McFarlane Toys Kickstarter Modern Spawn Review

DareDevil19

9 hours ago, Satam said:

Chains on the waist look a bit too thick and chunky to me. Also, wasn't this guy supposed to come with at least one more head?

I just got my modern Spawn in and I found myself disappointed there wasn't a masked head.  I was also under the impression that it was supposed to be included as well.

Outside of that it's a great fig.  The packaging and extras are really nice.

So this end product is much better than i anticipated, altho alot of my gripes are still there. The neck and waist are still annoying but arent as bad looking. I still hate his wrist cuts, those are angled and cut there?!.. His proportions look a bit wonk too... but overall im very happy for people that got him and love him. Ive only heard praises for those that did so that is awesome. I hope todd doesnt do his next one, preposed and then cut the parts like he did this tho. I like having my figures symmetrical, unless details prevent that. 

13 hours ago, Satam said:

Chains on the waist look a bit too thick and chunky to me. Also, wasn't this guy supposed to come with at least one more head?

Nope, only two heads.

The Leg boot is supposed to be on the other foot (according to every piece of Artwork & Figure of Modern Spawn).

If You wanted a painted Masked Head Sculpt the Classic Spawn was the location for that sculpt.

4 hours ago, kILLMonger said:

I just got my modern Spawn in and I found myself disappointed there wasn't a masked head.  I was also under the impression that it was supposed to be included as well.

Outside of that it's a great fig.  The packaging and extras are really nice.

Nope, the Modern Spawn only had two heads (Human Sculpt & Hamburger Head).

The Leg boot is supposed to be on the other foot (according to every piece of Artwork & Figure of Modern Spawn), if anything You should be upset about that.

If You wanted a painted Masked Head Sculpt the Classic Spawn was the location for that sculpt, it was clearly stated all over the Kickstarter tbh.

14 hours ago, Satam said:

Yeah that's kinda weak it comes without masked head, like unmasked heads are cool but you want head with mask wtf. But this figure looks even better in modern paint apps, as much as I love classic design. 

Why does the Al Simmons sculpt look like Batista? That's not what he looked like in the comics. Why would Todd change his own characters face to be so different from the source art material?

21 hours ago, Tha_Starkiller said:

Nope, the Modern Spawn only had two heads (Human Sculpt & Hamburger Head).

The Leg boot is supposed to be on the other foot (according to every piece of Artwork & Figure of Modern Spawn), if anything You should be upset about that.

If You wanted a painted Masked Head Sculpt the Classic Spawn was the location for that sculpt, it was clearly stated all over the Kickstarter tbh.

The Kickstarter had the human head coming with the 3 pack in the tiers (looking now it's a "fully human" headsculpt) .

I'm not tripping over it because the modern Spawn is fire.  I would have liked a masked head (I can let the hamburger head go).  Maybe I'll see if someone is interested in trading of I can find one on Ebay.  

It was definitely worth the wait and Todd came through.  Hopefully now more Spawn stuff can show up at retail.