Todd McFarlane Confrms Medieval Spawn As His Next Kickstarter And More

JayC

This weekend McFarlane Toys showcased the following new Spawn figures:

- Gunslinger Spawn - $24.99
- Redeemer - $24.99
- Raven Spawn - $24.99
- Clown (Deluxe) - $39.99
- 12" Violator (Mega) - $49.99

While also confirming that at least three more new Spawn figures where coming soon. Well it looks like we may have discovered one of those three with She-Spawn. A listing for it has shown up in the Target system. It's listed as a Deluxe figure with a $39.99 price. The DPCI# 323-01-3771. No release date yet nor is it known if this will be a general release or a Target exclusive. When more details become available we will be sure to let you know.

She-Spawn.jpg

00-She-Spawn.jpg

• Like 1

I honestly did feel like my She-Spawn Custom I revealed online recently

was gonna be a McFarlane Figure "Rain Dance" ... so I'm stoked obviously & now as a Deluxe I'm hoping Her Bike is included :)

The next 2 out of 3 I'll think on tho(assuming 1 isn't the Medieval Kickstarter).  Todd teased His cover for Spawn's Universe had em on it but almost every Hellspawn was there so... no real help.

Shown below are the official images for the recently announced 2021 Spawn 7" scale figures from McFarlane Toys. As we told you yesterday, the Gunslinger Spawn is a Target store exclusive. All the figures are currently available on the Target website with an August 16 release date. The other figures will soon be available for pre-order everywhere including our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Spawn Deluxe 7" Figure - Gunslinger (Target Exclusive) - $24.99 - DPCI#323-01-4095
Gunslinger Spawn includes a rifle, pistol, rifle holster, and base.

Spawn Deluxe 7" Action Figure - Redeemer - $24.99 - DPCI#323-01-7063
The Redeemer includes a sword, and base.

Spawn Deluxe 7" Action Figure - Raven - $24.99 - DPCI#323-01-3742
Raven Spawn includes an axe, scythe with chains, and base.

Spawn Deluxe Set - Clown - $39.99 - DPCI#323-01-4952
Designed with Ultra Articulation with up to 22 moving parts for full range of posing and play. The Clown includes a knife, razor blade, backpack rocket launcher with two machine guns, and base.

Spawn Deluxe MEGA Figure - Violator - $49.99 - DPCI# - 323-01-3662
Designed with Ultra Articulation with up to 22 moving parts, as well as a moving jaw for full range of posing and play.

Note there will be a second Redeemer figure released with alternate color wings and a staff accessory, but we still don't know how or when it will see release. It's possible but not confirmed that one could end up being a Gold Label Walmart exclusive.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Clown-01.jpg

Clown-02.jpg

Clown-03.jpg

Clown-04.jpg

Clown-05.jpg

Clown-06.jpg

Clown-07.jpg

Clown-08.jpg

Clown-09.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-01.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-02.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-03.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-04.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-05.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-06.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-07.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-08.jpg

Cowboy-Spawn-09.jpg

Raven-Spawn-01.jpg

Raven-Spawn-02.jpg

Raven-Spawn-03.jpg

Raven-Spawn-04.jpg

Raven-Spawn-05.jpg

Raven-Spawn-06.jpg

Raven-Spawn-07.jpg

Raven-Spawn-08.jpg

Raven-Spawn-09.jpg

Redeemer-01.jpg

Redeemer-02.jpg

Redeemer-03.jpg

Redeemer-04.jpg

Redeemer-05.jpg

Redeemer-06.jpg

Redeemer-07.jpg

Redeemer-08.jpg

Redeemer-09.jpg

Violator-01.jpg

Violator-02.jpg

Violator-03.jpg

Violator-04.jpg

Violator-05.jpg

Violator-06.jpg

Violator-07.jpg

Violator-08.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Just a note that target has one of those "spend $100 get $25 off" sales on their website that applies to preorders of these spawn figures.

Fortuitous how the offer expires today & these Spawn figs were advertised as going up for Pre-Order tomorrow :)

I dont know what it is about new spawn/mcfarlane figures that have me going back and forth on liking and not liking them. But as of right now, these arent doing it for me. I had the most high hopes for Violator and Gunslinger.. but Violator just feels like a statue with articulation points. And I still cant get into the bulky version as much as I loved the scrawny version of him. Gunslinger, seems extra elongated for whatever reason. I get that he is a lanky character as I still have and love the original figure and of course the hat makes him look extra long as well. Dont get me wrong, gunslinger still looks pretty neat but for whatever reason I dont like it like I originally did. I think Ill just be sticking with my older mcf versions of these characters instead. Im looking forward to the future of this line tho and what he improves upon. 

I passed on the Redeemer but ordered the rest of the wave.   I already have missed feelings about ordering this figures.  I'm having flashbacks to the 90s when I tried to track down pilot spawn.    I still have a storage bin of the 90s Spawn figures.    

I'm looking forward to a see what a new pilot Spawn and Ninja Spawn will look like.

The New Spawn figures are ok. At this time I'm only interested in Clown but I'm still on the fence about the new Clown figure. I still really like the Clown IV figure.

Maybe another Clown and Violator both with a more classic look will be released further down the line.

I'm really crossing fingers for Angela

Clown-05.jpg.6d70a47bf30ce76b8457c5209751a564.jpg

20210409_204228.jpg

25 minutes ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I really like these and want all of them. I'm not crazy about them being Target exclusives, but then again it seems like everything is a Target exclusive these days.

Only one of them is confirmed as a Target exclusive and as I'm typing this it is still available for preorder.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:57 PM, Tha_Starkiller said:

The Spawn Comic Editor leaked the Spawn Compendium 2 earlier this week

(expect the 2nd Compendium to be orderable online this upcomming week or next)& I'd been grilling Him for upcomming Spawn Comic Cover reveals so much I missed this great Action Figure news Yesterday.

It's listed now for preorder on Amazon with a release date of December 14. It contains Spawn issues 51 - 100

Spawn Compendium, Color Edition, Volume 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1534320954/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_glt_i_NFW1DBEM5SKNM5HGJWG1

5 hours ago, Rei said:

The New Spawn figures are ok. At this time I'm only interested in Clown but I'm still on the fence about the new Clown figure. I still really like the Clown IV figure.

Maybe another Clown and Violator both with a more classic look will be released further down the line.

I'm really crossing fingers for Angela

Clown-05.jpg.6d70a47bf30ce76b8457c5209751a564.jpg

20210409_204228.jpg

1 hour ago, Rei said:

It's listed now for preorder on Amazon with a release date of December 14. It contains Spawn issues 51 - 100

Spawn Compendium, Color Edition, Volume 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1534320954/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_glt_i_NFW1DBEM5SKNM5HGJWG1

1st off... Todd lost Millions in legal fees vs Neil Gaimen over the rights to Angela which Neil won & Then sold Angela to Marvel just so They'd Shelf Her after 10 books or so & make 1 figure of only cause it won the 2015 Fan Vote ... so not gonna happen by Todd till He gets Marvel's Toy rights tbh.

And 2nd, thanks for trying to "InFoRm" me on a comment leaking information dated before any retail listing (it was misspriced 33% off it's 1st week btw ;))

3rd, Gamestop sold out of their Violator & Clown pre-orders over a month ago & Target ran out in just a few hours.

Lastly, if ya pre-ordered any of these Spawn Toys @ a Gamestop in-person before today?  May wanna say "Thanks" for that, since I leaked that in mid-April, K. You're Welcome if so btw :)

ps - Good Luck on Figures "you're not interested in" but choose to comment on btw ;)

A bit off-topic but I just took a picture of the back card of Ninja Spawn that I bought today. Excluding Medieval Spawn and Angela, I hope some of these figures in the pictures do get a modern version - I'd like to see Todd do Malebolgia, Overtkill, Commando and Ninja Spawns in the future.

Hopefully, a purple version of the modern Redeemer will be released immediately when the first version ships. 

spawn1.jpeg

spawn2.jpeg

6 hours ago, Tha_Starkiller said:

1st off... Todd lost Millions in legal fees vs Neil Gaimen over the rights to Angela which Neil won & Then sold Angela to Marvel just so They'd Shelf Her after 10 books or so & make 1 figure of only cause it won the 2015 Fan Vote ... so not gonna happen by Todd till He gets Marvel's Toy rights tbh.

And 2nd, thanks for trying to "InFoRm" me on a comment leaking information dated before any retail listing (it was misspriced 33% off it's 1st week btw ;))

3rd, Gamestop sold out of their Violator & Clown pre-orders over a month ago & Target ran out in just a few hours.

Lastly, if ya pre-ordered any of these Spawn Toys @ a Gamestop in-person before today?  May wanna say "Thanks" for that, since I leaked that in mid-April, K. You're Welcome if so btw :)

ps - Good Luck on Figures "you're not interested in" but choose to comment on btw ;)

I know about the story between Todd and Neil. Since Neil sold off the character I'm wishful thinking eventually Todd might get Marvel 7" which Diamond Select Comics currently has the rights to. DST used to have Universal Studios Monsters which NECA now has. It sounds crazy but then again so does Disney owning Marvel and Star Wars to anyone a few decades ago. Or no more Toys R Us stores around. McFarlane has the current DC Comics rights. Anything is possible.

I missed your post about the Compendium vol 2 at 33% off. That was a bargain. Too bad I missed that pricing. I'm still new to TNI's forum. I had to get vol 1 on ebay for an inflated price too.

I saw BBTS got the preorders up for the new Spawn figures. I didn't know about the other retailers. I preordered Clown for now but am liking the classic looks the most over the modern. Especially Violator. As I said I'm on the fence 50/50. I do like the fact it comes with the big guns like Clown II did. I love the kickstarter Spawn and am hoping to see more classic releases alongside the modern versions. It's awesome to finally see new Spawn figure releases.

In a recent interview Todd McFarlane did online he gave us our first look at the previously mentioned Redeemer variant as well as a preview for the Deluxe She-Spawn figure we told you about the other day. Unfortunately the person doing the interview didn't ask Todd any specific questions about these when he was showing them off on his phone, so we don't really have much in the way of additional details about either figure to share with you at this time.

We can see that Redeemer based on the image has a completely different paint scheme. In this weekend's Showcase event Todd only said the wings would be a different color and he would come with a staff instead of a sword. Her we can see the figure is black and silver with black tip wings. I suppose there might be more than one variant coming. We still don't know how this figure will be released, but just looking at the picture it looks like it might be a Platinum Edition version which would make it a chase. Gold label is also still a possibility, especially if this is the variant previously mentioned that would have a different weapon from the regular blue and gold release. Honestly though I could totally see them doing both a Gold Label version and a Platinum Edition version, time will only tell.

For She-Spawn we only see the head, so we still don't know what exactly will constitute what will justify her being a $39.99 Deluxe figure as we saw here listed as in the Target store system. We also still have no idea when it will be released or if it will be a Target store exclusive. Again the DPCI# for that one is 323-01-3771.

In the interview Todd also reiterated the same thing he said during the
Summer Showcase event, that he plans to do every version of Spawn from his new Spawn Universe comics in action figure form.

You can watch the whole interview with Todd below, it was done as a live-stream so it is a long one. We also have screen caps of the two reveals below.

She-Spawn.jpg

Shown below via Walmart are official images for the new Mortal Kombat 11 7" Malefik Spawn figure coming from McFarlane Toys. This figure will be a general release. Walmart has it on their website but it's not yet available for purchase or pre-order. No word yet on when it will officially go up for pre-order. The figure comes with a pair of energy effect pieces that the figure holds like guns.

MK11-Malefik-Spawn-01.jpg

MK11-Malefik-Spawn-02.jpg

MK11-Malefik-Spawn-03.jpg

MK11-Malefik-Spawn-04.jpg

MK11-Malefik-Spawn-05.jpg

MK11-Malefik-Spawn-06.jpg

MK11-Malefik-Spawn-07.jpg

MK11-Malefik-Spawn-08.jpg

MK11-Malefik-Spawn-09.jpg

MK11-Malefik-Spawn-10.jpg

18 hours ago, chickenfeetrfun2eat said:

A bit off-topic but I just took a picture of the back card of Ninja Spawn that I bought today. Excluding Medieval Spawn and Angela, I hope some of these figures in the pictures do get a modern version - I'd like to see Todd do Malebolgia, Overtkill, Commando and Ninja Spawns in the future.

Hopefully, a purple version of the modern Redeemer will be released immediately when the first version ships. 

spawn1.jpeg

spawn2.jpeg

A kickstarter Malebolgia would be amazing. And huge!!!

Why Walmart?  You always have to buy at least 2 or 3 figures if you buy any figures from Walmart because they send them in either a box too small or you get ripped tags or crushed corners.   Once you get your figures, you hope you get at least 1 decent and then have to return the rest.