Jump to content

Sasha Calle To Debut As 'Supergirl' In 'The Flash' Standalone Movie


Recommended Posts

In an Instagram post, director Andy Muschietti has confirmed that 'The Young and the Restless' star Sasha Calle will make her film debut in the upcoming 'The Flash' as Supergirl.

This is the first standalone movie for the Flash following his appearances from 'Justice League' and 'Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice,' features Ezra Miller as the eponymous speedster known as Barry Allen.  Shooting for the film will finally take place in 2021 after numerous setbacks and mounted troubles from the coronavirus pandemic.  The film is now scheduled for a November 4th, 2022 release.

More than 400 actresses auditioned for the role prior to casting Calle, the first Latina ever to portray Supergirl.  She received a Daytime Emmy nomination last year for her role as Lola Rosales on 'The Young and the Restless.'

Muschietti is credited with helming 'It' and the 'It: Chapter Two.'  The script was penned by Christina Hodson, who wrote the 'Transformers' spinoff 'Bumblebee' and 'Birds of Prey.'

Source: Variety

Sasha_Calle.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is definitely exciting news, it seems like Flash movie is Justice League 2.0 but with different character, it makes movie I was already interested even way more interesting.  Hopefully they will deliver on script and story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SpiderS said:

This is definitely exciting news, it seems like Flash movie is Justice League 2.0 but with different character, it makes movie I was already interested even way more interesting.  Hopefully they will deliver on script and story.

I'm still not getting my hopes up. As far as DC movies go, Warner Bros. has a long and proud history of pulling crap from the jaws of victory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mako said:

I'm still not getting my hopes up. As far as DC movies go, Warner Bros. has a long and proud history of pulling crap from the jaws of victory.

Shazam and Aquaman were good, I even liked Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey was okay but underwhelming (because it was nothing like Bird of prey comics), thing is all these movies to me were more or less ok but none of them had this exciting concept of using interconnected universe, I think they learned very wrong lesson from BvS thinking that totally divorcing from interconnected narrative will make their movies better, when it was actually movies themselves not doing it right,  so my hope is that this Flashpoint movie will be somewhat better than everything they did before.

Also I could be wrong but I think this won't be classic Supergirl, who is likely dead in DC movie verse, but actually female version of Superman from parallel reality where every character is gender bent like Earth 11 from comics, hence why they went with actress that has dark hair. 

 image.thumb.png.1aa6f6bbaf7d6fcb621aa37850805590.png 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Shazam and Aquaman were good, I even liked Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey was okay but underwhelming (because it was nothing like Bird of prey comics), thing is all these movies to me were more or less ok but none of them had this exciting concept of using interconnected universe, I think they learned very wrong lesson from BvS thinking that totally divorcing from interconnected narrative will make their movies better, when it was actually movies themselves not doing it right,  so my hope is that this Flashpoint movie will be somewhat better than everything they did before.

Also I could be wrong but I think this won't be classic Supergirl, who is likely dead in DC movie verse, but actually female version of Superman from parallel reality where every character is gender bent like Earth 11 from comics, hence why they went with actress that has dark hair.  

Of course personal mileage will vary, but I think the general consensus is Wonder Woman and Aquaman were the first totally successful DCCU movies. MOS, BVS, and WW84 were successful but extremely divisive, Suicide Squad was a disappointment but Warners carried it for a bit due to Margot Robbie's brief status as an "It Girl." Birds of Prey was a flop and, barring the intervention of rabid James Gunn fans, I don't see the new Suicide Squad movie doing much better.

BTW: Who wants to bet the new Suicide Squad pulls a Machete 2 and Harley appears just long enough to take a bullet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mako said:

Of course personal mileage will vary, but I think the general consensus is Wonder Woman and Aquaman were the first totally successful DCCU movies. MOS, BVS, and WW84 were successful but extremely divisive, Suicide Squad was a disappointment but Warners carried it for a bit due to Margot Robbie's brief status as an "It Girl." Birds of Prey was a flop and, barring the intervention of rabid James Gunn fans, I don't see the new Suicide Squad movie doing much better.

where are you getting your numbers from? ww84 is one of the least successful movies ever released. wb has lost almost $100 million on that film. and batman vs superman barely broke even and was definitely not a success. it had a successful opening weekend but after that it bled money. and how was birds of prey a flop? it was more profitable than batman vs superman, a film you called successful. 

in the future it may be best to do some research before posting about things you lack knowledge of. its never good to just make things up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE