Super7 Announces Silverhawks Figures

JayC

I was kinda hoping for metallic paint jobs...don't know why. These are certainly more accurate to the cartoon. Glad to see the character bodies seem to be all new. Not really glad to see that $55 pricetag, though. And for $85, even though it wouldn't be cartoon accurate, Monstar should come with a pre-transformation head to do the switch like the old toy.

Yeah, not half bad,  I actually admit that I really like the way Mon Star looks, but $ 55- $ 85, You need something else if you want to make me pay you that amount.

Not something I would ever even consider buying (not at these prices), and certainly not from this company, but I do like the gimmick of the wings topped with non-articulated alt. arms. Kind of a nice call-back to the original line.

I think I may have seen a few episodes of Silverhawks on some block for older cartoons but it's definitely not something I have any nostalgia for. Still I really like the way these look and I know it'll be tempting when the pre-orders go up on BBTS. I wasn't expecting Mon-Star to be that much more expensive but I guess at that size it makes sense and we can probably expect Krang in his robot body to be a similar price.

• Thanks 1

It's really disappointing to see these not painted in any kind of metallic colors. They all look like high gloss flat paints, which is kind of the opposite of what made the original toys so special. Because I get the whole "rub off" worry, and can see keeping the joints flat gloss since they move. But the chest, thigh, bicep, and head pieces that won't rub on anything? You couldn't even color those in some sort of metallic paint?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiscoCougar said:

It's really disappointing to see these not painted in any kind of metallic colors. They all look like high gloss flat paints, which is kind of the opposite of what made the original toys so special.

This is my problem exactly, The most stand out element of the original figures was they were metallic, it was the draw, that's the main thing I think all of us a kids remember about these figures, even folks who don't remember Silverhawks directly will always remember "the shiny metallic figures they had" I think it's a huge let down they did the cartoon style flat paint, really detracts from the appearance, but then again they will probably just release these again in variant form with metallic paint 🧐

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

but then again they will probably just release these again in variant form with metallic paint 🧐

that is definitely a possibility in the near future, surely, with a small extra amount for the metallic finish.

• Thanks 1

The SilverHawks animated series returns as part of the Ultimates 7-inch scale figure line from Super7! This set includes 2 of the main villains Mon*Star and Buzz-Saw and 2 of the main SilverHawks, Quicksilver and Steelheart as articulated figures. Each 7-inch scale figure includes their Weapon Birds, weaponry, and accessories seen in the series, each packaged in their own collector-friendly windowboxes. You can pre-order these now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Mon*Star figure
Alternate head
Sky-Shadow
2 Rocket blast effects
Fire Iron
8 Alternate hands

Buzz-Saw figure
2 Alternate heads
Shredator
Weapon
Alternate arm
2 Claw accessories
2 Figure accessories

Quicksilver figure
Alternate head
Tally-Hawk in flight
Tally-Hawk resting
Pair of wings
6 Alternate hands
4 Laser effect pieces
Tally-Hawk Wrist remote control

Steelheart figure
2 Alternate heads
Rayzor in flight
Rayzor resting
Pair of wings
6 Alternate hands
4 Blast effects

Silverhawks-01.jpg

Silverhawks-02.jpg

Silverhawks-03.jpg

Silverhawks-04.jpg

Silverhawks-05.jpg

Silverhawks-06.jpg

Silverhawks-07.jpg

Silverhawks-08.jpg

Silverhawks-09.jpg

Silverhawks-10.jpg

Silverhawks-11.jpg

Silverhawks-12.jpg

Silverhawks-13.jpg

Silverhawks-14.jpg

Silverhawks-15.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 12:08 PM, Satam said:

I was kinda hoping for metallic paint jobs...don't know why. These are certainly more accurate to the cartoon. Glad to see the character bodies seem to be all new. Not really glad to see that $55 pricetag, though. And for $85, even though it wouldn't be cartoon accurate, Monstar should come with a pre-transformation head to do the switch like the old toy.

I used to have the original Monstar and sold it... I don't think that second head that came with it was a great thing done... Just look the head of the Monstar so ACCURATE to the cartoon... There is no comparison between the two... I assure you that when the make the second version of Monstar, that one most probably comes with more than one head so you can plug it in to this one that is coming... I'm so glad to see accurate figures to the cartoon... I pre-ordered all already.✌️😁