TMNT Loot Crate NECA 7" Movie Danny Pennington Figure Revealed

JayC

NECA is doing another round of TMNT figure offerings through LootCrate starting off with a 7" movie figure based on the Danny Pennington. Like last year they will be doing a total of 4 sets and if you get all 4 sets then you will have access to some kind of BONUS figure which has yet to be revealed. If like last year each of the 4 sets will focus on Movie, Cartoon, Comic and Video Game. CLICK HERE for pre-order details.

UPDATE: According to NECA, the 4 Crates and the bonus figure will breakdown as follows:

Crate 2 is arcade-themed and comes with a NECA exclusive Armaggon figure.

Crate 3 is themed after the comic books and includes a menacing Mutant Shredder exclusive figure.

Crate 4 will be themed after the cartoons with an exclusive Donatello the Dark Turtle figure.

Order all 4 and get a totally tubular Scrag bonus figure from the cartoon. (Supplies are limited.) Scrag was a human character who was part of Bebop and Rocksteady's gang before they were mutated.

Armaggon will probably be the coolest of the figures as he is a mutant shark and an antagonist of the Turtles, who has designs on conquering the world.

Crate 1: ships in August, Crate 2: ships in September, Crate 3: ships in October, Crate 4: ships in November. Each crate will cost $49.99.

Loot-Crate-NECA-TMNTII-Movie-Danny-01.jpg

Loot-Crate-NECA-TMNTII-Movie-Danny-02.jpg

Loot-Crate-NECA-TMNTII-Movie-Danny-03.jpg

Loot-Crate-NECA-TMNTII-Movie-Danny-04.jpg

Loot-Crate-NECA-TMNTII-Movie-Danny-05.jpg

• Thanks 1

Danny! what in the world am I seeing, I never would have thought Neca would produce a Danny figure, honestly I love it, do I need it for the price no, is it even important to me as an addition to my collection also a no, but am I happy to see it exists hell yes. On the other hand he is wearing that Sid Vicious shirt.. it's just great. I also don't even collect anything except TMNT 90's movie figures but...Tournament Fighter Armaggon whoa, honestly TMNT Tournament fighter figures seem pretty rad I'd go nuts if they released War, Aska or Wingnut. I also gotta say I'm very interested in seeing a Scrag figure.

• Thanks 1

Holy crap this is crazy. One I never thought Id see a Danny figure be made but then all this other extra stuff they are bringing is wild. An ARMAGGON figure!?! Hes the one Im most anxious to see. I wonder if they are going to stylize him like they did the arcade game turtle figures and if they do, does this mean we may see others from tournament fighters down the line? That idea is pretty awesome. I thought the cartoon one was Ray Filet, but makes sense they do another turtle instead. The most exciting is Armaggon for me but the rest is a pretty sweet selection. Too much for my blood. I wish I could collect most of NECAs tmnt series but they are just so hard to find and obtain and can be pricey. Im pretty happy with my movie turtles and movie mutants but man they love to tempt me. 

20 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Danny! what in the world am I seeing, I never would have thought Neca would produce a Danny figure, honestly I love it, do I need it for the price no, is it even important to me as an addition to my collection also a no, but am I happy to see it exists hell yes. On the other hand he is wearing that Sid Vicious shirt.. it's just great. I also don't even collect anything except TMNT 90's movie figures but...Tournament Fighter Armaggon whoa, honestly TMNT Tournament fighter figures seem pretty rad I'd go nuts if they released War, Aska or Wingnut. I also gotta say I'm very interested in seeing a Scrag figure.

Hes the one Im most intrigued by due to his inclusion in tournament fighters. I would love to see them do a similar treatment of the characters in that game like they did turtles in time/tmnt arcade. 

16 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I never thought they get around to making a Danny figure, cool maybe they'll make Keno next.

I feel like Keno is a guarantee now that they are making a Danny figure.  Just seems like the logical step to go. 

