TMNT Loot Crate NECA 7" Movie Danny Pennington Figure Revealed

JayC

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I feel the same about it all, ever since I saw Armaggon in Mighty Mutant Manimals #7, I was like... man I love this dude, and then the future shark story line happened, loved that as a kid, I hoped and hoped we'd see an action figure (from playmates), never did. I would probably be more interested in this though if it wasn't pixelated.

Technically, we did get a Playmates figure, but it was pretty craptacular and is best left unmentioned (a space shark . . . REALLY?).

I'm hoping we'll see a non-pixelated redeco of this one in the Target line.

As for the crate, I only want the figure, they can keep the underoos . . . or whatever they pack in those things. Mako only buys when Mako knows what he's getting, and only when Mako wants it.

2 hours ago, mako said:

Technically, we did get a Playmates figure, but it was pretty craptacular and is best left unmentioned (a space shark . . . REALLY?).

As for the crate, I only want the figure, they can keep the underoos . . . or whatever they pack in those things. Mako only buys when Mako knows what he's getting, and only when Mako wants it.

If he was in the old cartoon then we'll get him eventually, but I have read he was only in one of the arcade games which means he'll never see a release in the Target line. The same holds true for the pirate Bebop and Rocksteady figs in the Arcade line.

5 hours ago, mako said:

Oh yeah that figure doesn't count, it was part of that new style turtles business I don't mess with, I mean the OG original line, those stupid newer shows and figures had to go and change everybody's looks.. why if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hainrs said:

If he was in the old cartoon then we'll get him eventually, but I have read he was only in one of the arcade games which means he'll never see a release in the Target line. The same holds true for the pirate Bebop and Rocksteady figs in the Arcade line.

This is true, he's likely to only be released in Pixelated form since he will only be in the Arcade line, because he never showed up in the Animated series, which is a bummer

maybe NECA needs to give us a Archie Comics series! there are tons of awesome figures we could get out of that. Dreadmon, Jagwar & Ninjara would be rad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

maybe NECA needs to give us a Archie Comics series! there are tons of awesome figures we could get out of that. Dreadmon, Jagwar & Ninjara would be rad.

I remember reading how the powers that be came VERY close to releasing a Jagwar figure in the CGI Movie line.

As for Target only doing Animated Series figurws, that's fine with me . . . especially if they give us a Bug-Man somewhere down the line.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

I remember reading how the powers that be came VERY close to releasing a Jagwar figure in the CGI Movie line.

As for Target only doing Animated Series figurws, that's fine with me . . . especially if they give us a Bug-Man somewhere down the line.

Yeah I actually remember hearing that he almost got a figure in the original playmates line, but due to the Mighty Mutants book getting canceled they scrapped the figure. A custom figure company actually made a few even with cardbacks and all

spacer.png

looks damn awesome.

and haha you mean you would have liked to see a Brick bradley Bug-man figure...that dude was hideous, but I'd be in.

I think playmates should do new figures in the Original line, just pick up where they left off and give us all the things we never had like Pizza monsters, Jagwar..etc. and re-release some of the harder to get figures like Hotspot and Scratch. I know those would be hot sellers..instead of re-releasing their own rotocast figures that everyone has already.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

and haha you mean you would have liked to see a Brick bradley Bug-man figure...that dude was hideous, but I'd be in.

Absolutely! Before the Red Skies Era those two Bug-Man episodes were my favorites of the original series.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 12:47 AM, Batfreak87 said:

Figure looks good but wow looks like just about anyone can have a figure now lol 

I think the fact that NECA keeps a business model just under the typical mass retail strategy makes them able to do things like this. The fact that they don't have to have a He-Man or Wolverine or Batman in every wave gives them the freedom to do a characters like these. They actually get a pretty good response to them.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tudortiger2000 said:

Neca just keeps on rolling with its niche figures. It’s fortunate that these loot crates never see the light of day in my neck of the woods. And, even if it did, I probably won’t be able to afford it at scalper prices. 

The Loot Crates aren't sold in stores, so I don't know why you'd say they never see the light of day in your neck of the woods. They're sold exclusively online through the Loot Crate website. NECA bought the Loot Crate brand after it went out of business, and they have successfully found a way to make it work and profitable for certain things.

1 hour ago, hainrs said:

NECA bought the Loot Crate brand after it went out of business, and they have successfully found a way to make it work and profitable for certain things.

Whoa I didnt know NECA bought loot crate! maybe their service got better with them involved. I thought loot crate just had an exclusive deal to get their figures included in their boxes. I also didnt know Loot Crate when out of business. I had bought a few loot crates in the past and they were always lackluster with a few things that were neat for a second and then after you realized you paid for them instead of got from a grab bag, you felt alittle dirty. Altho I did enjoy their fallout crates they originally did. 

16 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Whoa I didnt know NECA bought loot crate! maybe their service got better with them involved. I thought loot crate just had an exclusive deal to get their figures included in their boxes. I also didnt know Loot Crate when out of business. I had bought a few loot crates in the past and they were always lackluster with a few things that were neat for a second and then after you realized you paid for them instead of got from a grab bag, you felt alittle dirty. Altho I did enjoy their fallout crates they originally did. 

