Netflix Names The Dream Lord, Six Others In The Cast Of 'The Sandman'

Outsiders

Netflix's NX Twitter account and Neil Gaiman announced the core cast for Neil Gaiman's popular fantasy series The Sandman.  Netflix greenlit the series last year but no release date has been provided.

The synopsis for the series: A rich blend of modern myth and dark fantasy in which contemporary fiction, historical drama and legend are seamlessly interwoven, The Sandman follows the people and places affected by Morpheus, the Dream King, as he mends the cosmic--and human--mistakes he's made during his vast existence.

Asim_Chaudhry.jpg

Boyd_Corinthian.jpg

Charles_Dance.jpg

Gwendoline_Christie.jpg

Sanjeev_Bhaskar.jpg

The_Sandman.jpg

Tom_Sturridge.jpg

Vivienne_Acheampong.jpg

That's a good cast so far.  I wanted to see Tom Ellis as Lucifer for cross-over and $#!@ like that, but Gwendoline Christie is also an excellent choice. Plus she's blonde. I haven't seen Tom Sturridge in anything that I'm aware of, but he sure looks the part. Charles Dance is a great choice for Roderick Burgess. Boyd Holbrook was great in Logan and Narcos and seems an excellent choice for the Corinthian. Not familiar with the others.
I'm curious to find out who will play Death. She's always been a favorite of mine, and a lot of other people.

21 minutes ago, Satam said:

I'm curious to find out who will play Death. She's always been a favorite of mine, and a lot of other people.

Selecting the right actor to play Death will either make or break this series.

It's weird it ended up on netflix and not on HBO max, after all it's warner's dc who published Sandman comics, and something tells me it would be better off on HBO Max, firstly HBO has better track record than Netflix. Not to say that netflix doesn't make good content, it does but HBO has better approach, it's thanks to HBO that Spawn has animated series better than comics, secondly Sandman being on HBO  would allow them to use DCU and its characters in the way they can see fit, while yes Sandman is for the most part isolated from DCU, settle references to DC universe would make it even sweeter in the age of interconnected universes. 

2 hours ago, SpiderS said:

It's weird it ended up on netflix and not on HBO max, after all it's warner's dc who published Sandman comics, and something tells me it would be better off on HBO Max, firstly HBO has better track record than Netflix. Not to say that netflix doesn't make good content, it does but HBO has better approach, it's thanks to HBO that Spawn has animated series better than comics, secondly Sandman being on HBO  would allow them to use DCU and its characters in the way they can see fit, while yes Sandman is for the most part isolated from DCU, settle references to DC universe would make it even sweeter in the age of interconnected universes. 

WB sold Netflix the rights to this show years ago before anybody had even conceived of HBO Max.