NECA Announces 7" Disney Gargoyles Animated Series Figures And A First Look

JayC

Gargoyles is my favorite cartoon, so I'm so excited about this. Like others, I'm hoping that they include a softer cloak/cape wing add-on.

At minimum, I need them to do a core of Hudson, Bronx, Elisa, Demona, Xanatos, Macbeth.

My ideal drops would be:

• Manhattan Clan (Goliath, Elisa, Hudson, the Trio, Bronx)
  • Xanatos
  • Demona
  • Fox
  • Macbeth
  • Thailog
  • Jackal
  • Hyena
  • Talon
  • Dracon
  • Glasses
  • Hakon (ghost)
  • Archmage all powerful

They really wouldn't have a lot of accessories, unless they treat them like TMNT and throw in things from random eps. Like Demona, she would have her BAG, Phoenix Gate, mace, and what? Lexington - a computer, headset, and (they really could 2-pack him with Bronx), Hudson, his sword and...

• Like 2

This is great news, that Goliath looks great and I can't wait to see more. I agree that the folded wings as a cape would have make for a great accessory. They should have had Keith David announce the figure like he did with They live. They better not make King Arthur or Griffin a Loot Crate exclusive or I swear to..

26 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

This is great news, that Goliath looks great and I can't wait to see more. I agree that the folded wings as a cape would have make for a great accessory. They should have had Keith David announce the figure like he did with They live. They better not make King Arthur or Griffin a Loot Crate exclusive or I swear to..

I feel like loot crate exclusives are easily going to happen which is unfortunate for those that want them all and dont want any loot crates. 

On 3/26/2021 at 4:01 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

spacer.png

This is stunning, finally I've been asking for a Gargoyles line for so long now, one of my most wanted things, I can't be more excited about this!!!!!!!!

I have no idea about the storyline of the series this character is based from but of all the action figures on pre-order on BBTS, seeing the looks of this plus it said 8-inch in size, by far, this is the fastest decision I have made to pre-order something that I have no much knowledge about. It's friggin' cool! (And despite the fact that I have a huge aversion towards the previous creations of NECA (based on reviews)-- chalky paint, random figures that have loose joints. I'll give them a shot this time. Hope they don't let me down.)

On 3/26/2021 at 12:13 PM, nieman257 said:

Gargoyles is my favorite cartoon, so I'm so excited about this. Like others, I'm hoping that they include a softer cloak/cape wing add-on.

At minimum, I need them to do a core of Hudson, Bronx, Elisa, Demona, Xanatos, Macbeth.

My ideal drops would be:

• Manhattan Clan (Goliath, Elisa, Hudson, the Trio, Bronx)
  • Xanatos
  • Demona
  • Fox
  • Macbeth
  • Thailog
  • Jackal
  • Hyena
  • Talon
  • Dracon
  • Glasses
  • Hakon (ghost)
  • Archmage all powerful

They really wouldn't have a lot of accessories, unless they treat them like TMNT and throw in things from random eps. Like Demona, she would have her BAG, Phoenix Gate, mace, and what? Lexington - a computer, headset, and (they really could 2-pack him with Bronx), Hudson, his sword and...

Hey @nieman257 . Care to help me out? I am so curious as to the storyline where these characters came from. Who's the Big Bad? And is he/she larger than this character where they based this first figure NECA is releasing? Is he/she a Gargoyle too? Sorry for the questions. I don't have Disney+, only Netflix. Maybe someday I'll buy the DVD or Bluray collection. :D

• 2 months later...
NECA Today released this Stopmotion Commercial for their Goliath 7" Gargoyles figure which you can pre-order now at places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

In the commercial they also give us our first quick look at what appears to be the second figure to be released in the Disney based line which is the female Gargoyles character known as Demona. Stay-tuned for more details as they become available.

Gargoyals-Demona.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, Blurr86 said:

Hey @nieman257 . Care to help me out? I am so curious as to the storyline where these characters came from. Who's the Big Bad? And is he/she larger than this character where they based this first figure NECA is releasing? Is he/she a Gargoyle too? Sorry for the questions. I don't have Disney+, only Netflix. Maybe someday I'll buy the DVD or Bluray collection. :D

This was a Disney cartoon from '94. It had a lot of mythology pulled in from different sources (Norse, Greek, African, Shakespeare etc), about a group of gargoyles that slept for 1000 years, and are now awake in modern NYC. It had serialized story arcs, so if something happened in one ep..even if hinted...it came up again.

The main villain/ally is a billionaire named Xanatos. He's just a regular businessman in a suit, but later built a Goliath sized exo suit. The other main villain is a female gargoyle named Demona, that was once in their clan. They make many more friends and enemies throughout the show. I don't want to spoil too much, if you're going to watch, but the villains vary in size from humans, to mutants, to gargoyles, robots, cyborgs, Gods...Through the 65 (or 78 depending on how you count) episodes, they could TMNT Cartoon the line...and get their money worth. You could easily get up to 100 characters with recurring roles, or looks.

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2021 at 5:23 AM, Blurr86 said:

One other thing to add to @nieman257's great nswer: the lead character is voiced by Keith David (actor from THEY LIVE, THE THING), Xanatos & Demonia are voiced by Star Trek Next Gen actors Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis. Pretty good series; I'm sure a lot of fans saw hints of Tony Stark in Xanatos.

I loved that black and red 'copter!

• Thanks 1

Demona oh man, amazing, sad thing is so far Canada won't be getting these, they won't be distributed here, so several retail sources have said, this is a sad thing, I'm hoping on that changing because man I want Gargoyle figures.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JayC said:
NECA Today released this Stopmotion Commercial for their Goliath 7" Gargoyles figure which you can pre-order now at places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

In the commercial they also give us our first quick look at what appears to be the second figure to be released in the Disney based line which is the female Gargoyles character known as Demona. Stay-tuned for more details as they become available.

Gargoyals-Demona.jpg

Love the retro toy commercial, haha. These figures look great.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZoomAir said:

This show was always better than tmnt. At least when I was a kid it seemed like it was. Had a cinematic feel to it.

It was far better produced for sure. Had a more mature storyline and everything. Problem was TMNT was made to sell a crap ton of toys and tmnts mass appeal went through the roof with all products related to them. Gargoyles couldve went much farther than disney pushed it and I think they didnt know what they had. 

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

It was far better produced for sure. Had a more mature storyline and everything. Problem was TMNT was made to sell a crap ton of toys and tmnts mass appeal went through the roof with all products related to them. Gargoyles couldve went much farther than disney pushed it and I think they didnt know what they had. 

I agree, I really watched the series again on Disney + and with the exception of some things here and there, it holds up really well. As for the figures, Demona is a step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Belmont13 said:

I agree, I really watched the series again on Disney + and with the exception of some things here and there, it holds up really well. As for the figures, Demona is a step in the right direction.

We watched it again recently (first time for the wife and the first time I watched the whole thing straight through). It did hold up quite well. And then my wife got the privilege of stopping after season 2, sparing her the awkward, uncomfortable, and jarring experience of having to watch the first episode of The Goliath Chronicles like I did 25 years ago before I gave up on that $#!&.

• 3 months later...

I retweeted this @ tni on twitter Demona looks amazing I love the neca gargoyles figures look so good easily some of the best figures I've seen from neca definitly going to pick Demona and Goliath for my collection and watch the show again haven't watch it in years