G.I. Joe Live-Action TV Series Centered On Lady Jaye Coming To Amazon

JayC

Its been announced via Deadline that a new G.I. Joe Live-Action TV Series is being workd on at Amazon that will focus on the character of Lady Jaye.

Erik Oleson (Amazon’s Carnival Row), will create and showrun the series and will exec produce alongside Lorenzo DiBonaventura. While the show will focus on Lady Jaye, it's said to also connect with a larger G.I. Joe universe.

It's not clear who will play Lady Jaye in this series. The character was previously played by actress Adrianne Palicki in the last live-action movie.
  • Like 1

I dunno... what could this show ever be at its peak? In a day and age where gun violence is played down to kids, and where woke-culture makes sure to outline specific agendas - could a new GI Joe series be anything about the war on terrorism by shooting laser guns at enemy soldiers? Or will they go the safe route and somehow turn this in to another ninja series where all they have to worry about is lousy cgi acrobatics and crummy swordplay choreography?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DiscoCougar said:

I dunno... what could this show ever be at its peak? In a day and age where gun violence is played down to kids, and where woke-culture makes sure to outline specific agendas - could a new GI Joe series be anything about the war on terrorism by shooting laser guns at enemy soldiers? Or will they go the safe route and somehow turn this in to another ninja series where all they have to worry about is lousy cgi acrobatics and crummy swordplay choreography?

spacer.png

I love me some Lady Jaye..but come on, nahh

• Thanks 1

This is very interesting news. I've been a RAH fan from the beginning. Lady Jaye is a character with a lot of potential. This format could allow for some very cool Jack Ryan type spy thing. The movies were a little too Joel Schumacher. A series like this could allow for some real character development which in turn make a big event movie feel more grounded. I didn't watch Carnival Row but I've heard people say positive things. I will definitely be checking it out.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:45 AM, DiscoCougar said:

I do even wonder that as well

• 4 months later...