Jump to content

TNI Guest Editorial: Cancel Culture in Action Figure Collector Communities: Necessary Evil or Cyberbullying? By Chip Carroll


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, SleeplessKnight said:

And I disagree with you. If I was going someplace to get groceries, figures, or whatever, why should you have to pay for my trip? I was going there anyways. If you're going to go out of your way to go out and get figures, unless it's for a friend who can't himself and they specifically asked you to, why? Stay home and leave it for the next collector. Asking anything over retail +shipping costs is scalping.

That's actually a pretty solid point and this is coming from a dude who doesn't really mind paying for gas. But you make a very valid case. If these are folks that are going out to look for their own collection and happen to pick up extra in case of others, we didn't ask them or make them do that. We didn't gun-point force it. The elected to do it themselves. Example: If I went to the grocery store, saw milk was on sale and knew a friend was out...it would be pretty petty for me to ask him/her to pay for it AND my gas money when I went for groceries for myself. Agreed it's one thing if you DID ask a favor and they went out of their way to for you and you alone, then it just a sort of courtesy to pay for gas. But often that ISN'T the case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, MysterioMaximus84 said:

That's actually a pretty solid point and this is coming from a dude who doesn't really mind paying for gas. But you make a very valid case. If these are folks that are going out to look for their own collection and happen to pick up extra in case of others, we didn't ask them or make them do that. We didn't gun-point force it. The elected to do it themselves. Example: If I went to the grocery store, saw milk was on sale and knew a friend was out...it would be pretty petty for me to ask him/her to pay for it AND my gas money when I went for groceries for myself. Agreed it's one thing if you DID ask a favor and they went out of their way to for you and you alone, then it just a sort of courtesy to pay for gas. But often that ISN'T the case. 

See the gas thing has become and extra "pad" for people trying to turn a profit on HTF figs.  No one is going to ask for fuel cost for say  a Rose Tico fig...but will tack it on for a Carbo Mando or some "hot toy."  It bs...they know it and we know it.  It only works if you get someone that's in panic mode.  People that do that are in essence expecting to be paid above and beyond for something NO ONE asked them to do and an artificial demand they helped create by buying up the stock.  I call shenanigans.

The OP is all kinds of things.  And based on his crybaby article  none of them are nice.

JayC is this is your boy...you should talk to him.  He's out of pocket and is gonna keep getting savaged.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2021 at 12:30 PM, kILLMonger said:

See the gas thing has become and extra "pad" for people trying to turn a profit on HTF figs.  No one is going to ask for fuel cost for say  a Rose Tico fig...but will tack it on for a Carbo Mando or some "hot toy."  It bs...they know it and we know it.  It only works if you get someone that's in panic mode.  People that do that are in essence expecting to be paid above and beyond for something NO ONE asked them to do and a artificial demand they helped create by buying up the stock.  I call shenanigans.

The OP is all kinds of things.  And based on his crybaby article  none of them are nice.

JayC is this is your boy...you should talk to him.  He's out of pocket and is gonna keep getting savaged.

 

I agree now that I come to think on it more. Thanks guys. It feels more like a scheme to just put a closet mark-up on it so they can gain more profits while basically guilt-tripping the buyer. A good example would be, say, I think we've all encountered the infamous too good to be true Ebay price...only to discover this usually $50 item listed for $20 has a shipping cost of $50. They think they're slick...but we know. 😄

 

Imagine an uber driver that makes you pay for their gas too...like you made them get the job. Probably not the most apt example as a percentage of the gas probably does go into just the overall price, but I assume you get my gist. Now one could argue that's the tip, but...end of the day, they provide a service that can be a necessity. Toys are not a necessity. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2021 at 3:25 PM, Archangelboy said:

A "journalist" of 20 years should know that the facts and the substance of words and what is said are what matters. In a way you're somewhat making the author's point for him. Right or wrong, could you at least have contributed something productive like giving an actual counter-point or counter-argument instead of just "you're stupid" type comments?

Yep, just proved his point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, slugzilla said:

I don't want to put words into your mouth, so just to clarify, you agree with Chip Carroll?

