TMNT Movie Super Shredder (Shadow Master) Coming From NECA?!?

JayC

A listing has shown up on Walmart.com along with a package image for a TMNT Movie Super Shredder (Shadow Master) figure from NECA.

The Shredder lives! After suffering defeat at the hands of the turtles, the leader of the Foot Clan plots his revenge. Desperate to vanquish his foes, Shredder consumes the last bit of mutagen to transform himself into the hulking Super Shredder. Inspired by the classic mail-away figure from 1991, Super Shredder stands over 8" tall and is painted in an all-new dark deco scheme. He comes with a brand-new fabric cape, interchangeable hands, a bishamon yari, and a TGRI canister. Comes in special metallic finish window box packagingTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1991 Movie) – 7” Scale Action Figure – Stealth Super Shredder

The figure is not available for purchase not has NECA officially announced it as something they are doing, though that is likely to come soon.

Super-Shredder-Shadow-Master.jpeg

• Thanks 1

We have no idea what this is really, but it showed up on Walmart.com. It has listed as a NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Cartoon) – Crate – Stern Pinball Appearance Crate. From the package image provided with the listing we can see there is some kind of Shredder action figure included. What is odd that with it seemingly cartoon based that its being sold at Walmart and not Target. No other details on this item are available at this time.

Stern-Crate-TMNT.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JayC said:
We have no idea what this is really, but it showed up on Walmart.com. It has listed as a NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Cartoon) – Crate – Stern Pinball Appearance Crate. From the package image provided with the listing we can see there is some kind of Shredder action figure included. What is odd that with it seemingly cartoon based that its being sold at Walmart and not Target. No other details on this item are available at this time.

Stern-Crate-TMNT.jpeg

More new surprising items... Can Walmart finally take over Target with the turtles line?

I still don't have me the original version! , now you are presenting me with the option of the shadow version!, as much as I Like this idea to make a black super shredder, I'd pass, it's not a necessary piece for the TMNT movie collection. I just hope one day my pre-order for the regular one actually comes to me after all this time.

• Thanks 1

Here is a MUCH higher resolution image of the package.
<P>
It apparently includes a Krang beanie-plush, a Technodrome T-shirt, a pizza magnet, a Bebop & Rocksteady keychain, and I THINK (judging by the colors and the size of the shoulder pads) it's a repaint of the NECA video game Shredder figure.

NECA-Stern-Pinball-TMNT-Crate.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I still don't have me the original version! , now you are presenting me with the option of the shadow version!, as much as I Like this idea to make a black super shredder, I'd pass, it's not a necessary piece for the TMNT movie collection. I just hope one day my pre-order for the regular one actually comes to me after all this time.

I have an extra one that I bought from the NECA store man... If you are on Twitter I can message you there about it.

5 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I have an extra one that I bought from the NECA store man... If you are on Twitter I can message you there about it.

Oh hey man that's really cool of you, I don't have twitter actually, but you hang on to that figure for now, I have faith that eventually I will get my pre-order, it's ordered from a local dude who I like supporting so I don't want to cancel on him if preferred.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh hey man that's really cool of you, I don't have twitter actually, but you hang on to that figure for now, I have faith that eventually I will get my pre-order, it's ordered from a local dude who I like supporting so I don't want to cancel on him if preferred.

Oh in that's case, it's fine with me. I will offer it to another collectors in need on twitter...✌️😀

The other day we told you about A listing that had showed up on Walmart.com along with a package image for a TMNT Movie Super Shredder (Shadow Master) figure from NECA. Well now NECA has released official images for that figure which they say will be coming to Walmart stores in March 2021. The figure is based on an old 1991 mail-away figure.

Shadow-Master-01.jpg

Shadow-Master-02.jpg

Shadow-Master-03.jpg

Shadow-Master-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

I never knew of a mail away figure so I was very curious what this could be referencing and if it would have anything new to add. He looks cool but thankfully I have the painted original version which I prefer. This one does look nice in the darker color tho. Im very curious to see him next to the original neca super shredder. 

• Thanks 1

While only just announced earlier this week, we now have new in-hand images of the TMNT Movie Super Shredder (Shadow Master) figure from NECA to share with you that come via jj_try on Instagram.

The figure is a repaint of NECA's previous Super Shredder figure and is based on an old 1991 mail-away figure that was released back in the day. According to NECA, this new one will start hitting Walmart stores here in the US sometime in March.

ShadowMaster-Shredder-00.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-01.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-02.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-03.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-04.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-05.jpg

ShadowMaster-Shredder-06.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2021 at 7:24 AM, Belmont13 said:

I think I like this one more than the previous one, there was something about the paint on the other one that felt off.

Not a TMNT collector but I love the 80's show. I usually prioritize acquiring villains in a toyline--they make the story interesting, and, most of the time, they make the hero THE hero. I have considered purchasing Kragg but when they released it  it has a some issues I just can't tolerate, but seeing this Shredder--it just kept improving. I'll watch a couple of reviews of the purple release then I'll decide if this grey brooding looking figure is for me. 

• Thanks 1

After seeing it side by side with the original, Im definitely glad I have the original. This would be a good alternative if I couldnt find the original tho. I like it but seeing it in normal lighting shows how much its less of than the first one. It is cool to have a darker basic version of him tho and he would be very suitable for a less animated, more realistic look for him. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Last month we told you how a strange boxset showed up on Walmart's website that was labeled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Cartoon) – Crate – Stern Pinball Appearance Crate. While there were know details given about this set, we could see by the images on the packaging that it would be including some kind of NECA Shredder figure.

