NECA Teases An American Werewolf in London Figures

JayC

NECA has released this teaser image for what appears to be the Werewolf from the 1981 John Landis's directed An American Werewolf in London movie. No word yet on how deep they plan to go with this line and whether they will give us any human characters or just stick with the monster.

American-Warewold-In-London.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/27/2021 at 4:26 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

spacer.png

I have wanted This to be a thing since forever.

Right? The timeline of 7" figures for this movie has been frustrating to say the least
Sota Toys - 2005 Nightmare demon RELEASED
Sota Toys - 2007 Kessler wolf and mauled Jack shown then CANCELLED
PCS - 2016 David, Jack, and Wolf shown then CANCELLED
NECA - 2021 Kessler wolf (and others) COMING SOON 😮😯😲

15 hours ago, Satam said:

Right? The timeline of 7" figures for this movie has been frustrating to say the least

Yeah it boggles my mind that such an Iconic classic horror film like this, just hasn't had the merch that it should, with such amazing images to work with how have we not had more figures. I am very happy we finally have some more.

Neca is killing it with their upcoming horror lines right now.  The Universal stuff looks great. This werewolf looks amazing and I've waited a long time for a figure from AWIL to come along. My big want is the Hammer line Neca will be doing.  A Chris Lee Dracula and Cushing Frankenstein or Van Helsing is a long awaited wish for me. Throw in a Curse of Werewolf figure too? Oh my!

NECA keeps hitting it out of the park. They give us  their licensed figures we never thought we needed. Now, I hope Randy is listening to our comments about how brittle NECA's plastic has been currently (broken Flash Gordon toe peg, anyone) and matching joint color especially with the hands and feet. 

1 hour ago, tudortiger2000 said:

Now, I hope Randy is listening to our comments about how brittle NECA's plastic has been currently...

This has been a recurring issue going back at least as far as God of War II Kratos and the first Predator 2 Elder. Randy's not listening.

6 hours ago, Satam said:

This has been a recurring issue going back at least as far as God of War II Kratos and the first Predator 2 Elder. Randy's not listening.

I gotta agree. It's been a problem as long as I remember and its not like they don't know. I don't see it changing.

• 3 weeks later...
NECA late last night released images for the next figure or figures in their recently announced American Werewolf In London line. Previously they showed off the figure they are doing based on the Kessler Wolf. Now they have released images for 7" Nazi half-human/half-werewolf creatures . These guys appeared during a nightmare sequence in the movie.

Since NECA didn't provide any details on these with the images it is not clear how these will be released. Will it be a four pack, 2-pack or a single figure with multiple heads and weapons that you would buy 4 of??? Based on past offerings NECA has done, the 2-pack option seems most likely, but we will have to wait and see when and how these will be released.

Kessler-Wolf-Action-Figure-01.jpg

Kessler-Wolf-Action-Figure-02.jpg

Kessler-Wolf-Action-Figure-03.jpg

Kessler-Wolf-Action-Figure-04.jpg

UPDATE: NECA has confirmed this will be a single release with 4 heads and loads of accessories the cost will be $30. So if you want all four soldier you will need to buy the figure 4 times.

American werewolf OK Neca y'all really going in pockets this year Neca not playing whats next ? I'm all for it

These would definitely make for some fun army builders. Its been since its release that I saw the film so alot of it is hazy and barely recall these guys at all but they look amazing. 

On 3/1/2021 at 2:04 AM, Satam said:

I thought the Sota figs actually came out. It wasnt a line I wanted but loved sotas street fighter stuff and some of their stuff intrigued me outside of that line. The cthulhu and werewolf stuff in particular. Crazy that that stuff never came out. I didnt know PCS did it too, they were what SOTA became after sota dissolved, so its interesting they went for a second run to not do it again.