No. I'm part of a couple toy groups in social media and I joined to see people's collections and to buy and trade. Unfortunately a lot of the members in those groups are bullies for no reason. For example I've seen members showing of a new figure and then someone will reply with a "that toy line sucks" or "you wasted your money" sort of thing. I don't get why people feel the need to respond with negative comments when someone is simply sharing something with the community.

Not into this "cancel culture" but no doubt there are a lot of douchebags that can't see other people happy, so I agree with that there is bullying in toy communities but all that came with social media and hiding behind a phone/computer. 

Personally I don't care what people buy, how they buy it, or what they do with it. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Buy your plastic, enjoy it, share it, and don't be a dick haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's really a beautiful thing how this toy community, full of so many diverse people and opinions, has been able to come together as one in our collective disgust of Chip Carroll and his bizarre ideas...  

It's a wonderful reminder that no matter how many differances we may have, in the end, we're really all on the same team.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 80force said:

No. I'm part of a couple toy groups in social media and I joined to see people's collections and to buy and trade. Unfortunately a lot of the members in those groups are bullies for no reason. For example I've seen members showing of a new figure and then someone will reply with a "that toy line sucks" or "you wasted your money" sort of thing. I don't get why people feel the need to respond with negative comments when someone is simply sharing something with the community.

Not into this "cancel culture" but no doubt there are a lot of douchebags that can't see other people happy, so I agree with that there is bullying in toy communities but all that came with social media and hiding behind a phone/computer. 

Personally I don't care what people buy, how they buy it, or what they do with it. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Buy your plastic, enjoy it, share it, and don't be a dick haha.

No one is being a "douchebag" to Chip.  People are pushing back on his man baby narrative because he was butthurt no on worshipped his awesomeness for cleaning out store and posting pics of his gains.

Chip bought the entire thing on himself.  Because he wanted likes. He wanted people to comment on the slickness of his picture, the lighting, the scenery.  He wanted people to want to be him. He wanted folks to sit around the campfire and listen as he regaled them with how he was just going in to look for Funko Pops, strolled over through the Legos, and turned down the action figure aisle and some Target employee was just opening a box and there they were.  He wanted everyone to feel his excitement as he walked to the check out counter, bought a Dr Pepper and a Twix and was just waiting for the check out person to say he could only get two but he chatted up the lady and she smiled and rang them up.  Wanted ooos and ahs as he walked through the door and no one tackled him as he got into his car and left.

BS. No one was being a dick to him.  He was wrong from jump and he hasn't course corrected.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

No one is being a "douchebag" to Chip.  People are pushing back on his man baby narrative because he was butthurt no on worshipped his awesomeness for cleaning out store and posting pics of his gains.

Chip bought the entire thing on himself.  Because he wanted likes. He wanted people to comment on the slickness of his picture, the lighting, the scenery.  He wanted people to want to be him. He wanted folks to sit around the campfire and listen as he regaled them with how he was just going in to look for Funko Pops, strolled over through the Legos, and turned down the action figure aisle and some Target employee was just opening a box and there they were.  He wanted everyone to feel his excitement as he walked to the check out counter, bought a Dr Pepper and a Twix and was just waiting for the check out person to say he could only get two but he chatted up the lady and she smiled and rang them up.  Wanted ooos and ahs as he walked through the door and no one tackled him as he got into his car and left.

BS. No one was being a dick to him.  He was wrong from jump and he hasn't course corrected.

LOL. Ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kILLMonger said:

BS. No one was being a dick to him.  He was wrong from jump and he hasn't course corrected.

See putting aside the being a "dick" part, the fact that you approach this with the attitude he is wrong and your are right so you are going to correct him, right there is the problem. Sure you don't have to agree with him. It's even possible to state your points of why YOU might not agree with him in a respectful way expressing it as your views, not everyone's views. You don't speak for everyone just as I don't. And just because you think your right doesn't actually necessarily mean your right .  Again I think Chip's article goes beyond just this one topic. Its more how people see something, then make assumptions and then attack with this idea they are right and everyone has to agree with them or they are wrong. Unfortunately this an all to common a thing on the Internet these days which goes well beyond toy collecting.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, JayC said:

See putting aside the being a "dick" part, the fact that you approach this with the attitude he is wrong and your are right so you are going to correct him, right there is the problem. Sure you don't have to agree with him. It's even possible to state your points of why YOU might not agree with him in a respectful way expressing it as your views, not everyone's views. You don't speak for everyone just as I don't. And just because you think your right doesn't actually necessarily mean your right .  Again I think Chip's article goes beyond just this one topic. Its more how people see something, then make assumptions and then attack with this idea they are right and everyone has to agree with them or they are wrong. Unfortunately this an all to common a thing on the Internet these days which goes well beyond toy collecting.

