New 5" TMNT And Beetlejuice Figures Coming From TheLoyalSubjects?!?

JayC

Looks like both Beetlejuice and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures are going to be joining the 5" BST AXN line from The Loyal Subjects. These images come via instagramer toyhypeusa.

For those not familiar with the BST AXN line, the figures are said to have around 25 points of articulation and generally cost around $15.99 each. Stay-tuned for more details on these new figures as they become available.

00.jpg

Loyal-Subjects-Beetlejuice-01.jpg

Loyal-Subjects-Beetlejuice-02.jpg

Loyal-Subjects-Beetlejuice-03.jpg

Loyal-Subjects-TMNT-01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

interesting, this surely might be an interesting sight to behold for my brother since he used to watched the Beetlejuice cartoon more than i did, though he isn't really a collector but i bet this would just be interesting for him to look it ^^

The renders for Beetlejuice and Lidia (and Ginger) look almost perfect (BJ needs to be way more pale). Any dip in quality is going ruin them, but it seems like Loyal Subjects is better at animation-based figures than figures based on real people/actors/characters, soooo......

• Thanks 1

Yesterday we told you about new 5" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Beetlejuice figures in the works for the BST AXN line from The Loyal Subjects. Well now we have looks at even more figures coming this year which have started going up for pre-order on overseas websites.

The BST AXN line is made up of figures with around 25 points of accessories and include characters from a wide range of properties. The figures generally cost around $15.99. Here is a breakdown of the new figures that seem to be coming to the line this year.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cartoon Series

-Leonardo
-Donatello
-Michelangelo
-Raphael

Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV Series
-Buffy
-Angel

Gremlins
-Gizmo
-Stripe

Rock Bands
-Ozzy Osbourne
-KISS – The Spaceman

Aang (Monk)

Beetlejuice Cartoon Series
-Beetlejuice
-Lydia Deetz in Purple Outfit
-Lydia Deetz in Red spider Outfit

The Lord of the Rings (No Images)
-Strider
-Legolas

Firefly (No Images)
-River Tam
-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Big Trouble in Little China (No Images
-Jack Burton
-Rain
-Lo Pan

-Zuko
-Katara

Napoleon Dynamite
-Uncle Rico

01-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-TMNT-Raphael.jpg

02-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-TMNT-Raphael.jpg

03-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-TMNT-Raphael.jpg

04-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-TMNT-Raphael.jpg

05-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-TMNT-Raphael.jpg

06-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-TMNT-Raphael.jpg

07-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-TMNT-Raphael.jpg

08-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-TMNT-Raphael.jpg

09-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-Ozzy-Osbourne.jpg

10-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-Ozzy-Osbourne.jpg

11-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-Ozzy-Osbourne.jpg

12-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-Ozzy-Osbourne.jpg

13-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-Ozzy-Osbourne.jpg

14-Loyal-Subjects-BST-AXN-Ozzy-Osbourne.jpg

• Thanks 1

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Buffy (though not sold on those sculpts... hoping the final product is a bit better), Firefly and ATLA figures! I already like the Aang better than the Diamond version and I can't wait to see the Katara and Zuko as well. Oh and also the LotR cause I already picked up Gandalf!

• Thanks 1

I just purchased Edward and Alphonse Elric from this line, and the store I got them from requested a review.  Shared below:
<P>

The BST AXN action figure line from Loyal Subjects appear to be neither the best, nor particularly "actiony" as a result.  While the sculpts and poseability are RELATIVELY decent at this scale, the figures are rather lacking in several key areas:
<P>
- Missing joints that allow them a full range of motion (Ed can't "clap his hands," a VITAL signature move that the figure can't perform).
- Missing key accessories (Ed DOES have clapping hands, but can't use them, as noted above; he DOES NOT have a spear or gripping hands to hold one; nor alternate arms without a blade or wearing a full coat sleeve, just a bare metal battle arm).
- Inconsistent scale (Ed here is TALLER than his brother, which is absurd and would automatically disqualify him from purchase by MOST fans).
- Inconsistent offerings (Ed and Al are the only "FullMetal Alchemist" figures available in the line; the others are Gandalf from "Lord of the Rings," Spike and Vicious from "Cowboy Bebop," Napoleon Dynamite, a bunch of '80s rockstars, and the villain from "Big Trouble in Little China," of all things).
- Incongruous scale (if you're an action figure collector, these are an odd size that WILL NOT fit with ANY other figures in your collection).
- Skewed pricing (these are not really worth $16 apiece for what you're getting).
<P>
All that said . . . the figures aren't AWFUL, and as there are precious few FullMetal Alchemist figures available in the US, there aren't really any other inexpensive options.  They mostly look good on an individual case by case basis, and if you're a good customizer, you CAN make a genuinely excellent Ed and Al out of this toy, with a bit of work (trimming, minor sculpting, and some spliced joints from other figures).
<P>
Overall . . . not a GREAT line of figures, but it has some potential, and it's average for a first offering from an inexperienced company.  Hopefully, they improve with future offerings.