It was really unclear what the connection between NECA and Stern Pinball was or why they would be doing a boxset together. I even noticed when Stern themselves posted an image and a link on their

Facebook page to the Walmart listing, the people on there seemed really confused about what that had to do with Pinball.

So we are still waiting on official word from NECA on this set. When they were asked about it all they said was more details would be coming soon. However those wondering what the connection between Stern and NECA is for TMNT, well I did some checking and it turns out the two companies worked together back in September of last year for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Stern Heads-Up Pinball Invitational. If you didn't know, Stern makes a

TMNT themed Pinball machine. NECA was one of the sponsors for this event and all the players got free NECA Turtles In Time action figures. You can watch the event here if your interested in that type of thing.

So after that I guess the two companies got together and put this boxset together which I am assuming will be released eventually as a Walmart exclusive. As for the Shredder figure included in the set. From what I can tell it looks like it's going to be a repaint of the NECA Animated Series Shredder figure. The grey on that figure's chest and tunic are now purple. Looks like maybe some purple highlights have been added on the legs as well, but I am not sure. I blew up the image of the figure as best I could from the package image from Walmart. You can check it out below in our

GALLERY.

Hopefully NECA will get around to releasing official details like price and better images for this set soon. And No I don't think a TMNT Pinball machine will be included :).

TMNT-Premium-Cabinet-RF-scaled.jpg

TMNTStern-Boxset.jpg

TMNTStern-Boxset1.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:
Last month we told you how a strange boxset showed up on Walmart's website that was labeled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Cartoon) – Crate – Stern Pinball Appearance Crate. While there were know details given about this set, we could see by the images on the packaging that it would be including some kind of NECA Shredder figure.

It was really unclear what the connection between NECA and Stern Pinball was or why they would be doing a boxset together. I even noticed when Stern themselves posted an image and a link on their

Facebook page to the Walmart listing, the people on there seemed really confused about what that had to do with Pinball.

So we are still waiting on official word from NECA on this set. When they were asked about it all they said was more details would be coming soon. However those wondering what the connection between Stern and NECA is for TMNT, well I did some checking and it turns out the two companies worked together back in September of last year for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Stern Heads-Up Pinball Invitational. If you didn't know, Stern makes a

TMNT themed Pinball machine. NECA was one of the sponsors for this event and all the players got free NECA Turtles In Time action figures. You can watch the event here if your interested in that type of thing.

So after that I guess the two companies got together and put this boxset together which I am assuming will be released eventually as a Walmart exclusive. As for the Shredder figure included in the set. From what I can tell it looks like it's going to be a repaint of the NECA Animated Series Shredder figure. The grey on that figure's chest and tunic are now purple. Looks like maybe some purple highlights have been added on the legs as well, but I am not sure. I blew up the image of the figure as best I could from the package image from Walmart. You can check it out below in our

GALLERY.

Hopefully NECA will get around to releasing official details like price and better images for this set soon. And No I don't think a TMNT Pinball machine will be included :).

TMNT-Premium-Cabinet-RF-scaled.jpg

TMNTStern-Boxset.jpg

TMNTStern-Boxset1.jpg

UPDATE: NECA let us know this set should be out in April. More details to come soon.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks to baxterslaboratory we have our first look at the contents for the Walmart exclusive Stern Pinball TMNT NECA Boxset which we first told you about was coming back in February. The set includes a repaint of the NECA Animated Series Shredder figur as well as other items like a Krang Beanie, shirt, magnet and keychain. Check out the images below. The boxset has started to show up at physical Walmart stores. There continues to be a place holder for this set on the Walmarts website, but it's not yet available for purchase there.

NECA-Stern-Pinball-01.jpg

NECA-Stern-Pinball-02.jpg

NECA-Stern-Pinball-03.jpg

NECA-Stern-Pinball-04.jpg

NECA-Stern-Pinball-05.jpg

NECA-Stern-Pinball-06.jpg

NECA-Stern-Pinball-07.jpg

NECA-Stern-Pinball-08.jpg

• Thanks 1

We gave you a first look at the contents for this new TMNT set from NECA Toys yesterday, but now NECA has released official images and details for their Stern Pinball TMNT NECA Boxset.

Cowabunga, dudes! NECA is serving up a heaping helping of total awesomeness in honor of the TMNT pinball game by Stern Pinball
. Box includes a beanie, unisex t-shirt, magnet, keychain and exclusive Shredder action figure. Coming exclusively to select Walmart stores in the next 1-2 weeks! $49.96 retail.
• Pizza magnet measures 4 inches across and separates into individual slices
• Rocksteady and Bebop keychain measures 2 inches wide
• T-shirt is 100% cotton and machine washable
• Krang beanie is acrylic and machine washable
• Shredder action figure is 7" tall and has a soft goods cape

The set has already hit stores and is now available on Walmarts website, with in store pick up options were available. The cost is $49.96.

NECA-Stern-10.jpg

NECA-Stern-09.jpg

NECA-Stern-08.jpg

NECA-Stern-06.jpg

NECA-Stern-07.jpg

NECA-Stern-05.jpg

NECA-Stern-04.jpg

NECA-Stern-03.jpg

NECA-Stern-02.jpg

• Thanks 1