Super7 Announces Silverhawks Figures

JayC

Super7 today put out a little blurb on their Social Media announcing they would be doing products based on the 80's property Silverhawks. Right now they seem to be mainly just pushing things like apparel to drinkware that they have up on their website, but they do mention they will be doing figures of some type. Whether it will be 3 3/4" ReAction, 7" Ultimates or both remains unknown for now. We will be sure to update this story when more details become available.

Super7-Silverhawksjpg.jpg

• Thanks 1

• JayC changed the title to Super7 Announces Silverhawks Figures

it would be really cool to see Silverhawk ultimates, but also not because I'd be down to collect some new collector oriented Silverhawks, so therefore Super7 getting this license sucks,, in fact I'm getting a bit tired of Super7 getting all of these licenses because they as I have said else where alienate the average collector in favor of the rich collector, they arn't affordable product it isn't feasible to collect, I mean in less I was far more well off then I am.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I will get an ultimates line if that's what is coming for 7"... I don't mine the figures to be just one head and less accessories but most probably it's going to be an Ultimates line since that's Super 7 trend... Everybody has to remember that this lines are for collectors (More Income) and not for little kids (No Income)...

6 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

There goes S7 finding one more line with which they can keep milking the MOTUC buck, what I'd like to know from now on is whether they're going to charge the usual $45 per figure or the $55 they're asking for their latest pre-orders now.

S7 said awhile back that pretty much everything is unique sculpts now.

• Thanks 1

I wonder what the accessories with this line will be. I mean, the original figures offered cloth wings so they could fold in and fan out easily. But would that be acceptable in today's market? So, maybe a removable hard, single plastic wing that can snap on the back of each figure, and then maybe a separate retro cloth wing will be included? And then there are small things that that will either be snap on, swappable pieces, or ignored altogether:

-Swappable heads with the masks on, or just a mask that snaps over the regular face portraits

-Heel claws (either snap on or just permanently molded to the feet)

-Shoulder lasers that look like little triangle holes, which could be completely ignored

-Police badges that can be exactly the same as the shoulder laser

-Copper Kid's hip discs

-And the biggest question - are we getting chrome, silver paint, or silver plastic colors??

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DiscoCougar said:

I wonder what the accessories with this line will be. I mean, the original figures offered cloth wings so they could fold in and fan out easily. But would that be acceptable in today's market? So, maybe a removable hard, single plastic wing that can snap on the back of each figure, and then maybe a separate retro cloth wing will be included? And then there are small things that that will either be snap on, swappable pieces, or ignored altogether:

-Swappable heads with the masks on, or just a mask that snaps over the regular face portraits

-Heel claws (either snap on or just permanently molded to the feet)

-Shoulder lasers that look like little triangle holes, which could be completely ignored

-Police badges that can be exactly the same as the shoulder laser

-Copper Kid's hip discs

-And the biggest question - are we getting chrome, silver paint, or silver plastic colors??

As you mentioned "ignored altogether" Not like the toys, and the figures will look like the cartoon characters which is a win situation for many fans...

• 4 months later...

We've known for a while that Super7 is going to be bringing us 7" Ultimates figures based on the classic 80's cartoon and toyline SilverHawks. What we don't know yet is what figures will they be doing in the first wave. Friday Super7 through social media posted this SilverHawks animated intro from the original series which highlights 4 characters from the show, Quicksilver, Mon-Star, Buzz-Saw and Steelheart.

Shown below via robdtoys are images of the original Kenner figures for those four characters. Could Super7 be trying to tell us something with this animated clip, like perhaps these will be the first four figures they plan to do for their 7" Ultimates line? Honestly we have no idea. At the very least hopefully they are telling us official reveals will be coming soon, but what do you think about this being the potential first wave? Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Super7-Wave-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 2:16 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

it would be really cool to see Silverhawk ultimates, but also not because I'd be down to collect some new collector oriented Silverhawks, so therefore Super7 getting this license sucks,, in fact I'm getting a bit tired of Super7 getting all of these licenses because they as I have said else where alienate the average collector in favor of the rich collector, they arn't affordable product it isn't feasible to collect, I mean in less I was far more well off then I am.

