Kalinda Vazquez To Write 'Original Star Trek' Movie For Paramount Pictures

Outsiders

Deadline is reporting that Kalinda Vazquez will write a original Star Trek movie for Paramount Pictures with JJ Abrams' Bad Robot producing.

Vazquez was a co-executive producer on Fear the Walking Dead, has written for Star Trek: Discovery, and has teamed with Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin on an HBO series adaptation of the Roger Zelazny sci-fi novel Roadmarks. Vazquez's credits include Marvel’s Runaways, Once Upon a Time, Nikita, Human Target and Prison Break, and she recently adapted Barrier, based on a Brian K. Vaughan graphic novel, for Legendary Television.

Vazquez received her name after a character from the second-season episode “By Any Other Name.” In the 1968 episode, the character’s name was Kelinda.

Kalinda_Vazquez.jpg

1 hour ago, ext1jvs said:

I'm speechless on this one, Fear the walking dead is pretty bad and star trek discovery is unwatchable. Thoughts?

Never watched fear the walking dead, Discovery has slowly improved (not great but gotten better). Dont know enough on this to really have an informed opinion. See if anything actually materializes. Wasnt the last time it Quentin Tarantino writing a ST movie. Glad that never saw the light of day.

Dr. Lava, I'm able to watch it with no problem its just the show doesn't catch my attention at all. On a side note I've seen every StarTrek show, Discovery is a lack luster show with alot of bells and whistles.

Jay- I love the walking dead, I tried watching fear the walking dead when it originally aired but could only get to the end of season 2. It was BAD! With all the internet chatter saying the show picked up and now "FIRE", I decided to give it another shot. Season 4 took the show in a new direction however was still bad. I just finished season 5 and don't care to continue watching this show at all, my wife and I could care less what happens! On a 1 to 10 scale season 1-3 gets a .5 (I'm being generous) and season 4-5 gets a 2.

I hope this new direction for StarTrek works out, I would love to see a successful StarTrek series once again.

Uhg... Kalinda Vazque is not my favorite writer. Anytime personal politics overtakes a story I zone out. Hopefully her script will be heavily rewritten by actual Trek fans with some experience under their belts.

On 3/7/2021 at 5:28 PM, stevem said:

Uhg... Kalinda Vazque is not my favorite writer. Anytime personal politics overtakes a story I zone out. Hopefully her script will be heavily rewritten by actual Trek fans with some experience under their belts.

Don't count on it. This is just another Star Wars nosedive in the making. RIP Star Trek. We'll always have the Wrath of Khan.

• Haha 1