Mortal Kombat 11 Spawn (Lord Covenant) Figure Revealed

JayC

McFarlane Toys continues to show just how many ways they can repaint that Mortal Kombat 11 Spawn figure, this time as a "Lord Covenant" variant. Look for the figure to be released in June.

Spawn-Lord-Covenant-01.jpg

Spawn-Lord-Covenant-02.jpg

Spawn-Lord-Covenant-03.jpg

Spawn-Lord-Covenant-04.jpg

Spawn-Lord-Covenant-05.jpg

Spawn-Lord-Covenant-06.jpg

Spawn-Lord-Covenant-07.jpg

Spawn-Lord-Covenant-08.jpg

Spawn-Lord-Covenant-09.jpg

Spawn-Lord-Covenant-10.jpg

• Like 1

Milk that thang, Todd! Looks cool but not my preferred look. There are a few skin variants in the game that I wish hed do, but primarily Id like him to do a few other alt costumes instead of reusing this same mold over and over. 

I like it, but I have no interest in getting it, this as a look for spawn really holds no interest to me, I am susrprised because I would have always thought myself to be a buy everything spawn guy, but I don think I need a ton of spawn's in 1 off repaints that never appeared in a comic or anywhere other then a video game, these colors don't scream spawn to me, I mean I was roped into buying that naked bloody spawn and that is probably going to be it for me in terms of weird repaints inless they do that red spawn angel of mercy I'd buy that.

2 hours ago, MRT said:

Those color combos are not good... Is anyone really buying them?

Yes, they sell well, and I buy them. There are several different variants like this from the game, and I guarantee he'll make them all to maximize earnings from the mold. That figure cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop, sculpt, and tool, and he can only justify making them if he can make a profit from it. If he can't profit, then he isn't going to develop a figure. This kind of figure is a Holy Grail for toymakers because of the sheer number of variants that can be pulled from the game.  That way they can repaint the hell out of it and still say within the canon of the game and not repaint it simply for the sake of repainting it. The only way he can stay in business and pay his employees is to make money, and these repaints are an easy money maker given there's no sculpting or tooling required. On top of that, there's 3 different weapons, so he can release each one 3 times. Any other toy maker would release all 3 weapons with the figure, but TM is the God King Maker of the industry (and that kind of makes him a bit of an ass...which he most certainly is.

I met him 20-25 years ago when he was a guest at the Con the comic shop I worked at back then hosted (Def Con was the name of it but I don't know which number it was). I don't know how he is now, but he came off as a complete jerk and was one of the most arrogant and pompous people I'd ever met up to that point in life. I guess the $10,000 we were paying him wasn't enough to expect a little human courtesy. Anyway, we could either do Todd or Mark Hamill that year, but they were both charging $10,000 each, so we could only do one that year.  

Shown below are official images for the Mortal Kombat 11 Gold Label Spawn (Curse of Apocalypse) figure from McFarlane Toys. This will be a Walmart exclusive released in April. At this time the figure is not yet available for pre-order.

Mustard-Spawn-01.jpg

Mustard-Spawn-02.jpg

Mustard-Spawn-03.jpg

Mustard-Spawn-04.jpg

Mustard-Spawn-05.jpg

Mustard-Spawn-06.jpg

Mustard-Spawn-07.jpg

Mustard-Spawn-08.jpg

Mustard-Spawn-09.jpg

Mustard-Spawn-10.jpg

On 3/20/2021 at 1:04 AM, obs said:

On top of that, there's 3 different weapons, so he can release each one 3 times.

If you throw in a bloody variant option, then he could up it to six releases for each color scheme.

My guess is that he will do what he can to make sure some version of Spawn is available on the shelf at as many stores as possible.  Personally, I have only been able to find MK11 Spawn once in stores, and it was a Target exclusive version.

So I guess McFarlane is really going to do all the colors in the game. Well so far its just 4/10 colors so not quite there yet. I kind of do hope he does the All red skin with black color scheme tho, that one I think is pretty nice. This is essentially number 6 in different mk11 spawn releases. 

8 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

"Albert Simmons of Earth you have the ability to instill great fear welcome to the Sinestro Corps."

Exactly the first thing I thought of when I saw this! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...