I just wish they could offer ultimates in the $30 to $40 range. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LordVenger said:

Yeah, these are really $35 figures. $55 is really a lot for what you're getting. The way Brian was talking during the recent interview sounds like Mon-Star will be about $80. Buzz-Saw might even be a little more than $55 too but we'll see.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, deecee4 said:

Yeah, these are really $35 figures. $55 is really a lot for what you're getting. The way Brian was talking during the recent interview sounds like Mon-Star will be about $80. Buzz-Saw might even be a little more than $55 too but we'll see.

Yea that’s crazy. I thought ultimate mumm-ra for $60 was outrageous. I’m definitely not shelling out $80 for any silverhawk. My og mon*Star looks fine to me. Glad my mom didn’t sell him at a yard sell. 

• Like 1

I agree that most probably Monstar will be higher in price than the rest of the figures but anyways it will be worth the money 💰. I been collecting their Thundercats and they are fantastic...

15 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I wouldn't mind paying $50- $80 for a 7 inch figure, now that I collect Medicos Entertainment figures I'm paying the same amount, the difference is in the QC and the articulation, S7 figures still use the same outdated articulation scheme from MOTUC and the QC is no better than that of a $25 bucks retail figure, yes I already know that no figure is perfect, I know S7 is still a small company and I admit some of their figures have some good aesthetic/design values even so $55 bucks per figure it just doesn't seem justifiable to me.

Medicos isn’t ringing a bell, what are they making?

• Thanks 1

So happy for the Silverhawks line and It's so exciting finally we will finally get a Melodia figure🎹🎶🎵🎼😻. Hopefully with an alternate head of her doing her maniacal laugh. As well as snap on music shattered note scale blast for her Sound Smasher keytar. Can not wait for this line been dying for Silverhawks figures for years with the Animation treatment that Super7 always dose...hmm. wonder if we will get a   Mirage at some point as well as the Limbo limo?

inCollage_20210607_032501836.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Anime_blast said:

So happy for the Silverhawks line and It's so exciting finally we will finally get a Melodia figure🎹🎶🎵🎼😻. Hopefully with an alternate head of her doing her maniacal laugh. As well as snap on music shattered note scale blast for her Sound Smasher keytar. Can not wait for this line been dying for Silverhawks figures for years with the Animation treatment that Super7 always dose...hmm. wonder if we will get a   Mirage at some point as well as the Limbo limo?

I'd absolutely love a Melodia. Its criminal that she wasnt made in the Kenner line. Poker Face too...both very toyetic characters that shouldve gotten made.

I'm not a vehicle or playset guy so things like snake mountain and the thundertank werent really tempting for me..but if S7 were to make Mon-Star's Sky Runner I would have to get it, without question.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anime_blast said:

After this line gets some track with the first 3 or 4 waves, I really think Super 7 will start offering some of the Vehicles from this cartoon...✌️😃

On 6/6/2021 at 3:25 PM, LordVenger said:

I would totally be cool with Ultimates being $40 CAD, but they are not they are $69.99 so 70 bucks plus taxes here in Canada is madness I could afford to buy them but, why would I want to spend 75 bucks a figure, and collecting full lines, nah , yes Ultimates are beautiful and all.

https://nmctoys.ca/840049814844.html

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I would totally be cool with Ultimates being $40 CAD, but they are not they are $69.99 so 70 bucks plus taxes here in Canada is madness I could afford to buy them but, why would I want to spend 75 bucks a figure, and collecting full lines, nah , yes Ultimates are beautiful and all.

https://nmctoys.ca/840049814844.html

I agree my friend.  $35 us seems like it might be the perfect price. But honestly I have no idea what their production cost is or if they would be making any money, but we can wish. 

• Like 1

Still need to see how they look exactly to judge.

I am glad they are making these and everything, but super expensive 7’s prices are getting almost insulting.

I might consider just getting Quicksilver, and probably be done with it.

• Thanks 1