Hasbro Teasing The Real Ghostbusters Figures?!?

JayC

When it comes to Ghostbusters action figures, one of the most requested lines you often hear from fans is updated versions of the figures based on the classic The Real Ghostbusters animated series.

Today Hasbro posted on social media this image asking

"What classic Kenner Ghostbusters toys would you like us to bring back to life next?"

Kenner made the original figures based on The Real Ghostbusters back in the day. Hasbro released a wave of  Retro figures based on those original Kenner figures that were released as Walmart exclusives last year.

It's not clear if Hasbro is teasing more  Retro figures or perhaps will do 6" versions for their Plasma line. Hell we don't even know if Hasbro is actually teasing something specific here or just looking for social media attention.

Since the new Ghostbusters Afterlife movie release has been delayed due to COVID, Hasbro hasn't seemingly done much with the Ghostbusters license since they took it over from Mattel last year. We've gotten the one wave of 6" Plasma figures based on the original movie which have seemingly sat on shelves. We got the one wave of Reto figures as well as a role-play NERF item, and a Afterlife version of the Ecto-1 released under the Plasma banner, but not made for 6" figures or any figures that have currently been released. That item as well hasn't seemingly moved to well at Target stores.Hasbro-Real-Ghostbusters.thumb.jpg.25b5c46b01e9ed5626737a157532df34.jpg

• Thanks 1

I always thought and hoped that the 2nd wave of Plasma figures would be 6'' new versions of the classic Cartoon figures, I would buy those!, I was hoping for a Stay Puff BAF. Even if they don't release these soon, eventually if they keep the Plasma line going they need to get on making new highly articulated versions of the old figures, it's a must.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, mako said:

I'm still hoping somebody finds a way to do figures based on the OTHER Ghost Busters cartoon. I never even watched it during its enitial run, but kind of fell in love with it on video.

Seems like something that would be right up Super 7's alley.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

I'm still hoping somebody finds a way to do figures based on the OTHER Ghost Busters cartoon. I never even watched it during its enitial run, but kind of fell in love with it on video.

You know what it would be cool to see Filmations Ghostbusters figures, and like Satam said..I'd say Super7 would likely be those guys, I think it would be awesome to see a Tracy with a cute Belfry pack in, I'd also totally buy a Diabalous and Mysteria.

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I always thought and hoped that the 2nd wave of Plasma figures would be 6'' new versions of the classic Cartoon figures, I would buy those!, I was hoping for a Stay Puff BAF. Even if they don't release these soon, eventually if they keep the Plasma line going they need to get on making new highly articulated versions of the old figures, it's a must.

Me too! I bought the Diamond select release but would prefer the 6" scale.

IF these do come about, I hope the Has' gets it together better than the Plasma series. The Plasmas looked great, but they were out of scale even with themselves. I mean Dana towering over Ray? I can overlook quite a bit, but the company has to at least TRY to meet me half way.

Would love to see some classic villains from the 80s show in 6" form.  Some that could be ace include Sandman, Ghash, Sam Hain, Boogey Man, Trolls, Rosebud ghost so many others too.

Other than that perhaps updated Terror Trash, Mail Fraud, Air Sickness would be options.

The other day we told you how it seemed like Hasbro was teasing new products for their Ghostbusters line, specifical for The Real Ghostbusters. Well it turns out they were. Shown below is a look at Hasbro's new Ghostbusters Kenner Classics Ecto-1 vehicle which will cost $50.

Based on the spectre-hunting vehicle from the animated series, the car's tailgate opens, there's a swivel blaster seat on the roof, and a ghost claw, so you can bust those pesky ghosts--which I heard makes you feel good. Of course, it also comes with a little ghost figure to bust.

They are also doing figures of Bug-Eye, a ghost whose giant eye pops out, and Fearsome Flush the toilet monster. These will be out in April and cost $15 each.

Off of these items are being sold as Walmart exclusives and will be available for pre-order on March 15, around 1pm ET.