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Hes the one Im most intrigued by due to his inclusion in tournament fighters. I would love to see them do a similar treatment of the characters in that game like they did turtles in time/tmnt arcade. 

if they did put out a dedicated TMNT Tournament Fighters line, I think I'd have to collect them, something about the way they animated those sprites in the game, the colors, the odd characters selection, it was a really cool game in concept, and it has a diverse well of characters especially with the fact that each Port of the game had different characters, sad thing is the game is actually pitiful IMO, I can't play it for more then 2 rounds before I'm bored, however SNES clearly had the winning version.

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

if they did put out a dedicated TMNT Tournament Fighters line, I think I'd have to collect them, something about the way they animated those sprites in the game, the colors, the odd characters selection, it was a really cool game in concept, and it has a diverse well of characters especially with the fact that each Port of the game had different characters, sad thing is the game is actually pitiful IMO, I can't play it for more then 2 rounds before I'm bored, however SNES clearly had the winning version.

Being an avid fighting game fanatic, I dont mind playing them but there are so many fighting games that its not one I go back to ever and only in novelty more than anything. I dont recall the games to ever really be amazing but definitely unique in that the turtles were in a fighting game! Snes was easily the winner but genesis had some great characters. Also there was a nes tournament fighters that had hothead as an exclusive character which blows my mind. Would be interesting if they do those characters if they do do a tourney fighters line. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Being an avid fighting game fanatic, I dont mind playing them but there are so many fighting games that its not one I go back to ever and only in novelty more than anything. I dont recall the games to ever really be amazing but definitely unique in that the turtles were in a fighting game! Snes was easily the winner but genesis had some great characters. Also there was a nes tournament fighters that had hothead as an exclusive character which blows my mind. Would be interesting if they do those characters if they do do a tourney fighters line. 

I mean I as well am a huge fighting game fan (majority retro), but I still have a really hard time playing this game, on all of the platforms, I mean however NES's port of this is a tragic, don't tread here type of game (there is a reason it's like the only fighting game on NES, they didn't have the capabilities, yeah street fighter with 2 buttons..super rad ;)), the GEN and SNES/SFAM version are only average in terms of actual playablity, I revist these games yearly and they never get better, nostalgia can't save the relatively poor unresponsive controls and clunky movements. I however love the way it looks, as I said I would run not walk to buy a TMNT Tournament fighter figure series from Neca, and maybe it's just the oddball factor.. the game was so..why? which the answer was Turtles in pretending we are street fighters!, plus they made up a whole character for the genesis version...like huh? you know how many characters you can pick from? why are you making one up? Ah I love it.

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I mean I as well am a huge fighting game fan (majority retro), but I still have a really hard time playing this game, on all of the platforms, I mean however NES's port of this is a tragic, don't tread here type of game (there is a reason it's like the only fighting game on NES, they didn't have the capabilities, yeah street fighter with 2 buttons..super rad ;)), the GEN and SNES/SFAM version are only average in terms of actual playablity, I revist these games yearly and they never get better, nostalgia can't save the relatively poor unresponsive controls and clunky movements. I however love the way it looks, as I said I would run not walk to buy a TMNT Tournament fighter figure series from Neca, and maybe it's just the oddball factor.. the game was so..why? which the answer was Turtles in pretending we are street fighters!, plus they made up a whole character for the genesis version...like huh? you know how many characters you can pick from? why are you making one up? Ah I love it.

I definitely know what you mean about the controls, most of the older fighting games for a LONG time had awful controls (cough* rise of the robots *cough).. Alot of them did not age well. Tournament fighters at least had the right aesthetic. SNES namely. Also theres a reason most people didnt even know TF was on nes, myself included (for years). I used to love a game called Weaponlord on the gen/snes era of games.. i still do bc nostalgia, but that game is an pure example of hard to play due to clunkiness and unresponsiveness. I would love to see how tournament fighters translates to neca figures. 