 

Bruh you chided me earlier on this for not coming with reasons.  

I told you I could.  I just did (actually they've been in spurts). And now you aren't happy with it because of what I said.

It has nothing to do with me being right and him being wrong.  What he did wasn't COOL.  Period.

And I possess the acumen, vocabulary, and mental facilities to say it however I wish.

Chip wrote this article from a hurt locker his douchey behavior placed him in.  I'm not the only one saying it.  Aside for pretty much you...everyone here is in agreement on that point.  I don't have to sway anyone.  We are all standing pretty much in solidarity on this (except you).

If the intention was to have a lab experiment on the vitriol of the internet...well that should of been presented up front.  Right it reads as your friend is sad he didn't get likes on his haul. And so he pulled in a crappy phrase he doesn't even know the meaning of and used it as a blanket.  No one cancel cultured him.  He's still got a job.  He still has like 11 more figs than he needs.

People just called bs on him and told him to sit the hell down because he can't be on the mic.  Ironically he hasn't shown up here to defend himself.

I bet if we were fawning over him he'd be here.  I bet if we took his side he'd be real active. He just wanted to whine. You let him.  We broke the violin. We took the cheese and said "not today."  All. Of. Us.  Except you.  His friend (hope he slid you one of those figs for your trouble).  It's that simple. And no one has to be nice about it.

He might very well be a nice person in every other facet of his life.  But he's a $#!tty hoarder of a toy collector and kicked a murder hornet nest buy snatching up 13 HTF figs and tossing it up online for likes.  And to add further insult, he gets shocked when no one likes his haul, and writes a circle jerk article about being a "cancel culture" victim. 

He's not gonna win fans with that hot garbage.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well end of the day, I can't speak for anyone else...but for me what made this article utterly insufferable was the boisterous claim that this constitutes as Cancel Culture. I'd say that's a gross exaggeration but it's really not. It's actually a fundamental misunderstanding of what that term means in the first place. This was seemingly done as an attempted sympathy ploy. Attention! You can't "cancel" a collector from hording...but with hording comes inevitable controversy. For one so "educated," he ought to know that. Does he insult someone's mother and wonder why he was punched? It's simply causality, cause and effect. I'd classify this, if anything at all, to be "consequence culture." The whole article comes off with an air of egotistical smugness. Does he think he's important enough for the "mobs" to want him fired in the first place? Does he think he's integral to the foundations of the community, untouchable, famous? You can't get someone fired from a hobby. There is nothing that can be cancelled except his "popularity," so to speak. Does he consider someone getting banned for being an intolerable douche to be "cancel culture," because if so that's comical. His presumed social status, one he seems to arrogantly believe has some air of reverence and significance in the toys community, is a conceited delusion. He has no more significance than anyone else. The very fact that TNI would even indulge him in this and publish this is outright bizarre. Can you imagine if Pixel Dan or Toy Galaxy said the things he's saying? The implications of self-entitled import. The sheer playground level of juvenile "I'm better than you, I have more toys than you, look at me" clout is cringe-level absurdity. That is clearly on display because he felt this need to write a FREAKING article about it. His ego was wounded and now he wants to boohoo and gain some level of condolences when it's completely unwarranted. The not so thought out wording in the article sends a clear cut message: Status is all he seems to care about. Well...that and excessive amounts of selfish and gluttonous toys bragging. Look at me. Pity me. I'm a victim of cyber bullying. Now can you like, share, and subscribe? Hah! Well...perhaps don't be a self-centered and gloating jackass and people will treat you with respect. I gave plenty of examples to what would constitute as cancel culture framed through the topic of toys. Don't say I contributed nothing of substance here. Hell...give ME a writing job over this squirming hack! I listed ideas for what would make an interesting and thoughtful article on the subject of cancel culture. Someone getting internet flamed for hording and boasting is not it...the only consequence you get is being disliked. But alas, seems the shallowness of HS level popularity is all this dude deems of value. He fashions himself the Quarterback Prom King when in reality he's just another schmuck. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, MysterioMaximus84 said:

Well end of the day, I can't speak for anyone else...but for me what made this article utterly insufferable is making a boisterous claim that this constitutes as Cancel Culture. I'd say that's a gross exaggeration, but it's not. It's actually a fundamental misunderstanding of what that term means and was seemingly done for an attempted sympathy ploy. Attention! You can't "cancel" a collector from hording...but with hording comes inevitable controversy. For one so "educated," he ought to know that. Does he insult someone's mother and wonder why he was punched? It's simply causality, cause and effect. I'd classify this, if anything at all, to be "consequence culture." The whole article comes off with an air of egotistical smugness, does he think he's important enough for the "mobs" to want him fired in the first place? Does he think he's integral to the foundations of the community, untouchable, famous? You can't get someone fired from something that's not a job. There is nothing that can be cancelled except his "popularity," so to speak. His presumed social status, one he seems to arrogantly believe has some air of reverence and significance in the toys community, is a conceited delusion. He has no more significance than anyone else. Can you imagine if Pixel Dan or Toy Galaxy said the things he's saying? The implications of self-entitled import. That is clearly on display because he felt this need to write a FREAKING article about it. His ego was wounded and now he wants to boohoo and gain some level of condolences when it's completely unwarranted. The not so thought out wording in the article sends a clear cut message: Status is all he seems to care about. Well...that and excessive amounts of selfish and gluttonous toys bragging. Look at me. Pity me. I'm a victim of cyber bullying. Now can you like, share, and subscribe? Hah! Well...perhaps don't be a self-centered and gloating jackass and people will treat you with respect. I gave plenty of examples to what would constitute as cancel culture framed through the topic of toys. Don't say I contributed nothing of substance here. I listed ideas for what would make an interesting and thoughtful article on that subject of cancel culture. Someone getting internet flamed for hording and boasting is not it...the only consequence you get is being unpopular. But alas, seems the shallowness of HS level popularity is all this dude deems of value.

I would agree that the use of the term cancel culture is a bit of a stretch but thats really not what the crux of his article is about, at least thats not what I came away from reading it.

LOL for one so educated? You get that bio part is a joke right?

What is hoarding mean? You get that when Hasbro makes a figure like a Cobra Viper, they do it with the intention of people buying many of them. Look at the Marvel Legends Hand Ninja, they literately want you to buy a ton of those figures not only to army build but so you can make your Stilt-Man BAF really really tall. The only reason anyone should really get mad for buying multiples is if their intent was to resell it at a profit. I can't speak for every person who buys multiples, but what I know of Chip thats not what he's doing, and yet your equating things to being something that would cause to be punched in the face.

This has absolutely nothing to do about being famous, not that anyone collecting action figures is really famous. Not me, not Pixel Dan not Toy Galaxy. The point Chip I think was trying to make was pointing out when people attack you on a Facebook page groups, not just him but anyone for posting say an image of a bunch of figures they bought, and they do that because they've made an assumption about the person's intent.

Now again without context I would agree that if you post a pic like the one he used, you probably should expect some negative comments, and then generally what happens is others jump in and defend which in turn causes arguments and fights to break out.

As for everything else you seem to be reading an awful lot into it but thats your right. But I think your missing the most basic point he was making.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, JayC said:

I would agree that the use of the term cancel culture is a bit of a stretch but thats really not what the crux of his article is about, at least thats not what I came away from reading it.

LOL for one so educated? You get that bio part is a joke right?

What is hoarding mean? You get that when Hasbro makes a figure like a Cobra Viper, they do it with the intention of people buying many of them. Look at the Marvel Legends Hand Ninja, they literately want you to buy a ton of those figures not only to army build but so you can make your Stilt-Man BAF really really tall. The only reason anyone should really get mad for buying multiples is if their intent was to resell it at a profit. I can't speak for every person who buys multiples, but what I know of Chip thats not what he's doing, and yet your equating things to being something that would cause to be punched in the face.

This has absolutely nothing to do about being famous, not that anyone collecting action figures is really famous. Not me, not Pixel Dan not Toy Galaxy. The point Chip I think was trying to make was pointing out when people attack you on a Facebook page groups, not just him but anyone for posting say an image of a bunch of figures they bought, and they do that because they've made an assumption about the person's intent.

Now again without context I would agree that if you post a pic like the one he used, you probably should expect some negative comments, and then generally what happens is others jump in and defend which in turn causes arguments and fights to break out.

As for everything else you seem to be reading an awful lot into it but thats your right. But I think your missing the most basic point he was making.

 

Thank you for conceding to some of my points and I'll concede to some of yours as well. Sorry about the educated comment, I didn't realize the bio was satire. I knew it was tongue-in-cheek of course, but I took it at face value. That's my bad. End of the day, I'm not saying the dude is a villain. I'm not saying he did something utterly unforgivable or some drastic offense. All I'm saying is...it comes off (to me) so self-pitying and insufferably arrogant that it's downright cringeworthy. Then to equate it to cancel culture, a term that in no way applies to his situation, isn't going to really do wonders for his public reception. I said before and I'll say again, I don't think anyone has an issue with Army Building per se. I believe the negative response wasn't toward the act of purchasing multiple troop builder figures, at least not for me. It's due to HOW this and the original post were executed. There's an etiquette that wasn't there. There was an air of "Look at me!" bragging. It came off less sharing a hobby and more show-off boasting...and I believe this article, due to the content of the words, proves that. The intent doesn't come off as sharing something fun. It comes off as a clout attempt to get praise. People, simply put, don't respond well to that. That is what people took issue with IMO and this article just made it so much worse. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. He faces negativity response not for the inherent action of purchasing an amount of rare figures, at least not from most IMO, but rather in how he behaved in doing so. Again, there's an etiquette to it all that was lacking. And take it from me, I'm not even a Joe collector so no one can accuse me for having really just an ulterior jealousy over his figure score. I have no investment in this as far as the actual toys go, I weighed in because of the sheer audacity and pure egotistical clout of the content in the article. I don't have interest in Joes at all, but I sure can recognize an ego when I see it. And no one likes a cocky jackass.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

Ok JayC what's the point?  What did a entire article say that we missed?

I just told you what I got out of it. Did you not read what I said, or are you just getting mad because I wont agree with you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JayC said:

I just told you what I got out of it. Did you not read what I said, or are you just getting mad because I wont agree with you?

Whatever dude...we've gone 4 pages now with you coming in from time to time trying to play wise sage and muse we missed the point. As has been said...you got your position.  Other people have theirs.  I have mine.  And it's all good.  As far as I'm concerned folks are where they are at on this.

I just hope he waived the finders/gas fees for you. 

He's still a hack who got what he deserved.

Hopefully he'll do better next time.

That's that.  I mean I can write an article about how I expected JayC to give me starbursts for my posts and it hurt my soul he didn't so I'm the victim of "cancel culture" because he's being mean....but I'm sure no one wants to read that lol.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, MysterioMaximus84 said:

Thank you for conceding to some of my points and I'll concede to some of yours as well.

Thanks. and again I am not telling you that you should agree with what he said. I dont agree with all of his points either. Im trying to have a discussion on what main points I see he was trying to make and pointing out where we disagree why I personally don't see it the same way as say you, which is the kind of discussions boards like this should be for. If someone is honestly getting mad however over these discussions  (not saying you, just anyone in general) then I would say they should step away from the keyboard for a bit, and granted its not always easy to tell ones intent from a written post, but agree or disagree there is no reason why discussions like this can't take place without people getting angry or being disrespect to one another.