Yeah, the Loot Crate fad has been fading because you pay what you pay and get a bunch of stuff you don't really want and occasionally got something you did want. They were about to close down and then the person that owns NECA swooped in and took over Loot Crate and that was when NECA figures started showing up. This would be back when the pre-TMNT Splinter Spirit figure was offered (the glow in the dark variant).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

While no longer available for purchase, Loot Crate has released updated images for their NECA TMNT Lootcrate Exclusive Arcade Crate #2 Armaggon figure. You may recall this was one of 4 Crates being offered back in April featuring exclusive NECA TMNT figures. All four crates SOLD OUT by the first week in March. This is how the four crates break down along with the bonus figure if you got all four:

Crate 1 is movie based and comes with a NECA exclusive Danny figure.

Crate 2 is arcade-themed and comes with a NECA exclusive Armaggon figure.

Crate 3 is themed after the comic books and includes a menacing Mutant Shredder exclusive figure.

Crate 4 will be themed after the cartoons with an exclusive Donatello the Dark Turtle figure. Order all 4 and get a totally tubular Scrag bonus figure! (Supplies are limited.)

Crate 1: ships in August, Crate 2: ships in September, Crate 3: ships in October, Crate 4: ships in November.

While we had seen images for Danny, Armaggon and the bonus Scrag figures previously, we have yet to see any official images for Mutant Shredder and Donatello the Dark Turtle. Hopefully those will come soon.

Armaggon.jpg

I still think it's nuts that we got a Danny figure, haha. I was tempted to get it to complete the line, but I think I'm sticking with the turtles and foot characters. That and that April has really bad leg joints.

• 1 month later...

NECA today released a new image for their TMNT Lootcrate Exclusive Arcade Crate #2 Armaggon figure. which sold out back in March. This was one of four TMNT figures offered this year through Lootcrate.

Crate 1 is movie based and comes with a NECA exclusive Danny figure

Crate 2 is arcade-themed and comes with a NECA exclusive Armaggon figure.

Crate 3 is themed after the comic books and includes a menacing Mutant Shredder exclusive figure.

Crate 4 will be themed after the cartoons with an exclusive Donatello the Dark Turtle

Originally the Danny figure was supposed to start shipping to folks in August with Armaggon going out in September. It's not clear if that is still the case or if the figures will be delayed. While all 4 figure crates sold out we have yet to see full images for Mutant Shredder or Donatello the Dark Turtle. There is also the bonus Scrag figure for those who got all 4 crates.

Armaggon-01.jpg

Armaggon-02.jpg

Armaggon-03.jpg

On 2/24/2021 at 6:04 PM, SpiderS said:

I guess that's one way to make people buy into this loot crate thing, but how many fans are there who would pay over 200 for this. 

The $200 is for 5 figures (4 and a "free" one or is it 3 and a "free" one?), and Danny was figure #1, so you only had to pay for him if you wanted him. I don't think they forced you to buy the whole assortment. And while the cost per figure is more than the retail versions, you are more than free to sell off the ones you don't want on eBay and you'll get anywhere from $75 to $200 per figure depending on the character and timing. I paid $150 for assortment #1 and I sold off the ones I didn't want and I actually made more money than what I paid for it, so no complaints here.

Not sure why the made a fig of this kid, although it looks cool

Because it's a character from the movie? There are only so many in the film to make, so why not make him? The object of the game is to make as many of the characters as humanly possible as long as there is a demand.

• 2 weeks later...

ECA and Lootcrate have released our first real look at their Crate 3 Mirage comic books themed Mutant Shredder figure. This is one of four TMNT Themed crates with NECA figures they are doing. It was recently announced that for those who pre-ordered these (now sold out) crates earlier this year, the first one which features a TMNT Movie Danny Pennington figure would be delayed. It was originally supposed to ship this month but now slated for a September release. The second figure which is of a video game Armaggon is still on track with it's original ship date of late September.

I assume as of now this Mutant Shredder figure is also on track to ship on time which was originally said to be in October. The fourth figure which is the cartoon based figure of Donatello the Dark Turtle is slated for release in November. We have yet to see any images for that one. No word on when the bonus figure Scrag figure which was only available to those who got all four crates will start shipping to folks either.

Mutant-Shredder.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Batfreak87 said:

Hmm.....wonder what that crate 4 will look like. Donny is my fav turtle. And that Danny P figure looks spot on to me. 

Not my thing, but yeah, when it comes to deco and sculpt Neca is top of the line.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

NECA and Lootcrate have released a full look at their Crate 3 Mirage comic books themed Mutant Shredder figure. This is one of four TMNT Themed crates with NECA figures they are doing. They also announced that for those who pre-ordered these (now sold out) crates earlier this year, the first one which features a TMNT Movie Danny Pennington will start shipping out this week. The second figure which is of a video game Armaggon is on track with it's original ship date of late September. Mutant Shredder is supposed to ship in October and the the cartoon based fourth figure of Donatello the Dark Turtle is expected to ship in November.

00-Mutant-Shredder.jpg