NECA Shows Off New Images For Defenders of the Earth Lothar Figure

JayC

NECA today shared new images for their upcoming 7" Defenders of the Earth Lothar figure which we originally saw back during the 2019 Toy Fair. With the images they also said that Mandrake the Magician and Lothar are still coming along with other classic takes on these iconic characters.

Currently the first wave of these figures which includes Flash Gordon, Ming the Merciless and The Phantom are hitting Walmart stores, and will see a wider release at other retailers in the next month or so. NECA has yet to announce any release dates for Lothar and Mandrake.

Defenders-Of-The-Earth-Lothar.jpg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

Depending on how it scales with Marvel Legends this might be a good base for a Luke Cage.

Just reviewd Ming. They are about the same height as McFarlane DC figures (I used Nightwing to compare) 

That is to say,if you want Luke Cage to be big and imposing over other Legends it would work beautifully 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

Depending on how it scales with Marvel Legends this might be a good base for a Luke Cage.

Someone finally did a comparison in a Flash Gordon review on YouTube. The bad news is, these ARE in the 7" scale. The good news is, it's the lower end of the 7" scale, not near as bad as Neca's Movie Monster figures or most of McFarlane's stuff. Think the last days of Mattel's DC Multiverse. They're close. They don't REALLY fit, but depending on how bad you want it, they're close enough that you can fudge them in.

Important Note: Ming is noticeably taller than the other DOE figures.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mako said:

Someone finally did a comparison in a Flash Gordon review on YouTube. The bad news is, these ARE in the 7" scale. The good news is, it's the lower end of the 7" scale, not near as bad as Neca's Movie Monster figures or most of McFarlane's stuff. Think the last days of Mattel's DC Multiverse. They're close. They don't REALLY fit, but depending on how bad you want it, they're close enough that you can fudge them in.

Important Note: Ming is noticeably taller than the other DOE figures.

That's somewhat unfortunate, when it comes to Marvel Legends I can be a bit of a scale Nazi so this probably won't do. I'm still getting Phantom because I really liked this show as a kid and Phantom was my favorite. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

That's somewhat unfortunate, when it comes to Marvel Legends I can be a bit of a scale Nazi so this probably won't do. I'm still getting Phantom because I really liked this show as a kid and Phantom was my favorite. 

Same here on all points. I'll at least get Phantom no matter what, but I REALLY wanted these to match Marvel Legends.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2021 at 5:10 PM, Kato said:

Just reviewd Ming. They are about the same height as McFarlane DC figures (I used Nightwing to compare) 

That is to say,if you want Luke Cage to be big and imposing over other Legends it would work beautifully 

Already saw both videos and liked them man. Also made comments on them, My nick is RoadPigJohn in YouTube... I would like to see you and JayC doing some live shows exchanging some ideas about the recent toys... Maybe a collaboration between both channels... A win win situation for both of you. I have a channel with a variety of topics videos... 😀✌️