5 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I definitely know what you mean about the controls, most of the older fighting games for a LONG time had awful controls (cough* rise of the robots *cough).. Alot of them did not age well. Tournament fighters at least had the right aesthetic. SNES namely. Also theres a reason most people didnt even know TF was on nes, myself included (for years). I used to love a game called Weaponlord on the gen/snes era of games.. i still do bc nostalgia, but that game is an pure example of hard to play due to clunkiness and unresponsiveness. I would love to see how tournament fighters translates to neca figures. 

Yeah I mean in truth really there were few game companies actually making good fighting games on SNES and GEN, most of them were pretty poor, of course people like Capcom, Acclaim, Sunsoft(?), Ocean(?) and Konami (I can't remember exactly who were making the good games anymore, I mean obviously Capcom was the best at it) were on the top in producing decent fighting games, most of the time it boiled down to exactly what we are talking about bad control response, lack of buttons also contributed, frame rates and hit boxes were off kilter, Ah Rise of the robots.. I have not heard anyone utter that title is so long, what a bad game, but what a cool looking game, that one tricked me as a kid, looked good was a nightmare to play.

18 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I mean in truth really there were few game companies actually making good fighting games on SNES and GEN, most of them were pretty poor, of course people like Capcom, Acclaim, Sunsoft(?), Ocean(?) and Konami (I can't remember exactly who were making the good games anymore, I mean obviously Capcom was the best at it) were on the top in producing decent fighting games, most of the time it boiled down to exactly what we are talking about bad control response, lack of buttons also contributed, frame rates and hit boxes were off kilter, Ah Rise of the robots.. I have not heard anyone utter that title is so long, what a bad game, but what a cool looking game, that one tricked me as a kid, looked good was a nightmare to play.

Well the gen snes era was rough because of lack of hardware capabilities. Arcade was still king so anything ported over was going to be hacked to bits to fit on those carts. Tourney fighters was something different, it wanted to be an arcade fighter that had nothing based off of it from the arcade. Alot of fighting games of that era were just arcade ports, which is why most were severely lacking in majority of areas. Weaponlord was an original title that was extremely ambitious for the time, first game to have parries and a deep set of mechanics. It even had combo fatalities XD. But programming and control were not their strong suit.. framerate was bad too. Capcom in my eyes was the only legitimately good dev back then for them. Midway was close but all ports werent by them and they were based off their superior arcade boards. Dude I remember renting Rise2 thinking oh man looks so good, that roster of characters is huge too! get home, i can only play as the main bot in arcade.. the select screen was for the multiplayer mode.. XD.. but that control was so rough.. like the roughest i think. I also happened to see it advertised in every magazine i read. 

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Well the gen snes era was rough because of lack of hardware capabilities. Arcade was still king so anything ported over was going to be hacked to bits to fit on those carts. Tourney fighters was something different, it wanted to be an arcade fighter that had nothing based off of it from the arcade. Alot of fighting games of that era were just arcade ports, which is why most were severely lacking in majority of areas. Weaponlord was an original title that was extremely ambitious for the time, first game to have parries and a deep set of mechanics. It even had combo fatalities XD. But programming and control were not their strong suit.. framerate was bad too. Capcom in my eyes was the only legitimately good dev back then for them. Midway was close but all ports werent by them and they were based off their superior arcade boards. Dude I remember renting Rise2 thinking oh man looks so good, that roster of characters is huge too! get home, i can only play as the main bot in arcade.. the select screen was for the multiplayer mode.. XD.. but that control was so rough.. like the roughest i think. I also happened to see it advertised in every magazine i read. 

I mean you are correct, Essentially the problem was majority of the "good" fighting titles were arcade ports, which never stacked up for the reasons you mentioned, and anything that was a new creation generally fell short for the same reasons, the hardware capabilities, but hey yeah in the end we did get a few decent ports, some new fresh stuff that wasn't a brick, yeahh Weaponlord was cool I really had not thought of that game in years. I mean I have not played in since...who knows but I do remember it looked bad ass.

