies, we can all speculate who is at fault and who isn't, but none of us here have enough info or can see what evidence is or isn't being presented in the case. These court fillings are just basic descriptions of the claims each side is making, but that doesn't make it fact on either side. When there is an actual verdict meaning a judge who has seen whatever evidence each side has makes a ruling then we can all better access the situation on that front based on that verdict. Until then however its just all speculation. At this time all we know as fact is there is a legal case taking place which is publicly documented and why it was briefly mentioned in the article.

As for PremiumDNA itself, they stated on their social media the other day the Madball figures which were the first figures they announced they were doing and started taking pre-orders for were about 7 weeks out from arriving from the factories. So if in 7 weeks we see them deliver actual real product to people, then I think that will help better assure people with these figures.

Again the point of my article was to point out the well documented connection between PremiumDNA and Megalopolis which is something I think people have a right to know. I can't speak to how or why Megalopolis got to the point they have, but there is no denying the problems there, which I think is a legit reason to have doubts and/or concerns in wanting to give money over to PremiumDNA at this time. That's not saying PremiumDNA won't deliver, but until they do, expecting people to blindly hand over money to them without concerns or questions is ridiculous.

If it were me personally, knowing the trust issues that rightly exist in what is a very small community, I wouldn't have started taking pre-orders on other lines until i'd proven to that community I could deliver on the first line.

The one other point of my article knowing there are people who do have hesitations about giving money directly to PremiumDNA right now but also really want some of these figures was to give those people alternative options on how to hopefully be able to obtain the figures, which again is something i've seen PremiumDNA tell people on their own social media. At this time BBTS is the only known reputable outside party etailer I know of that is offering their products.

I'm not here to make judgements or to speak to anyone's motives. I really do hope the Westovers can turn things around and make right with all their customers from Megalopolis. I really do hope PremiumDNA can deliver on these figures, but for me my intent and goal as it's always been for the 20+ years I have been providing news and info to this community is to simply provide the most factual information I can on something that impacts my readers. My commitment first and foremost is to my readers, not any toy company or even any sponsor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So apparently Megalopolis is reborn:

https://megalopolis.toys/pages/about-megalopolis

In 2017, Megalopolis launched into the world of online collectibles with lofty goals and a creative vision that was intended to change the way collectors shop and engage with each other online.

What we failed to anticipate was the bureaucracy and stagnant old guard that existed in the hierarchy of the toy world, and its unwillingness to embrace any change to the status quo.

Despite massive growth and success, Megalopolis strayed from its original vision in order to work within the confines of the system as it exists, only to find there were those they trusted that would still make attempts to see them run out of business entirely.

As Megalopolis weathered this storm, we had to ask ourselves what we wanted to accomplish, and who we wanted to be. Did we simply want to rebuild with new vendors, and keep playing the same game? Or did we want to remember what brought us to the dance in the first place: a passion for creativity and a desire to elevate the hobby.

The decision was clear. As such, Megalopolis is going back to its roots to create something entirely new and different. The new Megalopolis will focus on the independent creators and voices in the world of toys and collectibles. The heart and soul of creative passion. 

There will be content and coverage of independent toy makers, featuring everything from interviews about the realities of the business to information on where to purchase, updates on kickstarter projects, etc. We will also bring content regarding both online and brick and mortar (independent) retailers to introduce them to a broader audience.

There will also be interactive media including games, comics, videos and more. 

Megalopolis is no longer content to wait on the world to change. It intends to use its platform and voice to join with those that are already changing it themselves.

PREMIUM DNA

In early 2020, members of the Megalopolis Creative team, having grown frustrated with the limitations of merely retailing others' products, formed a new entity focused on creating action figures based on niche retro toy and video game properties. This new company was styled "Premium DNA Toys."

The decision was made to co-brand with Megalopolis initially due to Megalopolis being an established multi-million dollar global brand. Moving forward, the 2 brands will continue to operate independently, with Megalopolis offering real time updates on Premium DNA properties.

