TMNT Loot Crate NECA 7" Movie Danny Pennington Figure Revealed

JayC

9 minutes ago, WebbedSpider said:

Yeah, NECA made the figures and Loot Crate confirmed in January that everything for crate 2 & 3 were in stock and will be shipping out in early to mid February. Turned out that was a lie. From NECA's perspective, LC ordered the figures and NECA fulfilled. What they do with them after that is on LC.

But NECA bought Loot Crate.  Loot Crate (technically The Loot Company) has been a subsidiary of NECA since 2019.  

Its a company that owns NECA that bought LC and uses NECA to help enrich LCs offerings. At least thats what I gather from this article. 

https://labusinessjournal.com/retail/collectible-company-neca-acquires-loot-crate/

NECA did not buy Lootcrate. The guy who owns NECA and other companies bought Lootcrate. So while there is def a connection between the two companies they are in fact seperate entities.

Am I the only one that hasn't received even received Crate 1 as of yet?

This is stark reminder that we are trusting these companies with our hard earned money to do the right thing. This happened to me about a year ago with Nippon_Yasan. Site shut down and walked away with a lot of customers that never git their product. Hopefully, because these are US companies this will play out better than that. Fingers crossed. I understand delays and things happening, but if you require any kind of money up front you should absolutely be more communicative when #$## ain't right. And if NECA just throws up their hands(and I'm not saying thats whT they did) and walks away from this mess we have to rethink if they cam be trusted with our dollars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEXfactoR said:

And if NECA just throws up their hands(and I'm not saying thats whT they did) and walks away from this mess we have to rethink if they cam be trusted with our dollars. 

I feel like neca has more than delivered on giving them trust when theyve shown that they can deliver goods timely after being paid up front. Theyve put plenty of things on preorder on their website that dont come out til the next year and have fulfilled that a few times. 

You can champion for them all you want. My point is that NECA's name is attached to this. That is the reason I ordered... I followed NECA's post that led to this preorder. I am not saying this is NECA's fault. What I'm saying is NECA has some responsibility to their fans/customers to at least provide some insight on what we can or can't expect. If nothing else at least from their side. And if they never address this you can continue to do what you feel is best for you and so will I. I will say this, we need to stop being fans of these companies and start realizing we are customers with the power of our patronage and start voting with our wallets. But that is of course just my opinion...

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 8:39 PM, ChrisMOTUFAN said:

FILED A CHARGEBACK WITH MY BANK. SO TIRED OF LOSER COMPANIES LIKE LOOT CRATE AND MEGALOPOLIS.

Oops....can't. PayPal protection is 180 days and bank can't do a chargeback if it's passed 90 days. So I was told to contact my Attorney General, Better Business Bureau and Small Claims court if need be. Im NEVER buying any from loot crate again so definitely a lesson learned.

4 hours ago, DaEXfactoR said:

You can champion for them all you want. My point is that NECA's name is attached to this. That is the reason I ordered... I followed NECA's post that led to this preorder. I am not saying this is NECA's fault. What I'm saying is NECA has some responsibility to their fans/customers to at least provide some insight on what we can or can't expect. If nothing else at least from their side. And if they never address this you can continue to do what you feel is best for you and so will I. I will say this, we need to stop being fans of these companies and start realizing we are customers with the power of our patronage and start voting with our wallets. But that is of course just my opinion...

I was not stating as if im on any side here, I dont have any skin in the game with this situation. I was just stating the experience Ive had with NECA specifically and similar to what youve said, trust in the name of NECA. I would hope the company higher up that owns both companies would do some kind of press statement instead of going the megalopolis route of just not saying anything and making things get worse with no acknowledgement of a problem. I hope the best outcome for you and all those that are worried about their LC purchase(s). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChrisMOTUFAN said:

Oops....can't. PayPal protection is 180 days and bank can't do a chargeback if it's passed 90 days. So I was told to contact my Attorney General, Better Business Bureau and Small Claims court if need be. Im NEVER buying any from loot crate again so definitely a lesson learned.

I'm in the same boat. I called my bank and they say they can't do anything about it either because I authorized the sale. Will never buy from LC again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I was not stating as if im on any side here, I dont have any skin in the game with this situation. I was just stating the experience Ive had with NECA specifically and similar to what youve said, trust in the name of NECA. I would hope the company higher up that owns both companies would do some kind of press statement instead of going the megalopolis route of just not saying anything and making things get worse with no acknowledgement of a problem. I hope the best outcome for you and all those that are worried about their LC purchase(s). 

