New 7" Cowboy And Redeemer Spawn And More Revealed From McFarlane Toys!?!

JayC

This images popped up on Reddit that was described online conference that took palce yesterday with what appears to be Todd McFarlane showing off some new Spawn figures. With Toy Fair having been canceled this year, perhaps this was some kind of virtual presentation McFarlane was having online with retailers. In the image we see Spawn figures of varying sizes including what looks like new 7" figures of Cowboy and Redeemer Spawn

. Hopefully more news on this will be coming soon.

New-Spawn-Figures.jpg

New-Spawn-Figures-00.jpg

New-Spawn-Figures-01.jpg

• Thanks 2

Wowwzers! amazing, is Todd actually getting to a Spawn line!, the Redeemer (2) looks amazing, although it;s more of cross between adventures of spawn look and Redeemer 2, and that Gunslinger spawn looks pretty awesome as well, I feel like that Clown and Violator might be new as well, despite them looking very much like figures already released, I own them (so I'm trying to figure it out without pulling the actual figure of the shelf), not certain but that Violator looks like it might have more points of articulation and a updated sculpt then the old version, the Violator looks too be a bigger scale (I could be tripping/wishing), woo hoo!

On 2/5/2021 at 12:26 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wowwzers! amazing, is Todd actually getting to a Spawn line!, the Redeemer (2) looks amazing, although it;s more of cross between adventures of spawn look and Redeemer 2, and that Gunslinger spawn looks pretty awesome as well, I feel like that Clown and Violator might be new as well, despite them looking very much like figures already released, I own them (so I'm trying to figure it out without pulling the actual figure of the shelf), not certain but that Violator looks like it might have more points of articulation and a updated sculpt then the old version, the Violator looks too be a bigger scale (I could be tripping/wishing), woo hoo!

It does look like Todd is getting to a new Spawn line, Redeemer and Gunslinger look great, and I hope we'll finally get that Curse of the Spawn figure he promised years ago (updated) and a new Medieval Spawn, which Todd has talked about, although I think he wants to do another kickstarter for that one.
The Clown and Violator look exactly like Clown IV and Violator III, right down to their articulation, but you're right: they appear to be a larger scale. I think more likely than their being new is they're either 2-ups or 12" protos that were abandoned.

I am very interested in how Gunslinger spawn comes out. He looks good there from the little i can see. Gunslinger is one of my favorites that McF ever made. Hell I still have the figure. 

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I feel like that Clown and Violator might be new as well, despite them looking very much like figures already released, I own them (so I'm trying to figure it out without pulling the actual figure of the shelf), not certain but that Violator looks like it might have more points of articulation and a updated sculpt then the old version, the Violator looks too be a bigger scale (I could be tripping/wishing), woo hoo!

Pretty sure those are just the 2Ups that are just there to show detail and possibly to hint at which are the next ones to be redone with articulation like Gunslinger here. Im all for that if true but hopefully not too exact with the older figures and add in some modernizations and updates. I dont want the EXACT figure just with more articulation. 

7 hours ago, DrLava said:

i dont know what the # 2's are all about but its not a cross between anything since its based on his appearance in the leadup to spawn # 300 before he became reaper. 

well sorry then sir, the 2's are because that was technically the 2nd redeemer (in figure form anyways) which was called Redeemer 2, and yes that look before it was in spawn 300, was more the look adventures of spawn had for Redeemer.

23 hours ago, DrLava said:

this gunslinger spawn is clearly very different from the 1st figure released. this one looks like he does in the comics currently and is based on todd's design and artwork of the character. the first version is based on angel medina's. you can see that the hats are different and this one here also has the forearm gauntlet that medina never drew but mcfarlane does.

Thats a cool story, If you are referring to my comment about the 2 ups, I was referring to clown and violator specifically. If you are referring to my Gunslinger comment specifically, I was only saying I am a fan of the design and still have the original that was made into a figure before. Also clearly hes redoing some popular figures to be redone in more common design styles along with articulation, I just oversimplified the explanation. 

22 hours ago, DrLava said:

story implies fiction, i posted fact. perhaps you should actually read comments instead of poorly attempting salty condescension.

you stated you didnt want the new gunslinger spawn to be the exact same figure as the original just with added articulation. you even capitalized the word exact, implying that you felt the two figures were of the same design. they are not, as was explained.

