Todd McFarlane Confrms Medieval Spawn As His Next Kickstarter And More

JayC

I hope this line will have regular Spawn too, that isn't from MK or KS, in a way more simplistic figure that won't take away anything from previous two releases and will give us more articulation, especially nice ab crunch for "I'm brooding on gargoyle" poses. 

I'll maybe consider doing the kickstarter again but McFarlane better make up for it this time because I backed the classic version of the Spawn figure and I still haven't gotten it. Despite the fact that they made a FedEx tracking for it finally. Been 2 weeks since that happened! But I do like this idea and version of Spawn..

On 3/26/2021 at 8:51 PM, MRT said:

I backed the first one cuz I didn't think I was gonna be able to find the MK version. I'm regretting that first purchase so I'm gonna pass on this.

C'mon Todd! You've got a toy company and retailer support! Quit it with the kickstarters and just release a new spawn series!

A new Spawn action figure line has been leaked at overseas retailers.

I assume many would purchase a KS Spawn if You really do regret it. 

On 3/29/2021 at 6:46 AM, JayC said:

On Friday we told you how Todd McFarlane in a WonderCon video had confirmed that he would be offering a new Medieval Spawn figure for his next Kickstarter later this year.

He also hinted of a new Violator figure in the works on top of the Redeemer and Gunslinger Spawn figures that had been previously teased for a regular retail release.

Well now thanks to new solicitations that have been sent out to overseas retailers like <b>Big Boy Toys, we have even more Spawn details to share with you. It looks like we will be seeing the following 7" scale figures at retail this year.

- Gunslinger Spawn
- Redeemer
- Raven Spawn
- Clown (Deluxe)
- Violator (Mega)

Note below are recent images released by Todd for Gunslinger, Redeemer and Violator. The images used for Clown and Raven Spawn are of older figures being used for reference purposes only. No official images for any of these figures have been released at this time.

The Clown figure is being listed as a Deluxe figure with a price of ₱2,195.00, which translates to around $45 US. The Violator is being released as a MEGAFIG with a price of ₱2,195.00 which translates to around $60 US. Now these overseas prices may not reflect exactly how much the figures will cost in the US, but it does indicate that

Violator will be bigger than Clown and we are seeing two different larger size categories being used by McFarlane for their action figures now.

Clown.jpg

Cowbow-Spawn.jpg

Raven-Spawn.jpg

Redeemer.jpg

Spawn-Mega-Violator.jpg

Tldr: The upcommimg Gunslinger Spawn action figure is missing from 5 pages of Gamestop's listings of upcomming action figures... I'm thinkin Gunslinger Spawn is gonna be a Store Exclusive😓

I found a really blurry listing for Gamestop's upcomming action figure listings with Clown listed at $40 & Violator at $50.

While both of those pricepoints could be cheaper elsewhere, the worrisome fact was that Gunslinger Spawn was not listed alongside Raven Spawn, Redeemer, Clown nor Violator.

The question now seems to be, will I have to peruse Target or Wal-Mart to find a retail Gunslinger Spawn figure this Summer🤔

FB_IMG_1618210286079.jpg

Last week we told you how new Spawn figures from McFarlane Toys had started showing up in the Gamestop computer systems and that they were even allowing people to go into their physical stores to pre-order them. We now have new details to share with you about several of these new Spawn figures showing up in the Target systems. Along with the listings we have DPCI#'s.

Redeemer - DPCI# 323 01 7024 - $24.99

Mega Violator - DPCI# 323 01 3362 - $49.99

Deluxe Clown - DPCI# 323 01 4952 - $39.99

Spawn 7” TBD - DPCI# 323 01 9900 - $24.99

No release dates were listed for these at this time. Things of interest to note. The Raven Spawn figure which was listed at Gamestop was not found at this time in the Target system. It's unkown what exact figure the final listing above is for. We assume TBD stands for To Be Determined. It's priced as a regular sized figure. It's unknown if this is for an exclusive or not.

We still have not seen a specific listing here in the US for the Gunslinger Spawn figure which we know is coming since Todd himself has been teasing it on his social media. It's possible the TBD could be for Gunslinger, Raven Spawn or some other Spawn figure we are not yet aware of. When we have more information we will be sure to pass that info on to you.

On 3/29/2021 at 6:46 AM, JayC said:

On Friday we told you how Todd McFarlane in a WonderCon video had confirmed that he would be offering a new Medieval Spawn figure for his next Kickstarter later this year.

He also hinted of a new Violator figure in the works on top of the Redeemer and Gunslinger Spawn figures that had been previously teased for a regular retail release.

Well now thanks to new solicitations that have been sent out to overseas retailers like <b>Big Boy Toys, we have even more Spawn details to share with you. It looks like we will be seeing the following 7" scale figures at retail this year.

- Gunslinger Spawn
- Redeemer
- Raven Spawn
- Clown (Deluxe)
- Violator (Mega)

Note below are recent images released by Todd for Gunslinger, Redeemer and Violator. The images used for Clown and Raven Spawn are of older figures being used for reference purposes only. No official images for any of these figures have been released at this time.

The Clown figure is being listed as a Deluxe figure with a price of ₱2,195.00, which translates to around $45 US. The Violator is being released as a MEGAFIG with a price of ₱2,195.00 which translates to around $60 US. Now these overseas prices may not reflect exactly how much the figures will cost in the US, but it does indicate that

Violator will be bigger than Clown and we are seeing two different larger size categories being used by McFarlane for their action figures now.

Clown.jpg

Cowbow-Spawn.jpg

Raven-Spawn.jpg

Redeemer.jpg

Spawn-Mega-Violator.jpg

Todd shared a "crotch pic" of the upcomming  Gunslinger Spawn figure on Instagram on 4/21 showing His notes of wanting Silver instead of Grey.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN618DHBvB2/

I replied, "The Silver looks good, but I'm curious if any "GOLD" Sticker will be on the packaging😉"

52 minutes ago, Tha_Starkiller said:

Todd shared a "crotch pic" of the upcomming  Gunslinger Spawn figure on Instagram on 4/21 showing His notes of wanting Silver instead of Grey.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN618DHBvB2/

I replied, "The Silver looks good, but I'm curious if any "GOLD" Sticker will be on the packaging😉"

Yeah I saw that. He's been teasing Gunslinger a few times.

That Redeemer is insane. Not a fan of McFarlane and his entire manufactured "I'm a Rebel" bit, but his work is solid. Not a collector of the 7" scale, mostly because I have so much invested in the 6" scale, but these Spawn figs are hitting the nostalgia bone in a way that those Super7 5 POA's can't. I'll probably have to pick up some of this line (if it actually goes to mass market).

Those pricepoints are kind of hard to swallow but it will be alot more clearer once we fully see them out in all their glory. Looks like his normal $20 per reg fig went up to $25? or is this just exclusive to the spawn line? I hate seeing all these prices going up in every line it seems. Oh well. 

• 5 weeks later...

We've previously told you about the new Spawn figures coming from McFarlane Toys. How they have been listed at Target and Gamestop. They are even now listed in the newest Diamond Previews with an August 25 release date.

- Gunslinger Spawn - $24.99
- Redeemer - $24.99
- Raven Spawn - $24.99
- Clown (Deluxe) - $39.99
- 12" Violator (Mega) - $49.99

Here are the listings we have seen for these from Target with DPCI#

-Redeemer - DPCI# 323 01 7024 - $24.99
-Mega Violator - DPCI# 323 01 3362 - $49.99
-Deluxe Clown - DPCI# 323 01 4952 - $39.99
-Spawn 7” TBD - DPCI# 323 01 9900 - $24.99

So now McFarlane Toys has released our first full look at the figures. It's still not 100% clear if any of these will be sold as some kind of store exclusive or not. Diamond Previews doesn't breakdown the assortment for the regular figures so its possible one of those like Gunslinger could end up being a specific store exclusive. Last time I checked Gunslinger was not listed at Gamestop. Once we have more details on the releases for these we will be sure to update you.

Spawn-2021-01.jpg

Spawn-2021-02.jpg

Spawn-2021-03.jpg

Spawn-2021-04.jpg

Spawn-2021-05.jpg

Spawn-2021.jpg

So I m not really digging Violators new bulky look. I m pretty sure hes like this in the most recent comics but hes always been a skinny creep to me. And $50 for an unrecognizable version for me is too much. He looks great tho... I look forward to seeing more pics of raven spawn, He looks good from what I can see. Also Gunslinger looks ammaaaazing. Clown is definitely a throwback to his early look and his toy. Im curious to see these in comparisons with sizes as clown is $40 which why? He seems alittle bulky but not that much. Redeemer looks great as well. 

This Clown looks like an update on the Clown 2 design. I wasn't a fan of that one, but it's a good update. I'm also not a fan of chunky Violator, and I'm not too keen on this Raven Spawn, although I'm not sure what it is about it I don't like exactly (maybe because it's not nearly as clean a design as the previous figures?) Redeemer and Gunslinger Spawn look very good, but I've never been a fan of those two, so I think I'll pass on them, as well.

The Spawn Comic Editor leaked the Spawn Compendium 2 earlier this week

(expect the 2nd Compendium to be orderable online this upcomming week or next)& I'd been grilling Him for upcomming Spawn Comic Cover reveals so much I missed this great Action Figure news Yesterday.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:04 PM, Satam said:

It seems that they may have made a subsequent deal where Todd Gave up his rights to Angela in exchange for Gaiman's rights to Medieval Spawn (and possibly Cogliostro, whom they also shared). Info about this after the articles about the 2012 settlement is scattered, speculative, piecemeal, and clues need to be pieced together, as, of course, the actual legal documents don't appear to be online.

For some reason I thought they had a falling out. I hope not though because with Todd having the DC liscence it would be cool to see some Sandman figures.

I’m just glad to see Spawn getting some love and full dedicated series. It’s been so many years since we got that. Seems in a way historic landmark, hopefully Spawn series continues and doesn't flop like doomed reboot , and who knows maybe they can even do other old school image characters too, that would be good way to maintain series with new and  interesting  characters. That plain TBA Spawn figure seems interesting, hopefully it clean classic or second classic version.