Holy 6" Retro 66 Batman Figures From McFarlane Toys

JayC

UPDATE 2: McFarlane says the figures will be available in-store in August and online in September.

UPDATE: Looks like only the Batcave and Batmobile went up for pre-order this morning. The figures are listed but they say coming soon. No word yet on when they will actually be available for pre-order.

• Thanks 1

I already have the superior 1966 Mattel figs and Batmobile, but that Batcave set will be something to get to go along with Mattel's Batcave they put out. This new one is much more elaborate, but the Mattel computer console will fit in nicely with this hopefully. The figures are garbage, although I might get the masked Joker and removal mask Robin just because we didn't get those in Mattel. I got the Bruce Wayne head with the Cave.

Return of the rocketman has gotten his hands on the new 66 Retro Batman 6" products coming from McFarlane Toys which here in the US is being sold as Target store exclusives. Shown below are in-hand images for the new Batman, Robin and Joker figures which according to McFarlane will hit physical Target stores in August and be available online in September. Each one costs $17.99. Also shown is the Batcave playset which Target is listing with a July 25th release date and costs $29.99. Not shown here is the Batmobile
which Target had up for pre-order but is currently sold out of. It is also slated with a July 25th release date and costs $29.99. Besides the images below you can also check out these videos showing off the products.

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 0.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 1.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 2.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 3.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 5.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 6.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 7.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 8.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 9.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 10.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 11.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 12.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 13.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 14.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 15.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 16.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 17.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman 18.jpg

McFarlane-Toys-66-Batman.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, chickenfeetrfun2eat said:

The figures look like they were upgraded from the 5POA standard. I'm on the fence at this line unless these are heavily discounted. Between this 1966 Batman and the Todd-designed Batman, I think I'll just grab the latter.

Well yeah, much more than 5 POA. The videos show that.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I need to get my hands on them to see if it’s something I need or not.  I have all the Mattel ones so I think chances are that I’ll only really go in on items that didn’t make it in the Mattel line.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shown below via sb_toyz are in-hand images for the new 6" Retro Batman 66 TV Series products from McFarlane Toys which are hitting Target stores now as exclusives. The three figures which includes Batman, Robin and Joker along with the Batmobile and Batcave playset. In the images you can see how these new McFarlane figures compare with the older 6" Mattel ones.

66-Batman-00.jpg

66-Batman-01.jpg

66-Batman-02.jpg

66-Batman-03.jpg

66-Batman-04.jpg

66-Batman-05.jpg

66-Batman-06.jpg

66-Batman-07.jpg

66-Batman-08.jpg

66-Batman-09.jpg

66-Batman-10.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Shown below via sb_toyz are in-hand images for the new 6" Retro Batman 66 TV Series products from McFarlane Toys which are hitting Target stores now as exclusives. The three figures which includes Batman, Robin and Joker along with the Batmobile and Batcave playset. In the images you can see how these new McFarlane figures compare with the older 6" Mattel ones.

66-Batman-00.jpg

66-Batman-01.jpg

66-Batman-02.jpg

66-Batman-03.jpg

66-Batman-04.jpg

66-Batman-05.jpg

66-Batman-06.jpg

66-Batman-07.jpg

66-Batman-08.jpg

66-Batman-09.jpg

66-Batman-10.jpg

I read too much talk about the Mattel figures looking better but with this side by side picture I have to say McFarland figures are superior... I will get everything including the playsets and car...😀👍

On 7/25/2021 at 8:31 AM, MagnaPrime said:

I love that I can afford to get this while line.  Though I'm slightly bummed because I am really running out of space

that's my problem, too!  I have every 7" McFarlane DC Multiverse figure so far and have everything that's up for pre-order already claimed, but I may skip the '66 line just because I keep having to go buy and assemble a new bookshelf every other month!

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, JayC said:

66-Batman-00.jpg

66-Batman-01.jpg

66-Batman-02.jpg

66-Batman-03.jpg

66-Batman-04.jpg

66-Batman-05.jpg

66-Batman-06.jpg

66-Batman-07.jpg

66-Batman-08.jpg

66-Batman-09.jpg

66-Batman-10.jpg

I think the older ones look better to be honest. 

I was really looking forward to getting this line into my collection.   Unfortunately, I missed out on the Batman preorder and I can't find it in stores.  Additionally, the Batcave that I preordered was cancelled by Target the other day, and that's the piece I was looking forward to getting the most.

I did manage to find the Robin and Joker figures in store, and did get the Batmobile I preordered.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Primus said:

I was really looking forward to getting this line into my collection.   Unfortunately, I missed out on the Batman preorder and I can't find it in stores.  Additionally, the Batcave that I preordered was cancelled by Target the other day, and that's the piece I was looking forward to getting the most.

I did manage to find the Robin and Joker figures in store, and did get the Batmobile I preordered.

There should be more shipments of these figures still to come.  I saw 5 Batman figures in each of 3 different stores near me, but I’m in MN where Target is based.

9D977C7F-466A-419F-A8B2-CD4E141390B2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MauledVader said:

There should be more shipments of these figures still to come.  I saw 5 Batman figures in each of 3 different stores near me, but I’m in MN where Target is based.

9D977C7F-466A-419F-A8B2-CD4E141390B2.jpeg

I will have to start checking my local Target 🎯 stores...😎👍