The Premium DNA team is an art collective, bringing together the very best industry talent in design, sculpture, prototype making, paint and more. These Independent creators will be introducing exciting new products from numerous licenses through 2021 and onward!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Its like nothing ever happened! I suddenly feel like I can trust them again after this press statement. Here take all my money, youre clearly not run by the same people that took so many peoples money and never refunded anyone or delivered products on time! I feel a weight has lifted and I can now give them my money in good conscience. XD   Seriously fix your refund policy, create actual consumer good will and stop being money hungry. Expand to games, videos and comics? Very bold and confident, im curious to see how that all plays out. I Want them to succeed in these properties, i really do. I just feel like this might be alittle too ambitious when they clearly dont handle money well or good consumer practices. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So it looks like they are back, but as mainly a news website, I presume they are not selling any toys other then Premium DNA, which looks like they are selling nothing but branded t-shirts and hats currently, I think it would have been a better idea to give people a public apology and refund everyone before doing this "rebranding" they came off in that announcement sounding like valiant underdogs in a industry that tore them down, such glamours bullshit, they sneaky snaked 1000 if not more costumers, and now they think they can just slide back into a new lane, safely showing news and reviews, and hocking overpriced wears?? these guys really need to get checked officially, they need to make right with all of their loyal costumes who trusted them and relied on them, they did so many little people dirty here, you can't just expect people are going to forget.

just give me my madball figures please, and let's move along here, nothing to see, just a pig with makeup.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

So it looks like they are back, but as mainly a news website, I presume they are not selling any toys other then Premium DNA, which looks like they are selling nothing but branded t-shirts and hats currently, I think it would have been a better idea to give people a public apology and refund everyone before doing this "rebranding" they came off in that announcement sounding like valiant underdogs in a industry that tore them down, such glamours bullshit, they sneaky snaked 1000 if not more costumers, and now they think they can just slide back into a new lane, safely showing news and reviews, and hocking overpriced wears?? these guys really need to get checked officially, they need to make right with all of their loyal costumes who trusted them and relied on them, they did so many little people dirty here, you can't just expect people are going to forget.

just give me my madball figures please, and let's move along here, nothing to see, just a pig with makeup.

Like an abusive relationship. They took peoples money and used that to crowdfund this project and then act like they dont owe anyone anything. And then come back touting how awesome they are for taking it to the man and their hardships in this 'cruel' industry. Yet they are the scumbags that used their patrons and mistreated them like they were nothing but kickstarter fans. I feel like they are being very overzealous with how they do business. Youd think this press release would be like an apology and a way to rectify the shifty practices theyve done in the past. But you know they think they got away with it and got some super wicked cool lines to smooth it all over to make people forget what they did so they can produce these new products. I wont be giving them a dime until I see actual product and reasonable pricing. Even then im extremely cautious because who knows if Id be their next victim and get excuses and nothing in return for my money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Like an abusive relationship. They took peoples money and used that to crowdfund this project and then act like they dont owe anyone anything. And then come back touting how awesome they are for taking it to the man and their hardships in this 'cruel' industry. Yet they are the scumbags that used their patrons and mistreated them like they were nothing but kickstarter fans. I feel like they are being very overzealous with how they do business. Youd think this press release would be like an apology and a way to rectify the shifty practices theyve done in the past. But you know they think they got away with it and got some super wicked cool lines to smooth it all over to make people forget what they did so they can produce these new products. I wont be giving them a dime until I see actual product and reasonable pricing. Even then im extremely cautious because who knows if Id be their next victim and get excuses and nothing in return for my money. 

spacer.png

we are on the same page with this, as I'm sure 99.9% of the people who have felt wronged by Megalopolis

you can pretend nothing happened all you want, but that just makes it worse, get in front of this situation already, it looks far more hideous that they are not taking responsibility for their wrong doings, if they knew any better they'd stop with this charade before it trips them.

I think the reason why they feel so confident in moving forward without owing up to their customers and fans, is because fool knows nothing dimwits are gawking and ooohing and clapping on instagram over the new battletoads, and saying moronic things like "take my money now" ...oh they will...they will. I also notice that they are literally snaking these folks already by pretending they are not Megalopolis! and the people are being fooled. I know it sounds petty of me, but I honestly just want my figures I payed for and then I hope they just Stop. I don't think they deserve to win, they are currently the biggest villains of the toy industry.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

spacer.png

we are on the same page with this, as I'm sure 99.9% of the people who have felt wronged by Megalopolis

you can pretend nothing happened all you want, but that just makes it worse, get in front of this situation already, it looks far more hideous that they are not taking responsibility for their wrong doings, if they knew any better they'd stop with this charade before it trips them.

I think the reason why they feel so confident in moving forward without owing up to their customers and fans, is because fool knows nothing dimwits are gawking and ooohing and clapping on instagram over the new battletoads, and saying moronic things like "take my money now" ...oh they will...they will. I also notice that they are literally snaking these folks already by pretending they are not Megalopolis! and the people are being fooled. I know it sounds petty of me, but I honestly just want my figures I payed for and then I hope they just Stop. I don't think they deserve to win, they are currently the biggest villains of the toy industry.

Well they are small company and alot of people are ignorant to their origins. They dont know who they are, they just know the product and the product looks immensely promising. The fact that the IPs they have havent had a new generational update/upgrade and that alot of people are salivating at the potential (myself included) has alot of people persuaded in their manipulation. Id imagine alot of the people gawking at these new prospects have never done business or heard of megalopolis until these reveals. Mega knows they have high potential with what they are showing. I did see on premiums fb page that someone asked about their connection with mega and they were coy as hell stating they have nothing to do with them and are a separate company or some chicanery. I really want those battletoads and want to see what they have for EWJ and Clayfighter.. Those are just too damn nostalgic for me to ignore. The promise of what they are showing even in their madballs line has so much potential. I honestly hate that they are deceptive scumbags with these licenses. Like I said, I really want them to succeed but in righting their wrongs and become a stable and committed to satisfying their customers-business. They are definitely the EA of toys at the moment and thats a low bar to hit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never bought anything from them but I have seen a lot posts in the groups I'm in about people who had problems with them, I believe there's a group dedicated to the whole debacle. It's outrageous that they are trying to promote new lines and a new company without making amends. 

• Thanks 1

Heres the whole Battletoads wave.   They went up for preorder on their site today but it looks like its down? So I dont know if that means they couldnt meet the high traffic or they fudged up before even having preorders happen. Im still intrigued what the prices will be as well. Supposedly they are showing off Earthworm Jim stuff this week also. The Battletoads figs look pretty nice overall so if they can pull this off, we could have a cool line of them finally. But I sure as hell wont be buying direct until any kind of trust is established. 

May be a cartoon of toy

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Heres the whole Battletoads wave.   They went up for preorder on their site today but it looks like its down? So I dont know if that means they couldnt meet the high traffic or they fudged up before even having preorders happen. Im still intrigued what the prices will be as well. Supposedly they are showing off Earthworm Jim stuff this week also. The Battletoads figs look pretty nice overall so if they can pull this off, we could have a cool line of them finally. But I sure as hell wont be buying direct until any kind of trust is established. 

May be a cartoon of toy

They look very nicely detailed... What a great job. The packaging should be good too. I think one of the guys working for Lanard packaging worked on them...😎👍

Site is up, HOLY $#!t, the toads are almost $50.. oof.. guess im probably skippin them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how they do their pricing, if we were to compare their madballs which i think are 6 inch, which have multiple hands and accessories to this line, they have the same pricing for Porka Pig which has nothing come with it.. Ratbones i can semi understand since hes much more detailed and actually has the shields as accessories. Also I cant tell if the toads have bicep rotation, in all their pics, it looks like they are painted over and there is literally no pictures of them doing any kind of poses. With a new company like this with very little trust coming from their origins, Its very very hard for me to warrant any kind of spending on this without seeing videos of them in action and if there are any QC issues. Are these preorder only and once they are sold out, there is no way of buying them after they are out? Because if thats the case, they ll never get my money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Phew!, like S7's prices. I wonder if there are still people naive enough to trough them their money with only a few prototypes and promises, but nothing solid yet.

Super7 pricing, but have you purchased the Super7 turtles? Worth it, and with Super7 you know you will be getting something. I thought the Battletoads were going to be available through BBTS, I haven't found a link for them

• Thanks 1