Godzilla Vs Kong Mechagodzilla 6" Figure From Playmates Toys

JayC

I don't know how movie accurate this toy is, but shown below is a look at the new Godzilla vs. Kong 6" MechaGodzilla from Playmates Toys. The figure which is based on the upcoming Warner Bros. Movie costs $9.84 and is currently listed on Walmart.com.

Legends collide as Godzilla and Kong, the two most powerful forces of nature, clash in a spectacular battle for the ages! The monster war rages on the surface and deep within our world as the spectacular secret realm of the titans known as the Hollow Earth is revealed!

-A robotic Apex predator with unstoppable powers of laser destruction, Mechagodzilla was created in secret to destroy Godzilla and end the reign of monsters.
-Comes with a "battle damage" feature!

Remove to reveal the powerful impact of monster battles! Includes HEAV accessory!
-Designed and sculpted based on the 2021 blockbuster movie, Godzilla vs. Kong! Collect them all!

Godzilla-Vs-Kong-01.jpg

Godzilla-Vs-Kong-02.jpg

Godzilla-Vs-Kong-03.jpg

Godzilla-Vs-Kong-04.jpeg

Godzilla-Vs-Kong-05.jpg

Godzilla-Vs-Kong-06.jpg

Godzilla-Vs-Kong-07.jpg

18 minutes ago, jkpopculture said:

There were rumors of mecha godzilla so I am not surprised that the toys potentially leaked it. 

Rumors?, it was leaked/confirmed even before any rumors came out, although, a list leaked while back featuring and old acquaintance from the KoTM movie, I don't know if he's a potential spoiler or they'll just bring him back to the toy line because he's a good seller.

...I haven't seen any GvsK figures in my city...

I ve never seen any leaks or anything so this is new to me as well. I guessed that he was going to be in because i guessed that godzilla isnt actually the baddy in this. So to have this plastered on the net for all to see is pretty spoiler territory. Just because we havent seen the leaks, still means its a spoiler if its not shown by the company making it. Altho i heard he was in the trailers but I did not see it and it wasnt predominantly shown off. Trailers can spoil $#!t too. Glad I was right about him tho! 

33 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I ve never seen any leaks or anything so this is new to me as well. I guessed that he was going to be in because i guessed that godzilla isnt actually the baddy in this.

Maybe the leak didn't expand any further from the Godzilla fan circles, for us it was already of general knowledge that MechG would be in the film, early last year the photos of a product exhibition, mostly the Playmates figures, leaked into the net, even I posted it here. Two weeks ago a person from China uploaded images of another MechaG figure to the Internet, official artwork was also leaked and let's not forget that funko also showed a Pop version a few days after the first movie trailer. In any case, it's already general knowledge.

13 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Maybe the leak didn't expand any further from the Godzilla fan circles, for us it was already of general knowledge that MechG would be in the film, early last year the photos of a product exhibition, mostly the Playmates figures, leaked into the net, even I posted it here. Two weeks ago a person from China uploaded images of another MechaG figure to the Internet, official artwork was also leaked and let's not forget that funko also showed a Pop version a few days after the first movie trailer. In any case, it's already general knowledge.

Wow, ive seen none of that. People on TNIs facebook page are definitely not fans of this news story being out there. I guess they didnt follow any of those either. It is what it is these days. If you dont watch a show when it first airs, you suddenly get spoilers left and right. Wandavision being one of those. Like day after it airs, you better have seen it or else BOOM heres a new character you missed or a new costume. Its crazy. I remember with game of thrones, dont get on the net if you havent seen the new eps. XD.. 

32 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Wow, ive seen none of that. People on TNIs facebook page are definitely not fans of this news story being out there. I guess they didnt follow any of those either. It is what it is these days. If you dont watch a show when it first airs, you suddenly get spoilers left and right. Wandavision being one of those. Like day after it airs, you better have seen it or else BOOM heres a new character you missed or a new costume. Its crazy. I remember with game of thrones, dont get on the net if you havent seen the new eps. XD.. 

The first trailer made a lot of noise all over the net, even we long-time fans were surprised by the reaction of the general audience, as I mentioned, these kinds of details are going unnoticed beyond our circles, I don't know if it's good or bad thing, there are some fans right now complaining because the trailers have been revealing too much about the movie plot and they think that's going to spoil the movie for the GA. 🤔

I had no doubts Mecha G was in the movie, from various sources, but somehow I never saw anything showcasing what he looked like, and I must say ew...not a fan of this re-design, however on screen might be a bit more defined this just looks like a muddled knock off, but that could be solely the figures fault.

20 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I had no doubts Mecha G was in the movie, from various sources, but somehow I never saw anything showcasing what he looked like, and I must say ew...not a fan of this re-design, however on screen might be a bit more defined this just looks like a muddled knock off, but that could be solely the figures fault.

Well, here is another view, a little closer to its actual look in the movie.

EvHgPZpWgAEUxff-550x825.jpg

13 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Well, here is another view, a little closer to its actual look in the movie.

EvHgPZpWgAEUxff-550x825.jpg

Oh I guess this isn't much of a better view, but judging from this I'm still not a fan, looks like he was built out of Technics.

23 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh I guess this isn't much of a better view, but judging from this I'm still not a fan, looks like he was built out of Technics.

Maybe with the desire to make it look like something realistic, something technically possible and not like a guy in a suit they ended up making it look weird, I liked the MechaG design that appeared in the Ready Player One movie more than this one, it looked more modern but at the same time recognizable.

Mechagodzilla_(RPO)_-_Infobox.thumb.png.702022969cb63e8734ca9511ea504b47.png

4 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

The first trailer made a lot of noise all over the net, even we long-time fans were surprised by the reaction of the general audience, as I mentioned, these kinds of details are going unnoticed beyond our circles, I don't know if it's good or bad thing, there are some fans right now complaining because the trailers have been revealing too much about the movie plot and they think that's going to spoil the movie for the GA. 🤔

I still cant wait for the movie and Im kind of more pumped that mecha godzilla is in it. Means that godzilla isnt goin bad, which we all kind of knew and we get to see kong kick mechas ass. 

17 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I ve never seen any leaks or anything so this is new to me as well. I guessed that he was going to be in because i guessed that godzilla isnt actually the baddy in this. So to have this plastered on the net for all to see is pretty spoiler territory. Just because we havent seen the leaks, still means its a spoiler if its not shown by the company making it. Altho i heard he was in the trailers but I did not see it and it wasnt predominantly shown off. Trailers can spoil $#!t too. Glad I was right about him tho! 

Mecha will be the one to fall and at the end of the movie Godzilla and Kong will high five :D There spoiler!

3 hours ago, Blurr86 said:

Mecha will be the one to fall and at the end of the movie Godzilla and Kong will high five :D There spoiler!

Before I even knew mecha was in, this is what i predicted XD. but instead of high fiving, they fist bump :D I cant wait to see it either way. 

• Haha 1

Gotta be honest, I'm not a fan of this Mechagodzilla design, looks a bit trashy like some Bayformers characters lol, really that's kinda the first vibe i get at seeing this toy.

On 3/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, K9K1N6 said:

Gotta be honest, I'm not a fan of this Mechagodzilla design, looks a bit trashy like some Bayformers characters lol, really that's kinda the first vibe i get at seeing this toy.

Secretly, MG is made of nanotech and from the Transformers franchise. :D