Mandalorian Actress Gina Carano Fired By Lucasfilm

Bespin refugee

11 minutes ago, Satam said:

You've been conflating religion, ethnicity, and nationality. You don't get why I'm saying at all. And you conveniently glossed over what I said about a "genetically identifiable ethnicity due to diaspora and isolation." There are studies. Lots of them. Some of them are kind of disturbing, but that part in quotes there is a scientifically provable fact. There are categories for Jewish ethnicities on 23 and Me, Ancestry D&A, etc. Whether you choose to believe it or not, the fact remains that there is a Jewish religion and there is a Jewish ethnicity (technically more than one). I've known Jewish atheists, which seems like an oxymoron to you, but it's not.

There is confusion between the culture and faith.

One cannot be a Jewish atheist...what they are doing is drawing connection to share cultural practices.

They aren't any genetics to it because you can't tell one from the other AND the Bible makes it clear that Semites (Hebrews) and Hamites fluidly intermingled. 

They are a group united by common cultural practices...but it isn't exclusive. And as Dr Lava stated...that isn't an option included on applications.

Like Gypsy

Or Muslim.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DrLava said:

i mean its really not that absurd or surprising. she made an anti-semitic comment, the guy that created the show is jewish, easiest way to get fired

It wasn't. Plain and simple 

11 minutes ago, DrLava said:

i didnt gloss over anything, i didnt want to point out that didnt understand your copy/paste from google, but since you insist. diaspora refers to people who claim a homeland but live outside of it. with regards to jewish people that homeland is israel. that makes them israeli people that practice judaism. 

And let's not forget 11 tribes STOPPED being Hebrews and allowed themselves to be absorbed in the population.  They gave up their faith in Yahweh.  After 70 AD the tribe of Judah watched as Rome sacked Israel.  So their identity was formed around a culture...not a country.  And plus there are people from the tribe of Judah who are Christian.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FASVB said:

It wasn't. Plain and simple 

Sigh,

Comparing self inflicted oppression (as the dominate culture is prone to do) to historical/factual events of marginalized people is never smart.

Sadly privileged people keep doing it.  Then act shocked at the outrage of it.

And sideways people will always crawl out of the woodwork to defend it.

SMH do better dude. Plain and simple

This isn't a hill you want to die on.

• Like 2

• JayC locked this topic