'Godzilla Vs. Kong' Director Comments There Will Be No 'Snyder Cut Version' Of The Film

Outsiders

What you see is what you're going to get when it comes to the Godzilla vs. Kong release by Warner Bros. and director Adam Wingard.

Wingard told Variety that the movie that premieres in theaters and on HBO Max on March 31st is his director's cut and we won't be seeing some three or four hour long, Snyder Cut version just waiting to be released.  Wingard is a big believer in keeping his movies clocking in at an efficient two hours instead of larding them up with exposition.

When asked if he struggled to keep the film’s running time at two hours, Wingard commented.

"A lot of the fans online were all asking me is this going to be a three-hour film? When it was announced that it was a little under two hours they immediately thought — when is the director’s cut coming out? I like movies under two hours. I think if you do a movie over two hours, you better have a damn good reason for it to be that long. At the end of the day, if you’re going to make this movie into three hours, you’re not going to get an extra hour of monsters fighting. You’re going to get an extra hour of people talking about monsters."

That's a pretty odd comment coming from a director who saw the project all the way through from the beginning and was allowed to do his entire vision from the start.

Though that comment is a little outta place, I must agree with the entirety of it. I too was expecting some kind of 3 hour epic, so I was a little disappointed to hear about the less than 2 hour run time, but hey, if the the movie is knock down, drag out full of giant CGI monsters kicking ayass with a minimum of boring dialogue, sign me up. There are places and times for movies that have a deep message and delve into humanity and questions about life and love and relationships, but this ain't that. I just wanna see some cool looking special effects and some awesome fight scenes.

I was also expecting it to be alot longer but the more i think about it, the more i realize alot of these movies have too much human exposition and they are just not that interesting. Its kind of like the walking dead, i dont really gaf about the humans, I want more devastation and hardships and more chaos. The humans were interesting in the comics but the shows just make them more annoying and uninteresting. Also if they did 3 hours of two creatures fighting, it probably would be pretty boring after a while. Im really hoping its going to be good tho, I have overall enjoyed the movies. 

27 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

I'm hoping that before Kong deals the killing blow Godzilla says "Save Mothra". 

"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?"  XD XD 

• Haha 2