I understand what you're saying. I was not trying to coming at you in a hostile manner. But sometime us collectors feel like we have to defend these companies because we enjoy their products. I am just saying that most people that bought these Crates are NECA  fans not Loot Crate. So I think NECA has a responsibility in this to at least make a statement. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DaEXfactoR said:

I understand what you're saying. I was not trying to coming at you in a hostile manner. But sometime us collectors feel like we have to defend these companies because we enjoy their products. I am just saying that most people that bought these Crates are NECA  fans not Loot Crate. So I think NECA has a responsibility in this to at least make a statement. 

I totally agree, the thing that sucks is legally its not in their hands but youd think if they put their scent on the products that LC distributes AND being a part of the same owned group, they would at least mention something to keep the faith. But for whatever reason I also think thats a reason why they arent saying anything. If they say their side of whats going on, it would fault a company thats a part of the same owned business even tho its probably out of necas hands in general. Definitely a lame situation.

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

I totally agree, the thing that sucks is legally its not in their hands but youd think if they put their scent on the products that LC distributes AND being a part of the same owned group, they would at least mention something to keep the faith. But for whatever reason I also think thats a reason why they arent saying anything. If they say their side of whats going on, it would fault a company thats a part of the same owned business even tho its probably out of necas hands in general. Definitely a lame situation.

Yea, I get that there may be legal issues preventing them from saying anything.

Thank you for this article. It's always fascinating to read behind the scenes stories. Although I really feel sorry for the masses, who purchased the sets.

While I do understand that none of the parties are able to send out any specific replies, it's a bit heartbreaking that companies still tend to choose complete radio silence. I believe in transparent communication as long as it doesn't break any law. But a small tweet here or there wouldn't hurt anyone in regard of what to expect or if they are still trying to figure out how to send the figures if that's still an option.

On 2/14/2022 at 8:04 AM, JayC said:

Last month we told you how Loot Crate had sent out word that their 2021 TMNT Set 2 which will include the NECA TMNT Arcade Armaggon figure and Set 3 which will include the NECA TMNT Mirage Comics Mutant Shredder figures would start shipping out to folks who pre-ordered them last year by the middle of this month.

Well so far there has been no indication that any of shipped out to folks yet, however this weekend images surfaced online (Original source unknown) showing the two figures as well as the bonus Animated Series Scrag figure in-hand and on sale at some comic shop reportedly in NJ. No word on how the place that was selling them at way over-inflated prices got them, though possibly something that was snuck out of the warehouses the figures have been sitting at since they arrived in the US.

Regardless, hopefully all three will soon be shipping out officially to folks who per-orderd them in the very near future.

Lootcrate.jpg

Seems like some comic store have connects in factories and feel they have a right to sell them for rip off prices. 

I just received a response from Loot Crate Support. It said they will be updating the custoemrs on the status pf thier orders very shortly via email.  

"Due to the recent events, fulfillment times are taking longer than expected. Rest assured, you will receive an update or the tracking information as soon as your crate ships." 

So we shall see

On 4/19/2022 at 4:17 PM, aka_Patch said:

I just received a response from Loot Crate Support. It said they will be updating the custoemrs on the status pf thier orders very shortly via email.  

"Due to the recent events, fulfillment times are taking longer than expected. Rest assured, you will receive an update or the tracking information as soon as your crate ships." 

So we shall see

Whats the email that response came from?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

92 different crates 'on the way' with additional 'premium' items and t-shirts, etc. from September of last year.

I know some of the stuff is trickling out, but its looking more and more like a possible collapse of the company.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I got an email from LootCrate telling me my order for last years TMNT LootCrates where on their way. Now it's not totally clear how many Crates are actually shipping out right now. In the email I got it said items in the shipment included:

TMNT Limited Edition Crates, Series II - Complete Set of 4 + Bonus Figure × 1

However when I click on the link to view my order on the LootCrate website, it only indicates that Crate #3 is shipping now which should be for the Mirage Comics Mutant Shredder. I actually was one of the lucky ones to get my Crate #1 last year which contained the TMNT movie Danny Pennington.

Hopefully Crate #2 for the Arcade Themed Armaggon and Crate #4 for the Animated Series Donatello the Dark Turtle figure along with the Bonus Crate with the Animated Series Scrag will also be shipping soon.

If you pre-ordered any of these last year from LootCrate then you should probably keep an eye on your email inbox for a shipping update.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else get the wrong shirt size? I ordered M and got Sm. Seeing a lot of people who got one size smaller than what they ordered. I messaged them almost 3 days ago and no response.

So for $50 I got a $25 figure, a shirt I can't wear, a fanny pack (WTF) and a pin (which is pretty good).

I swear, I am done with Loot Crate. Worst customer experience ever.