Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Game Makes Old New Again

JayC

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge reunites Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello to kick shell in a beautifully realized pixel art world invoking the turtles’ classic 1987 design. The game is being done by Dotemu and Tribute Games.

With Bebop and Rocksteady amassing gizmos to support Krang and Shredder’s latest scheme, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge finds the turtles battling through a breathless tour of iconic TMNT locations to thwart their nemeses’ most diabolical plan yet. Armed with shell-shocking new abilities built on a foundation of classic brawling mechanics, the gang are in for an exhilarating, Foot Clan-stomping romp leading them through the sewers and bustling boroughs of New York City all the way to Dimension X.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge will be available on PC and consoles.

Trailer directed by Gary Levesque and produced by Wizz (Quadgroup)
Music: Executive producer Mutant Ninja Records
Vocals: Mike Patton
Music: Jb Hanak
Guitar solo: Cedric Hanak
Production: Olivier Dax & Jb Hanak

TMNT-Shredders-Revenge.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

The intro is better than the last two reboots, especially the last one, and well what else can I say?, I freakin' love freakin' retrogaming.

I think thats because it was basically just a carbon copy of the 80s cartoon into.

• Thanks 1

The intro alone is great and an awesome homage to the classic 90s era of tmnt and their beatem up counter parts. I am suuuuuper excited for this title. I love that we still get these kind of nostalgia kicks from time to time in todays modern AAA games market. I have alot of anticipation for this since its made by the Streets of Rage 4 and Scott Pilgrim people. Those are some top notch nostalgia retro era games. I hope that with the intro showing april and splinter fighting, that they potentially are playable. SoR4 allowed or more than just the base roster to be playable and even had some of the older games characters to play as. Hopefully this one puts some extra sugar on top.

53 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

The intro is better than the last two reboots, especially the last one, and well what else can I say?, I freakin' love freakin' retrogaming.

aww man the 2012 series was great. It was its own thing but still retained alot of what the turtles are. I can see you not liking it as much if you enjoyed the 2003 one. The new one was alot more slapstick-esque but imo was actually funny and entertaining. I m not one really for goofiness so its really out of leftfield that i enjoyed it as much. That newest one just changed too much that it felt off and i dont really dig the art style so much. Unless you are talking about the tmnt games... which there are alot of those that are pretty much garbage shovelware and not alot of good.

• Thanks 1

Publisher Dotemu and developer Tribute Games in partnership with Nickelodeon today announced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge for PC and consoles, a classically informed side scrolling beat-em-up directly inspired by classic TMNT games like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge reunites Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello to kick shell in a beautifully realized pixel art world invoking the turtles’ classic 1987 design. Today’s announcement trailer perfectly encapsulates the Heroes in a Half-Shell’s rambunctious attitude as they leap and bash their way across Manhattan to a thumping rendition of their signature anthem belted out by Faith No More’s Mike Patton.

With Bebop and Rocksteady amassing gizmos to support Krang and Shredder’s latest scheme, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge finds the turtles battling through a breathless tour of iconic TMNT locations to thwart their nemeses’ most diabolical plan yet. Armed with shell-shocking new abilities built on a foundation of classic brawling mechanics, the gang are in for an exhilarating, Foot Clan-stomping romp leading them through the sewers and bustling boroughs of New York City all the way to Dimension X.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge joins two retro gaming experts: Dotemu, the developer and publisher known for faithful ports as well as impeccable remakes and continuations of beloved gaming series including Streets of Rage 4, the smash hit nominated for Best Action game at The Game Awards 2020, as well as the upcoming Windjammers 2 and highly lauded Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap; and Tribute Games, the studio behind retro-themed original IPs including Panzer Paladin, Flinthook and Mercenary Kings which embody the spirit of classic games in new experiences. Tribute Games also houses key talent behind the acclaimed Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game beat-em-up and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game released for Game Boy Advance in 2007.

TMNT_Shredders_Revenge_1.jpg

TMNT_Shredders_Revenge_2.jpg

TMNT_Shredders_Revenge_3.jpg

TMNT_Shredders_Revenge_4.jpg

TMNT_Shredders_Revenge_5.jpg

TMNT_Shredders_Revenge_6.jpg

TMNT_Shredders_Revenge_7.jpg

TMNT_Shredders_Revenge_8.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Publisher Dotemu and developer Tribute Games in partnership with Nickelodeon today announced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge is bringing its classically inspired brawling action to Nintendo Switch. The news was part of Nintendo's Indie World presentation and follows previous confirmation of the game coming to PC.

During the Nintendo Indie World Showcase, Tribute Games Co-Founder Jean-Francois Major and Dotemu CEO Cyrille Imbert confirmed the heroes in a half shell are chasing the Foot Clan to Switch before sharing new gameplay. The Turtles unleash radical special moves and gnarly combos in the footage, bashing foes throughout areas reminiscent of classic TMNT games such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge’s lively battles are backed by original music from Tee Lopes, a composer and arranger previously featured in Sonic Mania, League of Legends, and Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom among other releases. A sample of Lopes’ wickedly energetic melodies can be heard in today’s gameplay trailer.

Inspired by the Turtles’ iconic 1987 design, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge brings New York City’s most righteous ninjas to life with gorgeous pixel art that’d look right at home in your favorite retro arcade. From showdowns with infamous rivals like Bebop and Rocksteady to returns to signature locales like Dimension X, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge is a bodacious celebration of classic TMNT beat-em-ups with its own modern touches.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge joins two retro gaming experts: Dotemu, the developer and publisher known for faithful ports as well as impeccable remakes and continuations of beloved gaming series including Streets of Rage 4, the smash hit nominated for Best Action game at The Game Awards 2020, as well as the upcoming Windjammers 2 and highly lauded Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap; and Tribute Games, the studio behind retro-themed original IPs including Panzer Paladin, Flinthook and Mercenary Kings which embody the spirit of classic games in new experiences. Tribute Games also houses key talent behind the acclaimed Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game beat-em-up and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game released for Game Boy Advance in 2007.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Very nice about the news but it's not coming for PS4?

Previous post have it listed for PC and all consoles so I would believe that would be for the PS4 as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Previous post have it listed for PC and all consoles so I would believe that would be for the PS4 as well.

Hopefully... My wife have the switch but I think the game will play better in a bigger controller 🎮

• 4 months later...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge will feature April O’Neil, star reporter and beloved ally to the heroes in a half shell, as a playable fighter when the game launches on Nintendo Switch and PC in 2022.

April unleashes flurries of hits against the Foot Clan’s devious soldiers. Her agility and far-reaching slide kicks help her close in on targets quickly, and she once again proves the turtles can rely on her unwavering support, even through slices of pizza.

• Thanks 1

I cant tell you all how much I cant wait for this friggin game to release. Looks sooooo goooood

5 hours ago, MutantEquality said:

I haven’t bought a system since the Wii but I would actually buy a system just to play this. Can’t wait

If you have a pc and a controller from xbox 360/ps3 era to xbox 1x/ps5, you can play it without having to buy a console. I doubt this game will require ridiculous pc specs. 

• Thanks 1