Black Lightning - 4.05 'The Book Of Ruin: Chapter One' Preview Images, Synopsis & Promo

Outsiders

Gambi (James Remar) supports Black Lightning (Cress Williams) as he departs on a special mission. Meanwhile, Grace (Chantal Thuy) tries to persuade Anissa (Nafessa Williams) to let her guard down.

China Anne McClain, Christine Adams, Marvin Jones III and Jordan Calloway also star.

The episode was written by Adam Giaudrone and directed by Bille Woodruff (#405).

Original Airdate: 3/8/2021

BLK405a_0089r.jpg

BLK405a_0159r.jpg

BLK405a_0166r.jpg

BLK405a_0243r.jpg

BLK405a_0295r.jpg

BLK405a_0358r.jpg

BLK405a_0387r.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Putting so much emphasis and screentime  on Black Lightning's daughters instead of the man himself so early in the series, diluted and basically killed it. At least the first two seasons should have been all BL.

Now in the final season the actress playing Lightning is quitting the show and recast, which makes no sense. To make way for her exit, Lightning absorbs too much energy in the ionosphere and explodes. But her particles are somehow collected and re-constituted via a Hadron collider type piece of equipment courtesy of the Flash. Sadly, there's no Black Lightning/Flash team up for the fans...not even a cameo. CW feels its better to drone on about soap opera romances and the like. 

Far more sensible to just kill her off, but no, they bring in another actress who bears zero resemblance to China McClain...they explain this away by "DNA re-sequencing" or some such nonsense, that makes her much taller, and styles her hair into dreadlocks to boot.

Because of course when your body is disassembled and brought back together again, your hair gets a perm, or frosting tips, or a bob, or dreadlocks. 

Dont get me wrong, I've enjoyed the Pierce girls but just prefer if they had their arc in later seasons. Sorry we really didnt get to see more of the series' star.

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Putting so much emphasis and screentime  on Black Lightning's daughters instead of the man himself so early in the series, diluted and basically killed it. At least the first two seasons should have been all BL.

Now in the final season the actress playing Lightning is quitting the show and recast, which makes no sense. To make way for her exit, Lightning absorbs too much energy in the ionosphere and explodes. But her particles are somehow collected and re-constituted via a Hadron collider type piece of equipment courtesy of the Flash. Sadly, there's no Black Lightning/Flash team up for the fans...not even a cameo. CW feels its better to drone on about soap opera romances and the like. 

Far more sensible to just kill her off, but no, they bring in another actress who bears zero resemblance to China McClain...they explain this away by "DNA re-sequencing" or some such nonsense, that makes her much taller, and styles her hair into dreadlocks to boot.

Because of course when your body is disassembled and brought back together again, your hair gets a perm, or frosting tips, or a bob, or dreadlocks. 

Dont get me wrong, I've enjoyed the Pierce girls but just prefer if they had their arc in later seasons. Sorry we really didnt get to see more of the series' star.

Why are people quitting DC? I enjoyed this show somehow. DC, or whoever is responsible in casting, is also in the process of  recasting Batwoman just when I'm starting to appreciate Ryan Wilder (who is a replacement for the first season's BW) and her storyline. The series is only at its second season but there'll be 3 different actors who would have donned the Batwoman cape and cowl. And yes!!! The 3rd Batwoman, I read, will still keep the persona of the first BW (Kate Kane) who happened to have been terribly injured and facially mutilated that she had to undergo surgery... Tada! It's then justified that this third actress "takes back" her Batwoman mantle. Don't get me started with the lackluster of DC for years then they gave Snyder a break, hence, we saw #SnyderCut, now fans are rallying behind it for continuity, yet there seems to be opposition to #restorethesnydercut. Just when you're getting the chance at that "A" game, DC/WB, why so much drama? Marvel stumbled and fall but now they're doing well cause they listened to the fans.