Mattel Announces New Masters of the Universe MADSAKI Products

JayC

Shown below via Hyperbeast.com is a look of a new collaboration between Mattel and artist MADSAKI for Masters of the Universe.

In September 2020, Japanese artist MADSAKI launched a “1984” exhibition at Kaikai Kiki Gallery featuring a selection of sculptures and paintings inspired by Mattel’s He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Mattle and MADSAKI have now teamed up to bring you products based on this exhibit including a limited edition capsule featuring a 15” collectible Battle Cat sculpture with He-Man, a lunch box set, artist prints, hats and clothing.

All items will release on January 29 at 9 a.m. PST on Mattel Creations.

Pricing info has not been announced at this time.

MOTU-Madsaki-01.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-02.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-03.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-04.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-05.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-06.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-07.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-08.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-09.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-10.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-11.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-12.jpg

MOTU-Madsaki-13.jpg

• Thanks 1

The original sculpture that this monstrosity is based on is a perfect recreation of the classic toys right down to the paint scheme. There's He-Man on Battle Cat and there's also a Skeletor. Skeletor is probably 8 or 9 feet tall and the other two are probably 11 or 12 feet. Here's a pic of them before he painted his horrible black crap on them:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCaDzhNnIEb/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, obs said:

The original sculpture that this monstrosity is based on is a perfect recreation of the classic toys right down to the paint scheme. There's He-Man on Battle Cat and there's also a Skeletor. Skeletor is probably 8 or 9 feet tall and the other two are probably 11 or 12 feet. Here's a pic of them before he painted his horrible black crap on them:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCaDzhNnIEb/

so much better then that craptastic paint job lol 

spacer.png

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to like about this?, and how is this guy a more famous artist then me?, he just repainted something that already exists and made it uglier, why are they bleeding tears of black blood? and he-man has a spray tan and smeared black lipstick? and this fiasco probably is going to cost you a second mortgage.

spacer.png

This thing dropped on Friday and it could have been yours for $450.00. It sold out, so if you consider yourself a MOTU Origins completist then and you didn't get one of these things, then you're no longer a completist and probably never will be since this thing will go for double that and up on eBay (probably). 

I know it perfectly captures the artist's style (the blacked out eyes and the loud neon colors), but Mattel please don't do more crap like this. The clear Skeletor you sold on that website was fine (and I noticed it was shipped 2 days ago), but it was $50 and not $450. The Super7 Thundertank is $450 and the Star Wars Razorcrest and Marvel Legends Sentinel are less than $400, but those are all huge and intricate releases. All this is is a $20 Battlecat and He-Man with an awful paint deco and now I'm really thinking about not collecting MOTU Origins because I'm a completist and I'm not going to pay that much money for something like this. 

I guess I should ask is this an actual Mattel figure and Battle Cat with special deco or is it considered something else? I'm guessing it's a figure given the Mattel connection. This is unacceptable and I'm gonna have to sleep on it. Not having this even given how awful it looks is going to bother me, and any enjoyment I get out of having these figures again (I had them all the first time around in the 80s) disappears like 10 or 12 farts in the wind when I see this....this limited edition fart of a release that disappeared in the wind at $450 a pop. I'm actually surprised that this sold out at that price, as well as all the other super expensive toys that sell out. Last time I checked, we were in the middle of a pandemic and most people can't work and tens of millions of people lost their job. I guess all of us toy collectors have decent paying, essential worker jobs. :D I know I do, but I bought the Sentinel, Razorcrest, and I'll probably get the Thundertank, so I can't drop $450 on this POS even if it weren't sold out unless there was a payment plan. 

This sucks Mattel and isn't fun anymore. I've been collecting as an adult for 32 years and have had action figures in my life since 1979/1980, and I've never said it wasn't fun. I've had lots of good luck finding exclusives when most people seem to have issues, but crap like this is something I can't control, and you just know it'll happen again because they've now sold out a $450 MOTU toy. They'll do it again and they'll probably do it with other properties. And, the funny thing about it is that these probably sold to bot using scalper weirdos and every last one of them will end up on eBay starting at $750 and up. I bet not a single one of them sold to an actual collector.

Way to go Mattel and hell, thanks to you too Hasbro. Jackasses.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, obs said:

This thing dropped on Friday and it could have been yours for $450.00. It sold out, so if you consider yourself a MOTU Origins completist then and you didn't get one of these things, then you're no longer a completist and probably never will be since this thing will go for double that and up on eBay (probably). 

I know it perfectly captures the artist's style (the blacked out eyes and the loud neon colors), but Mattel please don't do more crap like this. The clear Skeletor you sold on that website was fine (and I noticed it was shipped 2 days ago), but it was $50 and not $450. The Super7 Thundertank is $450 and the Star Wars Razorcrest and Marvel Legends Sentinel are less than $400, but those are all huge and intricate releases. All this is is a $20 Battlecat and He-Man with an awful paint deco and now I'm really thinking about not collecting MOTU Origins because I'm a completist and I'm not going to pay that much money for something like this. 

I guess I should ask is this an actual Mattel figure and Battle Cat with special deco or is it considered something else? I'm guessing it's a figure given the Mattel connection. This is unacceptable and I'm gonna have to sleep on it. Not having this even given how awful it looks is going to bother me, and any enjoyment I get out of having these figures again (I had them all the first time around in the 80s) disappears like 10 or 12 farts in the wind when I see this....this limited edition fart of a release that disappeared in the wind at $450 a pop. I'm actually surprised that this sold out at that price, as well as all the other super expensive toys that sell out. Last time I checked, we were in the middle of a pandemic and most people can't work and tens of millions of people lost their job. I guess all of us toy collectors have decent paying, essential worker jobs. :D I know I do, but I bought the Sentinel, Razorcrest, and I'll probably get the Thundertank, so I can't drop $450 on this POS even if it weren't sold out unless there was a payment plan. 

This sucks Mattel and isn't fun anymore. I've been collecting as an adult for 32 years and have had action figures in my life since 1979/1980, and I've never said it wasn't fun. I've had lots of good luck finding exclusives when most people seem to have issues, but crap like this is something I can't control, and you just know it'll happen again because they've now sold out a $450 MOTU toy. They'll do it again and they'll probably do it with other properties. And, the funny thing about it is that these probably sold to bot using scalper weirdos and every last one of them will end up on eBay starting at $750 and up. I bet not a single one of them sold to an actual collector.

Way to go Mattel and hell, thanks to you too Hasbro. Jackasses.

Hey man. It's up to you but for not having a figure from a certain collection doest mean you can continue collecting that line. I didn't notice any origins resemblance to that artistic version you mentioned and looked more like a statue version from the original MOTU HE-MAN and Battle Cat. Don't get into bandwagon of collector groups defining what you have to collect to be accepted by them...