Todd McFarlane Confrms Medieval Spawn As His Next Kickstarter And More

JayC

So Todd's just teasing the figures he has shown us for weeks already, I was hoping there will be newer Spawn stuff.

Regardless, I'm glad Gunslinger Spawn's rifle is removable. I still remember his last Pirate Spawn figure that has one flintlock pistol that isn't removable for some reason...those were bad times for Todd's company.

Seems like on some of these - mostly thinking Raven Spawn and Redeemer - we're gaining articulation but losing something that makes them seem not as good as the originals.  Raven Spawn: Looks like it is all molded plastic colors - little or no paint - and seemingly random colors for the various plastics used, almost as if they were pulled from leftover pieces and parts that weren't necessarily made to go together.  Redeemer - almost looks like the wings and the figure came from two different visions of the what the figure should look like. Wings have a realistic weathered "wash" to them, which is great. Figure is ridiculously "clean" in comparison, with no wash, shadows, details, etc. Just some really odd choices that prevent me from wanting to order figures that would otherwise be an immediate buy. 

59 minutes ago, chickenfeetrfun2eat said:

So Todd's just teasing the figures he has shown us for weeks already, I was hoping there will be newer Spawn stuff.

Regardless, I'm glad Gunslinger Spawn's rifle is removable. I still remember his last Pirate Spawn figure that has one flintlock pistol that isn't removable for some reason...those were bad times for Todd's company.

Ha ha. I think I still have that damn thing. If I'm not mistaken it's in a Rubbermaid tub somewhere in my storage unit.

57 minutes ago, Satam said:

Ha ha. I think I still have that damn thing. If I'm not mistaken it's in a Rubbermaid tub somewhere in my storage unit.

That toy from that line was just disappointing like the rest of the figures that came with it. Pretty fitting it was the last Spawn toy series and here we are, finally getting fully-articulated Spawn figures I've been wanting since the early 2000's. 

Think I got Todd's attention. He prolly mad as Hell for posting my Tweet from April leaking Gamestops pre-orders & the corresponding ToysNewsi article from April 17th.

I only posted it once on Todd's last Spawn reveal on Toddfather's day fyi.

Edit: How many 'raffle points' for the monthly bbts drawing was Todd McFarlane worth JayC ... or did I mess up🙊?

20210620_195850.jpg

• Like 1

Out of these all of em but Gunslinger should be offered everywhere. Gunslinger is def gonna be an exclusive just not sure where. My money is on Target.  There is also gonna be two versions of Redeemer released. Sounds like one might be a Gold Label since it will have different color wings and a different accessory. If one of em is a Gold Label then it will go to Walmart.

- Gunslinger Spawn - $24.99
- Redeemer - $24.99
- Raven Spawn - $24.99
- Clown (Deluxe) - $39.99
- 12" Violator (Mega) - $49.99

This weekend McFarlane Toys showcased the following new Spawn figures:

- Gunslinger Spawn - $24.99
- Redeemer - $24.99
- Raven Spawn - $24.99
- Clown (Deluxe) - $39.99
- 12" Violator (Mega) - $49.99

While also confirming that at least three more new Spawn figures where coming soon. Well it looks like we may have discovered one of those three with She-Spawn. A listing for it has shown up in the Target system. It's listed as a Deluxe figure with a $39.99 price. The DPCI# 323-01-3771. No release date yet nor is it known if this will be a general release or a Target exclusive. When more details become available we will be sure to let you know.

She-Spawn.jpg

00-She-Spawn.jpg

• Like 1

I honestly did feel like my She-Spawn Custom I revealed online recently

was gonna be a McFarlane Figure "Rain Dance" ... so I'm stoked obviously & now as a Deluxe I'm hoping Her Bike is included :)

The next 2 out of 3 I'll think on tho(assuming 1 isn't the Medieval Kickstarter).  Todd teased His cover for Spawn's Universe had em on it but almost every Hellspawn was there so... no real help.

Shown below are the official images for the recently announced 2021 Spawn 7" scale figures from McFarlane Toys. As we told you yesterday, the Gunslinger Spawn is a Target store exclusive. All the figures are currently available on the Target website with an August 16 release date. The other figures will soon be available for pre-order everywhere including our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Spawn Deluxe 7" Figure - Gunslinger (Target Exclusive) - $24.99 - DPCI#323-01-4095
Gunslinger Spawn includes a rifle, pistol, rifle holster, and base.

Spawn Deluxe 7" Action Figure - Redeemer - $24.99 - DPCI#323-01-7063
The Redeemer includes a sword, and base.

Spawn Deluxe 7" Action Figure - Raven - $24.99 - DPCI#323-01-3742
Raven Spawn includes an axe, scythe with chains, and base.

Spawn Deluxe Set - Clown - $39.99 - DPCI#323-01-4952
Designed with Ultra Articulation with up to 22 moving parts for full range of posing and play. The Clown includes a knife, razor blade, backpack rocket launcher with two machine guns, and base.

Spawn Deluxe MEGA Figure - Violator - $49.99 - DPCI# - 323-01-3662
Designed with Ultra Articulation with up to 22 moving parts, as well as a moving jaw for full range of posing and play.

Note there will be a second Redeemer figure released with alternate color wings and a staff accessory, but we still don't know how or when it will see release. It's possible but not confirmed that one could end up being a Gold Label Walmart exclusive.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Clown-01.jpg

Clown-02.jpg

Clown-03.jpg

Clown-04.jpg

Clown-05.jpg

Clown-06.jpg

Clown-07.jpg

Clown-08.jpg

Clown-09.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-01.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-02.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-03.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-04.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-05.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-06.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-07.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-08.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-09.jpg

Raven-Spawn-01.jpg

Raven-Spawn-02.jpg

Raven-Spawn-03.jpg

Raven-Spawn-04.jpg

Raven-Spawn-05.jpg

Raven-Spawn-06.jpg

Raven-Spawn-07.jpg

Raven-Spawn-08.jpg

Raven-Spawn-09.jpg

Redeemer-01.jpg

Redeemer-02.jpg

Redeemer-03.jpg

Redeemer-04.jpg

Redeemer-05.jpg

Redeemer-06.jpg

Redeemer-07.jpg

Redeemer-08.jpg

Redeemer-09.jpg

Violator-01.jpg

Violator-02.jpg

Violator-03.jpg

Violator-04.jpg

Violator-05.jpg

Violator-06.jpg

Violator-07.jpg

Violator-08.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Just a note that target has one of those "spend $100 get $25 off" sales on their website that applies to preorders of these spawn figures.

Fortuitous how the offer expires today & these Spawn figs were advertised as going up for Pre-Order tomorrow :)

I dont know what it is about new spawn/mcfarlane figures that have me going back and forth on liking and not liking them. But as of right now, these arent doing it for me. I had the most high hopes for Violator and Gunslinger.. but Violator just feels like a statue with articulation points. And I still cant get into the bulky version as much as I loved the scrawny version of him. Gunslinger, seems extra elongated for whatever reason. I get that he is a lanky character as I still have and love the original figure and of course the hat makes him look extra long as well. Dont get me wrong, gunslinger still looks pretty neat but for whatever reason I dont like it like I originally did. I think Ill just be sticking with my older mcf versions of these characters instead. Im looking forward to the future of this line tho and what he improves upon. 

I passed on the Redeemer but ordered the rest of the wave.   I already have missed feelings about ordering this figures.  I'm having flashbacks to the 90s when I tried to track down pilot spawn.    I still have a storage bin of the 90s Spawn figures.    

I'm looking forward to a see what a new pilot Spawn and Ninja Spawn will look like.

The New Spawn figures are ok. At this time I'm only interested in Clown but I'm still on the fence about the new Clown figure. I still really like the Clown IV figure.

Maybe another Clown and Violator both with a more classic look will be released further down the line.

I'm really crossing fingers for Angela

Clown-05.jpg.6d70a47bf30ce76b8457c5209751a564.jpg

20210409_204228.jpg

25 minutes ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I really like these and want all of them. I'm not crazy about them being Target exclusives, but then again it seems like everything is a Target exclusive these days.

Only one of them is confirmed as a Target exclusive and as I'm typing this it is still available for preorder.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:57 PM, Tha_Starkiller said:

The Spawn Comic Editor leaked the Spawn Compendium 2 earlier this week

(expect the 2nd Compendium to be orderable online this upcomming week or next)& I'd been grilling Him for upcomming Spawn Comic Cover reveals so much I missed this great Action Figure news Yesterday.

It's listed now for preorder on Amazon with a release date of December 14. It contains Spawn issues 51 - 100

Spawn Compendium, Color Edition, Volume 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1534320954/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_glt_i_NFW1DBEM5SKNM5HGJWG1

5 hours ago, Rei said:

The New Spawn figures are ok. At this time I'm only interested in Clown but I'm still on the fence about the new Clown figure. I still really like the Clown IV figure.

Maybe another Clown and Violator both with a more classic look will be released further down the line.

I'm really crossing fingers for Angela

Clown-05.jpg.6d70a47bf30ce76b8457c5209751a564.jpg

20210409_204228.jpg

1 hour ago, Rei said:

It's listed now for preorder on Amazon with a release date of December 14. It contains Spawn issues 51 - 100

Spawn Compendium, Color Edition, Volume 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1534320954/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_glt_i_NFW1DBEM5SKNM5HGJWG1

1st off... Todd lost Millions in legal fees vs Neil Gaimen over the rights to Angela which Neil won & Then sold Angela to Marvel just so They'd Shelf Her after 10 books or so & make 1 figure of only cause it won the 2015 Fan Vote ... so not gonna happen by Todd till He gets Marvel's Toy rights tbh.

And 2nd, thanks for trying to "InFoRm" me on a comment leaking information dated before any retail listing (it was misspriced 33% off it's 1st week btw ;))

3rd, Gamestop sold out of their Violator & Clown pre-orders over a month ago & Target ran out in just a few hours.

Lastly, if ya pre-ordered any of these Spawn Toys @ a Gamestop in-person before today?  May wanna say "Thanks" for that, since I leaked that in mid-April, K. You're Welcome if so btw :)

ps - Good Luck on Figures "you're not interested in" but choose to comment on btw ;)