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeahh Weaponlord was cool I really had not thought of that game in years. I mean I have not played in since...who knows but I do remember it looked bad ass.

Weaponlord had some of the most phenomenal backgrounds in a fighting game ive ever seen. The whole production was done by a comic artist that I cant recall their name at the moment. It had some mortal kombat levels of apocalyptic barbarian times. I really wished they wouldve pushed a second but the first was hitting around the end of the 16 bit era and it wouldve been a bigger travesty if they wouldve went the 32bit polygonal route. Not many games of that era really stood the test of time and are easy to go back to. At least with 2d, it still looks pretty aesthetically. 

One thing I like about this TMNT lootcrate set up is I could get Armaggon and none of the others if I didnt want to.. Unless I wanted scrag. I used to buy loot crate stuff for a while back in the day. I enjoyed them but they dont really have super high quality stuff. It always felt like that serotonin burst of actual loot boxes. Like ah cool this and that! but in the end most of it wasnt that great. I have kept some cool stuff from them but they are crapshoots. If having them partnering with NECA is any indication tho, it looks like theyve moved up in quality compared to their crummy figures they had in their older stuff. 

Today the bonus figure for this year's round of NECA TMNT exclusive Lootcrate offerings has been revealed which as previously reported is the character known as Scrag from the classic animated series. We see the figure will have both a human and mutated set of arms and headsculpts. You will have to purchase all four TMNT Crates in order to be able to get the bonus figure.

00-Lootcrate-Scragg-01.jpg

00-Lootcrate-Scragg-02.jpg

On 2/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, SpiderS said:

I guess that's one way to make people buy into this loot crate thing, but how many fans are there who would pay over 200 for this. 

An entire wave of four 2-packs is $225, so the costs per figure is a bit more given there are only 5 of them, but you're paying for the exclusivity factor after that and the fact that this will probably be the only time you'll be able to get these. Any figs you don't want you can sell off on eBay and given the prices they go for this entire thing pays for itself. I paid $150 for the first Lootcrate, but I only collect the Animated stuff, so I got the entire $150 back and change reselling the rest. If I had hung onto them a bit longer, I could have doubled+ that.

30 minutes ago, mako said:

Aww Man, I've wanted an Armaggon for years. I just don't wanna have to subscribe to this, that, or the other thing to get him.

I feel the same about it all, ever since I saw Armaggon in Mighty Mutant Manimals #7, I was like... man I love this dude, and then the future shark story line happened, loved that as a kid, I hoped and hoped we'd see an action figure (from playmates), never did. I would probably be more interested in this though if it wasn't pixelated.

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I feel the same about it all, ever since I saw Armaggon in Mighty Mutant Manimals #7, I was like... man I love this dude, and then the future shark story line happened, loved that as a kid, I hoped and hoped we'd see an action figure (from playmates), never did. I would probably be more interested in this though if it wasn't pixelated.

Technically, we did get a Playmates figure, but it was pretty craptacular and is best left unmentioned (a space shark . . . REALLY?).

I'm hoping we'll see a non-pixelated redeco of this one in the Target line.

As for the crate, I only want the figure, they can keep the underoos . . . or whatever they pack in those things. Mako only buys when Mako knows what he's getting, and only when Mako wants it.

2 hours ago, mako said:

Technically, we did get a Playmates figure, but it was pretty craptacular and is best left unmentioned (a space shark . . . REALLY?).

I'm hoping we'll see a non-pixelated redeco of this one in the Target line.

As for the crate, I only want the figure, they can keep the underoos . . . or whatever they pack in those things. Mako only buys when Mako knows what he's getting, and only when Mako wants it.

If he was in the old cartoon then we'll get him eventually, but I have read he was only in one of the arcade games which means he'll never see a release in the Target line. The same holds true for the pirate Bebop and Rocksteady figs in the Arcade line.