Hey man, I didnt mean it to be coming off as offensive. If I came off as condescending, it wasnt my intention. I appreciate the knowledge of it because I hadnt noticed the difference of costume and since I havent read any new comics in years, the look was very similar and was easily overlooked at being the same at first glance. My 'exact' comment was more geared towards the Violator/clown in my head but was not formulated correctly since I dont always proofread when I comment. I love that violator figure even with its older articulation, but I would hope wed get some differentiation between the original staction figure and the new one. In a way, I would feel similar with the gunslinger, but I prefer his older look. This one of course is not much different so its really not a huge issue for me in the long run. My words may have had some unintentional hostility after reading it again.  I would prefer peaceful comments and I am sorry if I possibly touched a nerve.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 10:06 PM, kILLMonger said:

Finally!  Spawn figs the way they should be!  Grabbing all of these.  Hopefully a good Commando Spawn is on the horizon as well.  Took him long enough to get away from the statue figs but he's been knocking it out the park.

Yup Todd's the man! Hehe... Redeemer Spawn can fit any 7" collection. The colors are bright and suitable for an angelic look. However I saw a tease of a chain mail donned Spawn once. That one I'll grab. Hope it has a huge Spawn sword or even an ax. 

9 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

More Spawn characters! That's nice, specially if they are well articulated. Hopefully we'll get more info soon.

I thought Todd likes to balance his releases. I can't wait for the villains, especially the huge ones

Im more curious to see if this is the coming of a full on dedicated and articulated Spawn action figure line at mass retail or just a few one offs like we saw with Mandarin Spawn and the MK one.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Im more curious to see if this is the coming of a full on dedicated and articulated Spawn action figure line at mass retail or just a few one offs like we saw with Mandarin Spawn and the MK one.

Saw those old somewhat statue-esque action figures based on the Spawn storyline. Hope Todd has in mind that most people will be tired of buying the few new Spawn action figures if they realize that he will not go deep into the toyline/ character line. Nostalgia eventually has its limits; most people are on the building-their-collection side of things.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

He is showcasing and making some of his most popular character designs. Which to me would sound like hes making them one offs for now to see if demand is there and then go ham with some others in a full series. But he ll probably make a few more gold versions and random variants of those one offs just to make sure they are good to go for a full series. 

24 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

He is showcasing and making some of his most popular character designs. Which to me would sound like hes making them one offs for now to see if demand is there and then go ham with some others in a full series. But he ll probably make a few more gold versions and random variants of those one offs just to make sure they are good to go for a full series. 

Which is taking so long. I'd say, "put variety to the selections you make, Todd. Hand us some villains. No one wants to stick to something somewhat the same for too long. LOL!"

2 hours ago, Blurr86 said:

Which is taking so long. I'd say, "put variety to the selections you make, Todd. Hand us some villains. No one wants to stick to something somewhat the same for too long. LOL!"

Well as much as I like spawn and batman stuff, I hope he adds variety and isnt like heres 5 variations of spawn and one unique looking villain. I love his villains so would love to have some plebiac brothers and tremor articulated action happening. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Well as much as I like spawn and batman stuff, I hope he adds variety and isnt like heres 5 variations of spawn and one unique looking villain. I love his villains so would love to have some plebiac brothers and tremor articulated action happening. 

Yeah! There are so many interesting villains in the Spawn-verse, like that clown-looking guy whose, like, the nemesis of Spawn. (Not really a Spawn fan. I just like the way these characters are designed.)

Honestly I look at this picture and I am not sure if I should eat it or collect it, but today Todd McFarlane posted this images with that caption that said

"New VIOLATOR toy, anyone?".

Whether this means there is an actual new Spawn Violator figure in the works is not entirely clear. Earlier this month we told you how an image had leaked out from what looked to be some kind of video conference with Todd showing off several new 7" Spawn figures including a Cowboy Spawn and Redeemer Spawn. If a new Violator figure is in the works as well, then perhaps it's further indication that Todd is planning on launching a full blown dedicated Spawn action figure line again. Only time will tell I suppose.

Violator__scaled_600.jpg