DC Multiverse 7" The Suicide Squad Movie Figures Plus More Coming From McFarlane Toys!?!

JayC

While not yet officially confirmed by McFarlane Toys, we are seeing a number of different overseas retails start to list figures for the 7" DC Multiverse line that appear to be based on the upcoming The Suicide Squad movie which is slated for release August 6, 2021 from Warner Bros.

We previously told you early last month how it looked like McFarlane would also be doing figures based on the Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League which is slated for released on HBOMAX on March 18 with a R rating. We are still waiting for McFarlane to officially announce those figures.

Here are how the new listings appear.

-DC SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - MEGAFIG - KING SHARK (GOLD LABEL)
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - HARLEY QUINN
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - BLOODSPORT
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - POLKA DOT MAN
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - PEACE MAKER
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - BLOODSPORT (UNMASKED)
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - PEACE MAKER (UNMASKED)
-DC GAMING 7IN FIGURES WV4 - DR. FATE -
-DC GAMING 7IN FIGURES WV4 - FLASH (ALT HOT PURSUIT)
-DC MULTIVERSE 7IN - RED HOOD UNMASKED (GOLD LABEL)
-DC MULTIVERSE 7IN - AZRAEL WHITE TEMPLAR (GOLD LABEL)

Besides the Suicide Squad movie figures we also see a listing for an video game Injustice version of Dr. Fate, White variant of the Injustice Flash, White Templar Azrael and an Unmasked Red Hood. We got a peek at the White Injustice Flash along with a White variant for Grodd back in December during one of Todd's videos.

Anything with Gold Label next to it means it should be a Walmart exclusive here in the US. Also note while there is a Gold Label MegaFig King Shark listed which is likely a Walmart exclusive variant deluxe figure, I have also seen indications there will be a King Shark Build-A-Figure as part of the Suicide Squad movie wave.

Hopefully McFarlane Toys will be confirming all of these soon.

TheSuicideSquad.jpg

• Thanks 1

King shark will be cool, so will be Harley Quinn in her new outfit that looks great, but others I don’t care much, would prefer comics version more. Good to see them doing Dr. Fate. But kinda concerned with McFarlane doing variant for every figure that has possibility of Unmasked version, but I guess it works in case of red hood 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We saw listings for these pop up overseas months ago, but now we have our first official images for the DC Multiverse 7" figures from McFarlane Toys based on the upcoming James Gunn The Suicide Squad Movie. Besides the image is a recap of the figures we know are coming for the movie. I assume the King Shark shown in this image is the Build-A-Figure version that is part of the wave and not the Gold Label stand-alone version that will be released as a Walmart exclusive here in the US. Also not shown are the unmasked variant figures for Bloodsport and Peace Maker.

-DC SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - MEGAFIG - KING SHARK (GOLD LABEL)
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - HARLEY QUINN
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - BLOODSPORT
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - POLKA DOT MAN
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - PEACE MAKER
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - BLOODSPORT (UNMASKED)
-DC BUILD-A 7IN FIGURES WV5 - SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE - PEACE MAKER (UNMASKED)

McFarlane-Suicide-Squad-Movie.jpg

Might get the KS megafig depending on how it looks (and if I can actually get it from WM, by no means a given). I think Harley looks good but wonder how the dress affects articulation. Polka dot man looks interesting to me too.

Nevertheless these are all likely passes for me except maybe king shark. I just don’t have much interest in live-action DC figures. However it’s possible the movie could change my opinion

I m going to bet that king shark is going to sell like hotcakes. The rest....is debatable. 

I don't know I initially thought a King shark could be cool, but I realized he looks goofy, I don't know why I pictured a comic King shark in my mind, I am excited to watch this movie, because I think it's going to be fun, but I don't care about any of these figures.

These appear to be of better quality likeness-wise than the horrible Snyder Cut figs. Those looked nothing like the actors, but these distant shots appear to look good.  Will have to see higher quality close-ups to know for sure, but those JL figs were easy to throw out no matter how far they were from the camera. Harley's knees look horrible, but so do most of the knees in this line. Not sure why he can't do the knees like Fortnite 6" or Marvel Legends. Those look great, but it's like the knee cap/joint is all wrong and it makes all of the figs look like robots.

I've got plenty of good Harleys in this scale so this one is a pass. I ll likely get all the others just for a more complete suicide squad display. I agree with lord scareglow that king shark looks cartoony and so far I like my mattel BAF better but the scale may convince me to grab the Walmart one. 

3 hours ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

They  all look good, but I wonder why they went with the dress version of Harley? I wish they had done her in her regular outfit first.

probably because mcfarlane has a plan to bring out more variants XD 

• Thanks 1