TMNT Movie Super Shredder (Shadow Master) Coming From NECA?!?

A listing has shown up on Walmart.com along with a package image for a TMNT Movie Super Shredder (Shadow Master) figure from NECA.

The Shredder lives! After suffering defeat at the hands of the turtles, the leader of the Foot Clan plots his revenge. Desperate to vanquish his foes, Shredder consumes the last bit of mutagen to transform himself into the hulking Super Shredder. Inspired by the classic mail-away figure from 1991, Super Shredder stands over 8" tall and is painted in an all-new dark deco scheme. He comes with a brand-new fabric cape, interchangeable hands, a bishamon yari, and a TGRI canister. Comes in special metallic finish window box packagingTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1991 Movie) – 7” Scale Action Figure – Stealth Super Shredder

The figure is not available for purchase not has NECA officially announced it as something they are doing, though that is likely to come soon.

Super-Shredder-Shadow-Master.jpeg

• Thanks 1
We have no idea what this is really, but it showed up on Walmart.com. It has listed as a NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Cartoon) – Crate – Stern Pinball Appearance Crate. From the package image provided with the listing we can see there is some kind of Shredder action figure included. What is odd that with it seemingly cartoon based that its being sold at Walmart and not Target. No other details on this item are available at this time.

Stern-Crate-TMNT.jpeg

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, JayC said:
We have no idea what this is really, but it showed up on Walmart.com. It has listed as a NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Cartoon) – Crate – Stern Pinball Appearance Crate. From the package image provided with the listing we can see there is some kind of Shredder action figure included. What is odd that with it seemingly cartoon based that its being sold at Walmart and not Target. No other details on this item are available at this time.

Stern-Crate-TMNT.jpeg

More new surprising items... Can Walmart finally take over Target with the turtles line?

I still don't have me the original version! , now you are presenting me with the option of the shadow version!, as much as I Like this idea to make a black super shredder, I'd pass, it's not a necessary piece for the TMNT movie collection. I just hope one day my pre-order for the regular one actually comes to me after all this time.

• Thanks 1

Here is a MUCH higher resolution image of the package.
<P>
It apparently includes a Krang beanie-plush, a Technodrome T-shirt, a pizza magnet, a Bebop & Rocksteady keychain, and I THINK (judging by the colors and the size of the shoulder pads) it's a repaint of the NECA video game Shredder figure.

NECA-Stern-Pinball-TMNT-Crate.jpeg

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I still don't have me the original version! , now you are presenting me with the option of the shadow version!, as much as I Like this idea to make a black super shredder, I'd pass, it's not a necessary piece for the TMNT movie collection. I just hope one day my pre-order for the regular one actually comes to me after all this time.

I have an extra one that I bought from the NECA store man... If you are on Twitter I can message you there about it.

5 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I have an extra one that I bought from the NECA store man... If you are on Twitter I can message you there about it.

Oh hey man that's really cool of you, I don't have twitter actually, but you hang on to that figure for now, I have faith that eventually I will get my pre-order, it's ordered from a local dude who I like supporting so I don't want to cancel on him if preferred.

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh hey man that's really cool of you, I don't have twitter actually, but you hang on to that figure for now, I have faith that eventually I will get my pre-order, it's ordered from a local dude who I like supporting so I don't want to cancel on him if preferred.

Oh in that's case, it's fine with me. I will offer it to another collectors in need on twitter...✌️😀

The other day we told you about A listing that had showed up on Walmart.com along with a package image for a TMNT Movie Super Shredder (Shadow Master) figure from NECA. Well now NECA has released official images for that figure which they say will be coming to Walmart stores in March 2021. The figure is based on an old 1991 mail-away figure.

Shadow-Master-01.jpg

Shadow-Master-02.jpg

Shadow-Master-03.jpg

Shadow-Master-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

I never knew of a mail away figure so I was very curious what this could be referencing and if it would have anything new to add. He looks cool but thankfully I have the painted original version which I prefer. This one does look nice in the darker color tho. Im very curious to see him next to the original neca super shredder. 

• Thanks 1

I really like this new re-deco, I might even like it more, however I will be happy with the purple, since that is actually accurate to his appearance on screen, but boy does this Shadow variant look great.

• Thanks 1
While only just announced earlier this week, we now have new in-hand images of the TMNT Movie Super Shredder (Shadow Master) figure from NECA to share with you that come via jj_try on Instagram.

The figure is a repaint of NECA's previous Super Shredder figure and is based on an old 1991 mail-away figure that was released back in the day. According to NECA, this new one will start hitting Walmart stores here in the US sometime in March.

ShadowMaster-Shredder-00.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-01.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-02.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-03.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-04.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-05.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-06.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/24/2021 at 7:24 AM, Belmont13 said:

I think I like this one more than the previous one, there was something about the paint on the other one that felt off.

Not a TMNT collector but I love the 80's show. I usually prioritize acquiring villains in a toyline--they make the story interesting, and, most of the time, they make the hero THE hero. I have considered purchasing Kragg but when they released it  it has a some issues I just can't tolerate, but seeing this Shredder--it just kept improving. I'll watch a couple of reviews of the purple release then I'll decide if this grey brooding looking figure is for me. 

• Thanks 1

After seeing it side by side with the original, Im definitely glad I have the original. This would be a good alternative if I couldnt find the original tho. I like it but seeing it in normal lighting shows how much its less of than the first one. It is cool to have a darker basic version of him tho and he would be very suitable for a less animated, more realistic look for him. 

• Thanks 1