Jump to content

Samurai Showdown Nakoruru 1/12 Figure Preview From Storm Collectibles


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Pretty awesome. Im excited to see where this license goes. I really want a bunch of characters from the series. Nakoruru was never one of my favorites but its nice to see a new storm female figure coming out. It all depends on whats released as im holding off on a few already announced characters that they are making, namely morrigan, juri, evil ryu sf4, geese howard, and king from tekken to name just a few. XD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love Storm Collectables figures, but they just have a reaaaaaally slow and sporadic roll out rate. I'm pretty sure they have a license of some sort for all major fighting games and it's fun to see Street Fighter next to King of Fighters next to Tekken and now Samurai Showdown but it's like they don't even really get to a buncha characters people want before they're on to the next license. It's like their resources are spread too thin. I do like them, though. Are they worth the price? That's all relative, I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Zerzar999 said:

Love Storm Collectables figures, but they just have a reaaaaaally slow and sporadic roll out rate. I'm pretty sure they have a license of some sort for all major fighting games and it's fun to see Street Fighter next to King of Fighters next to Tekken and now Samurai Showdown but it's like they don't even really get to a buncha characters people want before they're on to the next license. It's like their resources are spread too thin. I do like them, though. Are they worth the price? That's all relative, I suppose.

They have Samurai Shodown, Tekken 7, Street Fighter V, Ultra Street Fighter 2, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters 98, World Heroes Perfect, Soul Calibur 6, Guilty Gear Strive, Injustice 1 and 2 as their Fighting game licenses. All those games have HUGE rosters, theres no way in hell they are going to get most of those characters out in figure form. The figures are imported from Hong Kong so development will always be slow getting around from factory to seller to buyer. They are still bringing out characters from their first licenses as well. Im ok with them taking their time as their figures are mega expensive. If they had put out as many characters as say marvel legends, id be completely F'd in the A. I enjoy the slow burn and having them bring out a character from this license and then this and then this. They dont operate the same as say NECA who burns through a series and then is done... or in their alien/predator dept, just milks tf out of it. The price always hits hard but most of their licenses have rarely got figures and pretty much every character theyve put out are the definitive versions of those characters in figure form. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2021 at 6:12 PM, EvilHayato said:

They have Samurai Shodown, Tekken 7, Street Fighter V, Ultra Street Fighter 2, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters 98, World Heroes Perfect, Soul Calibur 6, Guilty Gear Strive, Injustice 1 and 2 as their Fighting game licenses. All those games have HUGE rosters, theres no way in hell they are going to get most of those characters out in figure form. The figures are imported from Hong Kong so development will always be slow getting around from factory to seller to buyer. They are still bringing out characters from their first licenses as well. Im ok with them taking their time as their figures are mega expensive. If they had put out as many characters as say marvel legends, id be completely F'd in the A. I enjoy the slow burn and having them bring out a character from this license and then this and then this. They dont operate the same as say NECA who burns through a series and then is done... or in their alien/predator dept, just milks tf out of it. The price always hits hard but most of their licenses have rarely got figures and pretty much every character theyve put out are the definitive versions of those characters in figure form. 

Exactly. Huge. Variety is the spice of life, but I would just like to see them concentrate on one roster at a time. You're right though, the ones they do do (heh!) are damn near perfect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zerzar999 said:

Exactly. Huge. Variety is the spice of life, but I would just like to see them concentrate on one roster at a time. You're right though, the ones they do do (heh!) are damn near perfect.

I would agree with you a few years ago, but now id say thats near impossible. Rosters are huge for the games they have and they seem to put out like 4-8 per year if that. By that range, they wont get done with anything. The MK license they have alone spans the whole 11 games. Its just fascinating that theyve been able to get so many licenses for so many fighting games of all things and ones that are not new. But again, im just happy to get any characters from any of these series. Most havent really seen ANY figures before this let alone done to such detail and perfection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2021 at 1:25 PM, EvilHayato said:

I would agree with you a few years ago, but now id say thats near impossible. Rosters are huge for the games they have and they seem to put out like 4-8 per year if that. By that range, they wont get done with anything. The MK license they have alone spans the whole 11 games. Its just fascinating that theyve been able to get so many licenses for so many fighting games of all things and ones that are not new. But again, im just happy to get any characters from any of these series. Most havent really seen ANY figures before this let alone done to such detail and perfection. 

And by that, it looks like they try to get as many of those lesser knowns in as possible. We've all seen the Scorpion's and Ryu's from various studios, so it is nice to see the deeper roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zerzar999 said:

And by that, it looks like they try to get as many of those lesser knowns in as possible. We've all seen the Scorpion's and Ryu's from various studios, so it is nice to see the deeper roster.

I d love for them to hit up some others. Some of the more commonly known ones make sense tho. And also its very economical with some of those character choices like if we get scorpion, then sub zero, reptile, ermac, and any other ninja will be coming right after that since they are the same body... same with Ryu and the shotos... or even Fuuma and Hanzou. They happen to be the games poster children but makes sense.. Altho it would be nice if they were spaced out for other molds but i get it. Good news tho is once those are out, they have no choice but to get to the bread and butter of the rosters. I am also excited that they are going to be doing more female characters. My whole storm collection is sausages. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nakoruru is a Shrine Maiden warrior who can hear the voices of spirits and nature. A gentle girl who loves nature and animals from the bottom of her heart, she usually spends peaceful time with her family in the village. However, when he feels the crisis of nature, he departs from the village and challenges the mission of "protecting nature". Defeat evil enemies that threaten nature with a powerful attack with the hawk sidekick Mamahaha.

Features:
3 x Interchanging Head-Sculpts
3x Interchanging Hair Style
4 x Interchanging Pair of Hands
Makiri Short Sword
Sword Effect
Hawk Mamahaha
Interchanging Hawk Mamahaha's Wings and Tail

Estimated Release Date: Q3 2021

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-04.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-05.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-06.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-07.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-08.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-09.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-10.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-11.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-12.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-13.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-14.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-15.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Nakoruru-16.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She looks great and awesome they gave her hawk mamahaha open and closed wings. Im disappointed that shes going to be $90. Was realllllly hoping shed be less like around $70. Nice that she has 3 different blown hair styles. Whats cool is she also could be a part of the King of Fighters since shes in KOF14. Also awesome we are getting a new female from them. I will probably not be picking her up since that price tag is just not worth it to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE