Hasbro Makes An Angry Action Figure Collector Figure???

JayC

Yesterday Hasbro held one of their Fan-Friday Live-Stream events with the Marvel Legends brand-team where they debuted a new 6" Marvel Legends figure that has seemingly been dubbed by some now as the "Angry Action Figure Collector" figure

Fan-Friday-Marvel-Legends-Reveals901__scaled_600.jpg

In truth the figure is really based on the Marvel character the Hood.

Marvel-Legends-Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-36__scaled_600.jpg

But during the presentation one of the Hasbro guys joked while showing the first image above saying it was an angry Marvel Legends collector yelling at them, and from there the memes and photoshopped images like this one took off across the net. I'm not sure who to credit for making this one.

152298824_426267261978630_8099254778253731197_n__scaled_600.jpg

Of course not everyone found the joke to be funny. Some have taken offense to it thinking Hasbro is making light of their frustrations of finding what has become an all to often trend in the hobby of getting their hands on hard to find store exclusives.

There is no doubt that the continued growing trend from toy manufactures to release more and more items as store exclusives at Target and Walmart is frustrating, but all it takes is reading comments on some of these live-streams Hasbro does to see that perhaps some are taking things a bit to far with their anger, and even more so directing their anger at the wrong people. The designers and such you see featured in the live-streams aren't the ones who really determine what gets released where.

Never-the-less, I think for better or worse this particular Hood figure will now famously or perhaps infamously be known as the

Angry Action Figure Collector figure. Get yours before the scalpers do.... 😕

152298824_426267261978630_8099254778253731197_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, deecee4 said:

What an odd figure too...a generic guy in a members only jacket with an ill fitting hood and phallic accessories. Who was asking for this lol

People have been asking for The Hood (not a lot of people, mind you) since at least 2009, and Hasbro has clearly been working to get out figures of all of the characters represented at SDCC that year for the Toyfare fan choice vote.  My interest in this figure was always going to come down to execution, and I'm not quite sure how Hasbro made this thing and said, "That's good." I suppose they can pass, but I don't think those look like boots he has on, and a better fitting or more supernatural looking cloak, along with a more haunted or disturbed look to the face would have gone a long way. No dildo blast effects also would have helped.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Satam said:

People have been asking for The Hood (not a lot of people, mind you) since at least 2009, and Hasbro has clearly been working to get out figures of all of the characters represented at SDCC that year for the Toyfare fan choice vote.  My interest in this figure was always going to come down to execution, and I'm not quite sure how Hasbro made this thing and said, "That's good." I suppose they can pass, but I don't think those look like boots he has on, and a better fitting or more supernatural looking cloak, along with a more haunted or disturbed look to the face would have gone a long way. No dildo blast effects also would have helped.

^^This, I wanted a figure of The Hood for years and it's disheartening that the prototype from SDCC years ago looks better. The guns are OK, a little paint detail would have been nice considering how phoned in the rest of the figure is. The outfit is not entirely accurate especially the jacket design. While he was drawn with different colored clothes in his comic book appearances the colors were almost always muted or darker not as bright as this figure. The shoes scream white collar executive not low level street criminal. The headsculpt would have worked better as an alternate headsculpt with a more neutral expression as the standard head. If they wanted to make it better they could have painted the screaming head to resemble the demonic possession from later on. Then the blast effects which I personally didn't think they looked Phallic until you guys pointed out(thanks for that by the way, can't unsee that now) they really weren't that necessary since most of the time he used regular bullets and if I remember correctly the "magic" bullets upgrade was when he had the Norn Stones which wasn't for a long period of time. This figure is the weak link in an otherwise good wave.

• Thanks 1

Lighten up, Francis. Anyone getting faux offended over this needs to chill out and go outside and live a little. It's a joke, laugh/chuckle a little. If you really are offended then good. The well adjusted people will collect your tears. The irony of people getting upset over the look of the figure is also hilarious. I may need an extra mug.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, deecee4 said:

Ha, that is funny.

What an odd figure too...a generic guy in a members only jacket with an ill fitting hood and phallic accessories. Who was asking for this lol

I was asking for it. It's a perfect representation of what the character usually looks like and it's a great figure for custom work or background pedestrians without the hood. The hood fits fine.

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed the run they did with the Hood in Avengers and thought the character was interesting. Glad to see the character a ML figure now too. Not that crazy about the look though. I can get over the angry face, but not too keen on the green pants. Guess he had green pants in the comics? Mostly because like someone mentioned he could be used for photography mostly from behind or swapped head because of the facial expression. I pulled the trigger and pre ordered after my first intention was to wait for price drop. Now after seeing this not sure if I made a rash decision or not as far as waiting for a price drop?

• Thanks 1

Pretty smooth on the brand team's part. A little bit of internet worthy (ie Lame) humor to distract everyone from the fact they released another "Screaming-Face."

I'm not sure what's sadder, that they pulled such a transparent ploy . . . or that it apparently worked.

• Thanks 1

Daamn, who would had thought such a joke could cause such outrage :/, then again i found it simply funny nothin more lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JayC said:

Yesterday Hasbro held one of their Fan-Friday Live-Stream events with the Marvel Legends brand-team where they debuted a new 6" Marvel Legends figure that has seemingly been dubbed by some now as the "Angry Action Figure Collector" figure

In truth the figure is really based on the Marvel character the Hood.

But during the presentation one of the Hasbro guys joked while showing the first image above saying it was an angry Marvel Legends collector yelling at them, and from there the memes and photoshopped images like this one took off across the net. I'm not sure who to credit for making this one.

152298824_426267261978630_8099254778253731197_n__scaled_600.jpg

Of course not everyone found the joke to be funny. Some have taken offense to it thinking Hasbro is making light of their frustrations of finding what has become an all to often trend in the hobby of getting their hands on hard to find store exclusives.

There is no doubt that the continued growing trend from toy manufactures to release more and more items as store exclusives at Target and Walmart is frustrating, but all it takes is reading comments on some of these live-streams Hasbro does to see that perhaps some are taking things a bit to far with their anger, and even more so directing their anger at the wrong people. The designers and such you see featured in the live-streams aren't the ones who really determine what gets released where.

Never-the-less, I think for better or worse this particular Hood figure will now famously or perhaps infamously be known as the

Angry Action Figure Collector figure. Get yours before the scalpers do.... 😕

152298824_426267261978630_8099254778253731197_n.jpg

Wow, that's a low blow to the freaking community... I will check that video and edit the part where that guy said that... Later will posted in my youtube to see how many collectors opinionate on that... This guys are really something!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Satam said:

Did you just said dildo????😅😂

4 hours ago, Marcutioo said:

I think the fact that people are mad about the joke is extremely funny AND ironic lol if you're mad about it........it's kinda sad.

Sure, in a way. On the other hand, seeing as how the hundreds of bucks a year I drop on their stuff helps pay these douche-bags' pay checks, I'm not sure I'm down with being a living joke to the over-paid intellectual flat-lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wait people actually got mad about Ryan's joke that it was an Angry collector?, I laughed, he also said or it could be a Scalper, I couldn't believe that people would be actually mad at such a joke. I guess any one who was mad, well they know they look just like this cornball then, so that's why they got offended, I'm mad/offended that this figure is so awful, and such a lazy re-paint with a few new parts, I dislike this figure so much that it's the 1 thing stopping me from just buying this whole wave, now that says a lot.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

For those who didn't watched the video, here it is the part when they made the comment...

Oh hey this is from your own channel! , I always think it's really fun to actually see what some of my fellow posters on here look like, I peeped some of the vids cool stuff dude. I think you should do some podcast type toy talks, I always love watching that stuff.

• Thanks 1