<P>
NOW, WITH ALL THAT OUT OF THE WAY . . . I will reiterate, I DO think they have potential.  Notably, I am a customizer, and with some RELATIVELY simple mods, I did rework THE HELL out of Ed and Al, and now they're actually some of the best FullMetal Alchemist figures you can get in the US. I plan to share some pics here once I'm completely finished.  Point being, there are definitely GOOD FIGURES hidden in the BST AXN line . . . but Loyal Subjects needs to put in a bit more effort so that they're NOT so hidden.
<P>
AND . . . they need some friggin' BRAND CONSISTENCY. *LOL* Like, ONE LOTR figure, so far?  Exactly TWO characters from Cowboy Bebop? (Characters that already have good figures on the market, no less.) Only two FMA characters?  Four Turtles is good, but will we EVER get villains?  And it's nice to have a budget alternative for Diamond Select's Avatar line . . . but will it actually BE a "line," or we only gonna get three figures and then done?  If so . . . what's my incentive to bother?
<P>
. . . And for the love of @#$%, if you ONLY release Malcolm and River and we don't get the rest of the crew, I AM GOING TO [REDACTED] YOUR [REDACTED] LIGHT ON FIRE [REDACTED] I SWEAR TO GOD!!!
<P>
As a side note, I would FLIP MY $#!+ if they could make a complete series of Thurdercats as well! (Since that also happens to be a license they hold for their chibi figures.)
<P>
In any case, I think these new offerings DEFINITELY show promise, and if Loyal Subjects actually makes good on that promise (and commits to full line-ups on ANY of the franchises they're producing) . . . I do think they have a real potential winner in this series.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2021 at 2:40 PM, JayC said:

Looks like both Beetlejuice and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures are going to be joining the 5" BST AXN line from The Loyal Subjects. These images come via instagramer toyhypeusa.

For those not familiar with the BST AXN line, the figures are said to have around 25 points of articulation and generally cost around $15.99 each. Stay-tuned for more details on these new figures as they become available.

00.jpg

Loyal-Subjects-Beetlejuice-01.jpg

Loyal-Subjects-Beetlejuice-02.jpg

Loyal-Subjects-Beetlejuice-03.jpg

Loyal-Subjects-TMNT-01.jpg

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice... I will buy these figures and the turtles depending on the packaging...😀✌️

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man that Sauron figure is killer, I would 100% be buying all of the LOTR figures in this line if I actually thought they had a decent chance to fill it out, I doubt they will though, I will buy that Sauron though, also I'm glad to hear that more Big Trouble figures are coming I need a Jack Burton, I also think I will probably not be able to pass on the Gizmo and Stripe. I think this line has huge potential but too many licences scares me, and makes me feel doubts they can fully flesh out full IPs.

• Thanks 1

Interesting line for sure, so far figures look simplistic but not too bad, still they made mistake when deciding to go with 5 inch scale, scale  which is almost non existent at this point, yes it's retro for 90s but these figures are closer to modern figure aesthetic anyway, but I do get that maybe they are trying to make this scale their own and since no one is really using it anymore it might be easier to get licenses, and maybe reasoning is that thanks to this scale, they will possibly score not just all movie and game franchises but even DC/Marvel license in certain exclusive one time circumstances.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Well, just for fun. Loyal Subjects just shared some images of the BST AXN Stripe Gremlin.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks really cool and the colors really catch the eye of the viewer...✌️😀

These figures look interesting. The animated ones look great because it seems like TLS have a good background on cartoony looks. That Angel is abysmal. Realistic proportions but big googly cartoon eyes? eesh. Some of these figures also look like they could use a good wash. I always enjoyed their little blind box figures specifically their MOTU line. Beetlejuice I think is probably the highlight so far of what theyve shown. With the Stripe, I cant help but compare it to the far superior NECA gremlins. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2021 at 6:36 PM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Well, just for fun. Loyal Subjects just shared some images of the BST AXN Stripe Gremlin.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stripe should be a very dark green. I'm hoping it's just lighting, but he looks pitch black here.

• Thanks 1