Batman And Robin Figures From Batman Forever 1/6 Scale Figures By Hot Toys

JayC

Hot Toys has released info and images for their Batman and Robin figures based on Val Kilmer and Chris O'Donnell from Batman Forever. Each figure is being sold separately.

Batman Forever - 1/6th scale Batman (Sonar Suit) Collectible Figure
Spending countless years mastering martial arts, criminal science and advanced gadgets engineering, Bruce Wayne has turned himself into a crime fighter second to none. To protect his privacy and strike fear into the hearts of criminals in Gotham City, Wayne came up with Batman. Equipped with a cape and cowl and unique fighting devices, Batman set about the never-ending task of ridding Gotham City of crime.

Inspired by the fan favorite Batman Forever, Hot Toys is very excited today to introduce the 1/6th scale Batman (Sonar Suit) collectible figure with lots of gadgets!
The movie-accurate collectible figure is meticulously crafted based on the appearance of Batman, featuring a newly developed masked head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs design; skillfully tailored Sonar Batsuit and cape; detail recreations of Batman’s gadgets and weapons including Sonic Batarang, underwater thruster, Batarang launcher, Bat clamp launcher, a pair of Bat Sonar lenses; and a figure base.

Batman Forever - 1/6th scale Robin Collectible Figure
Like Bruce Wayne, young Dick Grayson witnessed the murder of his parents and swore to dedicate himself to bringing the criminals to justice. Under the strong wing of Batman, Dick managed to set aside his bitterness and thirst for revenge, turning them into a passion for righting wrongs, battling evil, and eventually becoming Batman’s trusted crime-fighting partner, Robin. When one of them is in danger, the other is sure to help find a way out of it!
Inspired by the movie Batman Forever, Hot Toys is thrilled today to present the much-anticipated 1/6th scale Robin collectible figure.
The highly-accurate figure is specially crafted based on the image of Robin, featuring a newly developed head sculpt with stunning likeness perfectly translating the details including the face mask, a specialized body portraying his muscular body, detail recreation of Robin’s iconic costume with a “R” logo with a subtle metallic shimmer, also a figure base for display.

Check out images for both below. Will Two-Face and Riddler be far behind???

Batman-Forever-00.jpg

Batman-Forever-01.jpg

Batman-Forever-02.jpg

Batman-Forever-03.jpg

Batman-Forever-04.jpg

Batman-Forever-05.jpg

Batman-Forever-06.jpg

Batman-Forever-07.jpg

Batman-Forever-08.jpg

Batman-Forever-09.jpg

Batman-Forever-10.jpg

Batman-Forever-11.jpg

Batman-Forever-12.jpg

Batman-Forever-13.jpg

Batman-Forever-14.jpg

Batman-Forever-15.jpg

Batman-Forever-16.jpg

Batman-Forever-17.jpg

Batman-Forever-18.jpg

Batman-Forever-19.jpg

Batman-Forever-20.jpg

Batman-Forever-21.jpg

Batman-Forever-22.jpg

Batman-Forever-23.jpg

Batman-Forever-24.jpg

Batman-Forever-25.jpg

Batman-Forever-26.jpg

Batman-Forever-27.jpg

Batman-Forever-28.jpg

Batman-Forever-29.jpg

Batman-Forever-30.jpg

Batman-Forever-31.jpg

Batman-Forever-32.jpg

Batman-Forever-33.jpg

Batman-Forever-34.jpg

As someone who was excited when Hot Toys announced that they had gotten the Batman Returns license and that figures of Batman (got him eventually), Catwoman, and Penguin would be "coming late 2012," and then waited and waited and waited with the occasional interview with Howard Chan saying "stay tuned" when asked about them and then eventually gave up waiting, these two ridiculous looking figures from a ridiculous movie are kind of a smack in the face. I know that at least a few people who were hopong that Romero Joker they showed back in 2014(?) would someday see the light of day feel the same way.

I personally love these figures, cannot wait for red costume Robin from Batman and Robin that costume was pretty cool and inspired New52 nightwing. In general I love Batman Forever and  Batman and Robin as movies, it's clear that fans wanted serious Batman movies closer to comics, and most of audience really couldn't understand what or why Joel Schumacher was doing, his vision was in a way similar to Batman 1966 that by no means was serious adaptation but a parody, if anything Joel understood how ridiculous idea of Batman was and tried to portray it as not just corny movie with puns and jokes  but more grotesques and bizarre and artsy version of Batman and his universe or superhero comics in general, hence all the ridiculous designs, straight up caricature characters,  pompous dialogue and all adult oriented sexual under( or over) tones with nipples, giant cod pieces and  butt shots. These movies were more Meta fiction than anything, if you remember Poison ivy directly says that her action figure is sold in two pack with Bane for a reason. These movies are great if you understand exactly what they were trying to do and theres obvious artistic merit there, it's not something Batman fans or even casual movie goers wanted at the time but nonetheless they were well made movies that knew what they were unlike many modern superhero movies. 

10 hours ago, JayC said:

I might be in the minority with this opinion but other than the first Michael Keaton Batman one, this was always my favorite Batman movie from the 80s/90s.

I really like the casting choice of Kilmer as Batman.  I just wish he was in a better Batman movie.

The doll Val Kilmer looks as restricted in his movement as the real Val Kilmer was in that suit.  Movie accurate!  Darned if I don't think these both look pretty cool.  I'm looking at these pics and finding myself very tempted.  But at the end of the day I can't justify this price tag for these versions of the characters.  At best I am luke warm to Batman Forever, and that's only when I'm in the right mood.