Ghostbusters-01.jpg

Ghostbusters-02.jpg

Ghostbusters-03.jpg

Ghostbusters-04.jpg

Ghostbusters-05.jpg

Ghostbusters-06.jpg

Oh man my favorite thing was that Toilet as a kid, I loved it until it broke, my brother thought that all toilets could turn into those, so he was scared he'd get attacked, so he tried never to go in the bathroom (now that's another story), ah those were the days.

I never saw a single one of these vintage style GB figures in stores so I don't think I'll see them now, oh well. I'd buy that toilet.

6 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Here comes Walmart to make buying a toy a whole nuisance again.

Here, the only ones that appeared in stores were the four Ghostbusters, only in some stores, no trace of Slimmer or the Stay Puff Man. I don't want to imagine the martyrdom that will be to get the Ecto-1, looks like it's really going to be a very sought-after item.

There's about 50 Slimers and Stay Puft in Walmarts around here right now, as well as all of the Ghostbusters and some of the other items they've put out. They've been warming pegs for months here, but they recently refilled everything on top of a new Plasma series Ecto-1. I don't foresee that line continuing given the poor sales of wave 1. I don't think it would have mattered if the movie had come out, either. Kids don't care about GB, and anyone that was going to buy these would have already bought them whether there's a movie or not.

On 3/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, mako said:

Filmation Ghostbusters... I want a Tracy figure...🐒😀✌️

GHOSTBUSTERS KENNER CLASSICS ECTO-1
(Ages 4 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/ Available: April 2021)
It’s a (proton) blast from the past with the GHOSTBUSTERS Kenner Classics Ecto-1 from Hasbro! Inspired by The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, with design and deco influenced by the toys from the 80s, the Kenner Classics Ecto-1 toy features moving wheels, an opening tailgate, a roof-mounted swivel blaster seat, and a deployable ghost claw so kids can imagine bustin’ and capturing ghosts with the included ghost figure.

The Kenner Classics Ecto-1 is perfect for those wanting to relive the glory days of Saturday morning cartoons and ghostly green juice boxes or those who want to introduce a new generation of fans to the Ghostbusters. Available exclusively at Walmart.

GHOSTBUSTERS KENNER CLASSICS THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS GHOSTS - Still not listed. Will update when it goes up.
(Ages 4 and Up / Approx.

Retail Price: $14.99/ Available: April 2021)
It’s a (proton) blast from the past with The Real Ghostbusters ghosts from Hasbro’s GHOSTBUSTERS Kenner Classics line! Inspired by The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, the packaging features design and deco influenced by the toys from the 80s. Kids can imagine eerie encounters with The Real Ghostbusters ghosts toys as it showcases fun action features, including cyclops eye-popping action from Bug-Eye and rolling action to reveal a fearsome ghost inside from Fearsome Flush.

The Real Ghostbusters Bug-Eye and Fearsome Flush toys from Hasbro’s GHOSTBUSTERS Kenner Classics line are perfect for those wanting to relive the glory days of Saturday morning cartoons and ghostly green juice boxes or those who want to introduce a new generation of fans to the Ghostbusters. Available exclusively at Walmart.
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
siusunsinshang has gotten his hands on Hasbro's Ghostbusters Kenner Classics The Real Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Retro Vehicle which here in the US is being sold as a Walmart exclusive.

The Kenner Classics Ecto-1 toy features moving wheels, an opening tailgate, a roof-mounted swivel blaster seat, and a deployable ghost claw so kids can imagine bustin’ and capturing ghosts with the included ghost figure.

siusunsinshang has made a video showing the vehicle off.

Here in the US the vehicle is listed with an August 3 release date.

Ecto-0.jpg

Ecto-1.jpg

Ecto-2.jpg

Ecto-3.jpg

Ecto-4.jpg

Ecto-5.jpg

Ecto-6.jpg

Ecto-7.jpg

Ecto-8.jpg

Ecto-9.jpg

Ecto-10.jpg

Ecto-11.jpg