When you get a large group of people together I almost guarantee you they are not all going to agree, or see things the same way. I can't tell you 100% what Chip hoped to accomplish by writing this, though I am pretty sure he knew some people wouldnt like it.  For me however I just think it would be nice if we could all learn to talk to one another whether is action figures or anything else without getting mad at one another and disrespecting one another, even if we all don't agree or see things the same way. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well end of the day, the whole thing erupted for a simple reason: zero accountability. The article is an attack on what he perceives as his attackers, that in and of itself is juvenile. The article boils down to basically an insult to half the community. Turning it into an article on the front page then portrays a level of self-important ego. It's blame shifting and using Cancel Culture as a motional defense when it in no way applies to the situation. Cancel Culture was likely utilized here simply because it's just currently topical; Gina Carano for example. Instead of just confessing he made a post in relative poor taste simply for attention and bragging rights to get praise...he points the finger and accuses anyone who didn't grant that praise (that he seems to feel he rightfully deserves) of being a bully. And now, through that comparison to Cancel Culture, frames himself as someone to be consoled for his apparent "victimization." But again, no one can fire someone from a hobby. The whole thing is just very high and mighty, it's this awkwardly stubborn attempt to say he's right and we're wrong. I deserve an apology...well, does he? Now he faces the consequences of his actions, one of which is simply for just not nutting up, which are no more egregious than basically just, "Hey, you're kind of a jerk!" That's it! Get over yourself! He's milking it to pathetic proportions. He quite literally can't be cancelled. I mean...give me a break. Insulting people is not exactly a genius way to win people over. 

 

Now again, I'm not denying that bullying exist in the toy community. Of course it does, the difference is...I hesitate to call this bullying. I call this consequence. Bullying only applies to the innocent. Now I'm not saying he did anything that egregious either, it's not some grievous offense, but I am saying that to not expect a level of negativity toward his posts is just willful ignorance. And to thus call it bullying is just dodging that accountability for his own actions and words. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he really bought 13 of the same figures, figure that whole group he's part of is looking and barely managing to find one, he shouldn't be surprised there was negative reaction and assumption of scalping. There's nothing wrong with buying 13 of the same figure be it for army building or not, it's his money after all, his desire and want, he's not obligated to leave some for others, but when you are sharing this fact  in community of collectors you should also understand their point of view, mainly emotions and frustration of people who are driving around and have no luck even seeing one sample of that figure and then boom they see you having bought all 13 of them, he has all the right to buy and share this but people also have right to share their own views. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, JayC said:

I just told you what I got out of it. Did you not read what I said, or are you just getting mad because I wont agree with you?

 

 

28 minutes ago, JayC said:

Thanks. and again I am not telling you that you should agree with what he said. I dont agree with all of his points either. Im trying to have a discussion on what main points I see he was trying to make and pointing out where we disagree why I personally don't see it the same way as say you, which is the kind of discussions boards like this should be for. If someone is honestly getting mad however over these discussions  (not saying you, just anyone in general) then I would say they should step away from the keyboard for a bit, and granted its not always easy to tell ones intent from a written post, but agree or disagree there is no reason why discussions like this can't take place without people getting angry or being disrespect to one another.

When you get a large group of people together I almost guarantee you they are not all going to agree, or see things the same way. I can't tell you 100% what Chip hoped to accomplish by writing this, though I am pretty sure he knew some people wouldnt like it.  For me however I just think it would be nice if we could all learn to talk to one another whether is action figures or anything else without getting mad at one another and disrespecting one another, even if we all don't agree or see things the same way. 

 

I believe he wants you to elaborate on the point. I would hazard a guess that some feel you have a more bias opinion on this piece than others, with him being a friend and one that helps you get stuff for you. I havent seen anyone post your point of view on the matter aside from you. So it comes off as defensive on the matter than really having a discussion on the overall topic. With how just about everyone thats responded to this article has received it and responded, Id say the general consensus is that its not well thought out and comes off gloating and playing victim instead of elaborating on the potential issues that the article wants or what you want it to convey. Many are passionate about their hobbies and scalping is taboo in the collecting community. Even if he wasnt, its how the post is perceived and was not thought out well enough. It was very tone deaf in its execution. The 99% negative response in this thread should indicate as such. I would also not believe anyone is angry or mad. I would surmise that those passionate people are upset that this is a front page piece trying to depict a topic of discussion when its just a glorified puff piece crying victim. If anything everyone has been on the same page and is in agreement over it all. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE