Holy 6" Retro 66 Batman Figures From McFarlane Toys

JayC

9 hours ago, Newton said:

Has any of McFarlane's stuff been hard to find? I don't buy any of his DC stuff cause it's all weird "comic vampire hunter ventriloquist Batman" or whatever, but I see it everywhere. Outside of maybe some oddball variants, it certainly seems like distribution has been good.

I also think is been widely available... I seen them at every Walmart and Target I visited in the past months.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:22 AM, deecee4 said:

Yeah i remember it being on 4 or 430 on pix11 here in the nyc area. I wouldve lost my $#!t if these had come out back then lol.

Looking forward to surfer joker lol. Are they doing a surfer batman too?

Yeah, come to think of it, it was 4:30. Used to have a war with my sister who wanted to watch The Flintsones at the same time.

• Thanks 1

Is it wrong that these bad-boys haven't even hit the streets yet and I'm already clamoring for the inevitable Batgirl? Give me her, and a Batgirl-Cycle for her to tool around on, and I'll take back half of all the nasty stuff I've ever said about the Toddster.

. . . give us an expansion to the line in the form of the rest of the cast from the Legends of the Superheroes specials and I'll take back the other half.

. . . throw in Green Hornet and Kato, and I may even say some nice stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mako said:

Is it wrong that these bad-boys haven't even hit the streets yet and I'm already clamoring for the inevitable Batgirl? Give me her, and a Batgirl-Cycle for her to tool around on, and I'll take back half of all the nasty stuff I've ever said about the Toddster.

. . . give us an expansion to the line in the form of the rest of the cast from the Legends of the Superheroes specials and I'll take back the other half.

. . . throw in Green Hornet and Kato, and I may even say some nice stuff.

I don't doubt if this first wave sales well for McFarland, that he is going to continue more waves with some other characters from the show... Like the Riddle, penguin, cat woman, Alfred?

4 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I don't doubt if this first wave sales well for McFarland, that he is going to continue more waves with some other characters from the show... Like the Riddle, penguin, cat woman, Alfred?

There you go! An Alfred would be an excellent addition to the mix as it would provide a suit-buck for many more potential figures like Commissioner Gordon, Mad-Hatter, etc.

• Thanks 1

McFarlane Toys posted this afternoon that tomorrow's Product Showcase will be focusing on the new line of 6" DC Retro Batman TV Series stuff they are doing. Today we saw the new Avatar: The Last Airbender products that are coming from McFarlane, and I believe Sunday's showcase will focus on the new Spawn figures and maybe even his next Spawn Kickstarter. We of course will bring you full coverage of everything revealed when it happens right here on TNI.

We also have some new Target DPCI#'s found in the Target system to share with you for the McFarlane 66 Batman stuff. Previously we told you the DPCI# for the 6" Batmobile is 323-01-3615 with a price of $29.99.

Well now we have the DPCI#'s for several of the figures. These actually are the wave 2 figures. We have yet to find the wave 1 figures which include Batman, Robin and Joker. Wave 2 as previously reported will include the following:

Riddler - DPCI# 323-01-3764 - Price $17.99

Batman Swim Shorts - DPCI# 323-01-9454 - Price $17.99

Joker Swim Shorts - DPCI# 323-01-5411 - Price $17.99

We can see here that the prices for the regular figures in this line look like are coming in a little cheaper than previously expected. Originally we thought the figures would cost $20 each, but looks like they are coming in at $18 each instead which is nice. I don't know if McFarlane will show off these wave 2 figures during tomorrow's showcase or just stick with the wave 1 stuff.
Up until this point we have not seen any images for the wave 2 figures.

I also don't know if any of these Batman products will be going up for pre-order anyplace tomorrow or not. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

DC-Retro-01.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ClarkKent said:

Mattel did give us the Riddler.  Penguin and Catwoman too.

Have their Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Penguin, and (of course) the Batmobile. I'm wondering if the Macfarlane figures will share the same scale as the originals, or (hopefully) be a little closer to DCUC/ML level.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I'm sure McFarlane will eventually too, plus Surf's up Batman and Joker.

spacer.png

pretty sure that's what swim trunks batman and joker will be, but maybe no surf boards ? so far none of the figures seem to include accessories  but if I recall the Mattel line was the same with the exception of the Surfs up figures

Todd McFarlane today released a video for the McFarlane Toys Summer Showcase which focused on the new line of 6" DC Retro 66 Batman TV series products. In the video he shows off the first three figures being released which includes Batman, Robin and Joker. He also shows the 6" scale Batmobile that holds two figures and the Batcave playset that is 24" wide.

See video here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=external&v=825181141441104

The 6" figures as we first reported to you yesterday will retail for $17.99 each and have minimal accessories. Looks like all you get are a couple of word balloons to replicate the fight scenes from the show. Batman and Robin do have soft-good capes so they can sit in the Batmobile.

The first wave of figures again includes:

-Batman
-Robin
-Joker

We also know there is going to be an unmasked Batman offered as a NYCC exclusive which I think will be made available online. We have also seen images for an unmasked Robin and a Masked Joker, but still no word on how or where those will be released.

The Batmobile and Batcave will retail for $30 each. The Target DPCI# for the Batmobile is 323-01-3615. In the video Todd mentions these being available at Target but doesn't say they are Target exclusives. I believe these will eventually be available everywhere, but likely will show up at Targert first. It however does not look like they will be going up for pre-order today.

The Batcave is mostly a plastic wall with the Bat-reactor on it. You get a circle piece of cardboard to put in front for the Batmobile to sit on and 11 Bat-Computer pieces to place around the playset. There also appears to be some Batpolls off to the side and a ladder. While I would not consider either the Batmobile or Batcave  to be high-quality collector grade items per-say, the low $30 retail price I think makes them attractive to fans of the show.

Not shown today but the second wave of figures which have been listed in the Target system will include:

So far McFarlane has not released much in the way of new official images for these. We got a new image of the Batmobile with Batman and Robin sitting inside which you can check out below. We also took a few screen-caps from the video. If more official images are released today, we will be sure to add them to the gallery below.

Batcave-01.jpg

Batcave-02.png

Batcave-03.png

Batcave-04.jpg

Batmobile.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Todd McFarlane today released a video for the McFarlane Toys Summer Showcase which focused on the new line of 6" DC Retro 66 Batman TV series products. In the video he shows off the first three figures being released which includes Batman, Robin and Joker. He also shows the 6" scale Batmobile that holds two figures and the Batcave playset that is 24" wide.

See video here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=external&v=825181141441104

The 6" figures as we first reported to you yesterday will retail for $17.99 each and have minimal accessories. Looks like all you get are a couple of word balloons to replicate the fight scenes from the show. Batman and Robin do have soft-good capes so they can sit in the Batmobile.

The first wave of figures again includes:

-Batman
-Robin
-Joker

We also know there is going to be an unmasked Batman offered as a NYCC exclusive which I think will be made available online. We have also seen images for an unmasked Robin and a Masked Joker, but still no word on how or where those will be released.

The Batmobile and Batcave will retail for $30 each. The Target DPCI# for the Batmobile is 323-01-3615. In the video Todd mentions these being available at Target but doesn't say they are Target exclusives. I believe these will eventually be available everywhere, but likely will show up at Targert first. It however does not look like they will be going up for pre-order today.

The Batcave is mostly a plastic wall with the Bat-reactor on it. You get a circle piece of cardboard to put in front for the Batmobile to sit on and you 11 Bat-Computer pieces to play around the playset. There also appears to be some Batpolls off to the side and a latter. While I would not consider either the Batmobile or Batcave high-quality collector grade items per-say, the low $30 retail price I think makes them attractive to fans of the show.

Not shown today but the second wave of figures which have been listed in the Target system will include:

So far McFarlane has not released much in the way of new official images for these. We got a new image of the Batmobile with Batman and Robin sitting inside which you can check out below. We also took a few screen-caps from the video. If more official images are released today, we will be sure to add them to the gallery below.

Batcave-01.jpg

Batcave-02.png

Batcave-03.png

Batcave-04.jpg

Batmobile.jpg

They look great...😀👍

I like, and would've given my right arm if Mattel had done a Batcave like this to go with their Batcave accessory set back in the day, but I just can't get past how out of scale some of those computer pieces look next to the figures.

I mean, I get Adam West was a tall drink o'water, but THIS is supposed to be a desk!

Retro-66-Batman-05.jpg.c57c3ffb8ba1af6ea036ac3fd7cb879a.thumb.jpg.ca1c82512d5dfac14198b5ae72dc29d6.jpg

I'm still there for it, though.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Tha_Starkiller said:

Todd misspelled  "F#$% this Line" with "exclusively at Target"

Nobody said it was exclusive to Target. He said they would be sold at Target, and probably will show up there first.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Tha_Starkiller said:

Todd misspelled  "F#$% this Line" with "exclusively at Target"

Doh, never mind. Just saw their most recent social media post where they said it was a Target exclusive.

• Thanks 1

The clip on sound effects are so fun and make these a bit more tempting. I love the neck Adam West Batman I have, but man if I wouldn't love having this cave and car.

• Thanks 1