NECA 7" Defenders of the Earth Series 1 Figures Available For Pre-Order At BBTS

JayC

The first wave of NECA's Defenders of the Earth 7" figures are now available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. This wave includes Ming the Merciless, Flash Gordon and The Phantom. The figures will start shipping this month.

Each figure includes the following:
-Ming the Merciless figure
Sword
Staff
Blaster
2 Blaster effects

-Flash Gordon figure
Sword
Blaster
2 Blaster effects

-The Phantom figure

Extra hand
Zuffy
Blaster
2 Blaster effects
Ring effect

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-01.jpg

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-02.jpg

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-03.jpg

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-04.jpg

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-05.jpg

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-06.jpg

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-07.jpg

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-08.jpg

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-09.jpg

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-10.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silverback77346 said:

These look good, but I will be waiting for reviews as far as quality and articulation. Already some buzz about that. And who the heck is Zuffy?

You never watched the cartoon?

27 minutes ago, silverback77346 said:

Didn't even know there was a cartoon. I will Google it.

You can watch it for free on Tubi...😀✌️

Here is a short video I uploaded on youtube about some characters.

• Like 1

It seems these figures are nightmare of QC, like worse than usual, wtf? I never understood how come Neca has such trouble with plastic? They are all made in china, All Hasbro and Mattel figures seem to be pretty good, but Neca is not even improving but regressing in this sense, I wonder what is the main issue.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2021 at 12:42 AM, SpiderS said:

I wonder what is the main issue.

If it's a plastic issue, then it probably means they're using that cheap, clear plastic garbage for their pegs. The stuff is super-brittle and EXTREMELY prone to breakage under very little stress. DCC used the same stuff in their early DC Icons figures, and DST used it in their Buffy TVS Deluxe figures. Ditto with most of Funco's Legacy stuff.

That's more or less why I stopped collecting most of those lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ultimately decided to skip this line entirely, the QC issues on this line is bad from the paint chipping in the painted joints, I mean why not use the same color plastic instead of paint the joints!?, to the cheap plastic used makes this line a hard pass despite the great sculpted details and nice overall look. 

Neca needs to finally address this issue with their poor quality control.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/4/2021 at 7:50 AM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Man, this is good news, but I've been seeing reports and social media posts about how fragile the joints are, in my experience this is very a common issue to me when it comes to Neca, so I would need to see some reviews before making any decision, I really like them but Neca has left me with a bitter taste before.

This feedback from a review regarding the joints of these new NECA figures and the well-known issue with NECA's paint--that they had a tendency to chip off easily-- are the ones holding me back from grabbing any NECA products. Too bad some characters they release in action figure forms are from the franchises I really like. So hope #NECA change this trend so I get buying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1