Todd McFarlane Confrms Medieval Spawn As His Next Kickstarter And More

JayC

14 hours ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

For some reason I thought they had a falling out. I hope not though because with Todd having the DC liscence it would be cool to see some Sandman figures.

12 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I’m just glad to see Spawn getting some love and full dedicated series. It’s been so many years since we got that. Seems in a way historic landmark, hopefully Spawn series continues and doesn't flop like doomed reboot , and who knows maybe they can even do other old school image characters too, that would be good way to maintain series with new and  interesting  characters. That plain TBA Spawn figure seems interesting, hopefully it clean classic or second classic version. 

These 5 are the only new figures of this wave, They've been leaked for Months now. If a new Classic Spawn was comming with this wave, it would have been leaked by overseas retailers awhile ago, & Neil can F#*$ off & die.

12 hours ago, chickenfeetrfun2eat said:

Hell, a Curse of the Spawn figure would be great too.

Fifteen or sixteen years ago, Todd teased a badass Curse of the Spawn figure that was never made, although a few years later he put out a resin statue of the same design in black, as opposed to the red necroflesh on the figure prototype. I'd love to see that one finally get made in plastic.

Images from the latest Previews Magazine have surfaced online giving us new looks at the upcoming Spawn figures coming in 2021. These are the same figures we saw this past weekend.

- Redeemer - $24.99
- Raven Spawn - $24.99
- Clown (Deluxe) - $39.99
- 12" Violator (Mega) - $49.99

The most noticeable new thing we are seeing with these new images is the accessories that will be inlcuded with the Clown figure. Also missing from the Diamond listings is Gunslinger, which is further evidence that one is going to end up being some kind of store exclusive, most likely going to either Walmart or Target.

Finally we have a look at a new figure, it's another Mortal Kombat 11 Spawn figure called Malefik. Check out the new images below.

Spawn-Previews 1.jpg

Spawn-Previews 2.jpg

Spawn-Previews 3.jpg

Spawn-Previews 4.jpg

Spawn-Previews 5.jpg

Spawn-Previews 6.jpg

Spawn-Previews 7.jpg

Spawn-Previews.jpg

• Like 1

Really like how Clown has the ridiculous arsenal like the figures in the 90s. I really like the beefed up Violator too. I'd love to see Mcfarlane add some other image characters to this line like wetworks or deathblow...could DC even let him try Wildcats?

Dang, As cool as he looks, I was really hoping Todd would do Commando MK11 Spawn next instead of netherrealms design. Oh well, still sweet. 

Are we likely to see a new MK11 character update before the end of 2021 outside of the releases in June? Want to know if the ones in June are likely to be the last we get for the year or not, not sure how long it takes for stuff to be teased and put onto production!

• 3 weeks later...

Today McFarlane Toys and Todd McFarlane show off this years new Spawn figures.

see video here - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=external&v=995543354516879

The figures shown include:

- Gunslinger Spawn - $24.99
- Redeemer - $24.99
- Raven Spawn - $24.99

Gunslinger has two removable pistols and a riffle you can place on the figures back.

Redeemer will have multiple versions released with different color wings. One will come with a sword and the other a staff.

Clown comes with a huge weapons pack.

We have added some screen caps from the video below. We expect official images will be released throughout the afternoon so check back for those. Also Todd didn't mention when or how all of these will be released, so hopefully those details will come later today as well.

Violator will stand between 10-12"

3 more Spawn figures are already in the works beyond these.

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 1.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 2.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 3.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 4.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 5.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 6.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 7.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 8.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 9.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 10.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 11.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 12.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 13.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 14.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase.jpg

The others look good, but while the articulation scheme is definitely an upgrade, that Raven Spawn figure looks like a major downgrade in terms of design and paint (and color choices) compared to the two figures from the early 2000s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Today McFarlane Toys and Todd McFarlane show off this years new Spawn figures.

see video here - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=external&v=995543354516879

The figures shown include:

- Redeemer - $24.99
- Raven Spawn - $24.99

Gunslinger has two removable pistols and a riffle you can place on the figures back.

Redeemer will have multiple versions released with different color wings. One will come with a sword and the other a staff.

Clown comes with a huge weapons pack.

We have added some screen caps from the video below. We expect official images will be released throughout the afternoon so check back for those. Also Todd didn't mention when or how all of these will be released, so hopefully those details will come later today as well.

Violator will stand between 10-12"

3 more Spawn figures are already in the works beyond these.

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 1.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 2.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 3.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 4.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 5.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 6.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 7.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 8.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 9.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 10.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 11.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 12.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 13.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase 14.jpg

Spawn-Summer-Showcase.jpg

These are some solid looking figures. That Violator is huge. I'm tempted on that clown, but I also wonder if the kickstarter line will continue with homages to the first wave.

So Todd's just teasing the figures he has shown us for weeks already, I was hoping there will be newer Spawn stuff.

Regardless, I'm glad Gunslinger Spawn's rifle is removable. I still remember his last Pirate Spawn figure that has one flintlock pistol that isn't removable for some reason...those were bad times for Todd's company.

Seems like on some of these - mostly thinking Raven Spawn and Redeemer - we're gaining articulation but losing something that makes them seem not as good as the originals.  Raven Spawn: Looks like it is all molded plastic colors - little or no paint - and seemingly random colors for the various plastics used, almost as if they were pulled from leftover pieces and parts that weren't necessarily made to go together.  Redeemer - almost looks like the wings and the figure came from two different visions of the what the figure should look like. Wings have a realistic weathered "wash" to them, which is great. Figure is ridiculously "clean" in comparison, with no wash, shadows, details, etc. Just some really odd choices that prevent me from wanting to order figures that would otherwise be an immediate buy. 

59 minutes ago, chickenfeetrfun2eat said:

So Todd's just teasing the figures he has shown us for weeks already, I was hoping there will be newer Spawn stuff.

Regardless, I'm glad Gunslinger Spawn's rifle is removable. I still remember his last Pirate Spawn figure that has one flintlock pistol that isn't removable for some reason...those were bad times for Todd's company.

Ha ha. I think I still have that damn thing. If I'm not mistaken it's in a Rubbermaid tub somewhere in my storage unit.

57 minutes ago, Satam said:

Ha ha. I think I still have that damn thing. If I'm not mistaken it's in a Rubbermaid tub somewhere in my storage unit.

That toy from that line was just disappointing like the rest of the figures that came with it. Pretty fitting it was the last Spawn toy series and here we are, finally getting fully-articulated Spawn figures I've been wanting since the early 2000's. 

Think I got Todd's attention. He prolly mad as Hell for posting my Tweet from April leaking Gamestops pre-orders & the corresponding ToysNewsi article from April 17th.

I only posted it once on Todd's last Spawn reveal on Toddfather's day fyi.

Edit: How many 'raffle points' for the monthly bbts drawing was Todd McFarlane worth JayC ... or did I mess up🙊?

20210620_195850.jpg

• Like 1

Out of these all of em but Gunslinger should be offered everywhere. Gunslinger is def gonna be an exclusive just not sure where. My money is on Target.  There is also gonna be two versions of Redeemer released. Sounds like one might be a Gold Label since it will have different color wings and a different accessory. If one of em is a Gold Label then it will go to Walmart.

- Redeemer - $24.99
- Raven Spawn - $24.99