Ghost 7" ULTIMATES! Wave 1 Figure - Papa Emeritus I From Super7

JayC

To commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the debut album of rock’s most mysterious band Ghost, Super7 is honored to welcome Papa Emeritus I to our ULTIMATES! Figures Collection.

Papa Emeritus I was the progenitor of the heavy rock phenomenon, Ghost. From the shadows , he and his nameless ghouls filled the airwaves with sounds of dark rituals, human sacrifices, and satanic hymns. Known for his mysterious nature and aggressive stage presence, Papa Emeritus I elevated Ghost to heights few in the Clergy ever come to achieve. During his tenure as Papa, he toured the U.S. and Europe several times, all while staying true to the message of the Dark Ministry. While Papa Emeritus I’s achievements in the name of Satan were numerous, the Clergy had even greater plans of world domination...

This made-to-order deluxe 7" highly articulated figure features Papa Emeritus I from the Opus Eponymous album era. The figure is lavishly detailed and painted and features an epic assortment of interchangeable accessories:

2 heads (Papa I with Original Mitre and Papa I with Golden Mitre)
1 pair of black gloved fists
1 pair of black gloved gripping hands
1 pair of black gloved expressive hands
2 soft goods vestments (Original Red / Black and White / Gold)
2 Thuribles with real chains (silver and gold) Microphone with stand
Microphone and mic stand

Papa Emeritus I will also come packaged in a deluxe slip case-style box. Available for a limited time, this is a must-have for all members of The Clergy!

The Ghost ULTIMATES! Figure - Papa Emeritus I is a made-to-order release and Super7 expects to ship this figure in Winter 2021.

Ultimates-Papa-Emeritus-00.jpg

Ultimates-Papa-Emeritus-02.jpg

Ultimates-Papa-Emeritus-03.jpg

Ultimates-Papa-Emeritus-04.jpg

Ultimates-Papa-Emeritus-05.jpg

Ultimates-Papa-Emeritus-06.jpg

Ultimates-Papa-Emeritus-01.jpg

As a fan of the band I really do like what Super7 has done here, Papa looks great in his ULTIMATES debut! The only issue I have is the price, $55 seems steep, maybe because he comes with extra robes, real chains as well. Hope this is not the new price point for this line and just a one-time thing for this figure. 

I'm placing a pre-order for one!

I am a big fan of the band but not enough for a fig. This is definitely very awesome tho. I originally thought it was 2 figures and not one with 2 different robes. 

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Guess I am old cause I've never heard these guys before.

They've been around for about 10+ years. They are Swedish progressive metal. Unless you follow those channels or even metal in general as they are extremely popular in those areas, you will have no idea who they are even if you are a youngin. But if you like progressive rock/metal, i highly suggest checking them out. I would check out their singles first tho as the rest are acquired tastes if you arent as big into progressive rock/metal. Also, they put on a hell of a live show, very spectacular. 

Damn man it's so cool to see this, I really hope we see them continue this music Ultimates, I think I'd have no way to pass on a Venom Demon, Slayer Minotaur, Motorhead Warpig, Agnostic Front Eliminator, Vic Rattlehead etc... I'm cool without a Papa, but it looks amazing.

52 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I am a big fan of the band but not enough for a fig. This is definitely very awesome tho. I originally thought it was 2 figures and not one with 2 different robes. 

They've been around for about 10+ years. They are Swedish progressive metal. Unless you follow those channels or even metal in general as they are extremely popular in those areas, you will have no idea who they are even if you are a youngin. But if you like progressive rock/metal, i highly suggest checking them out. I would check out their singles first tho as the rest are acquired tastes if you arent as big into progressive rock/metal. Also, they put on a hell of a live show, very spectacular. 

I'm not a huge fan of the band myself, I do like a bunch of their material, they are a bit too "soft" for me personal, I did like them a lot more when they first started, but I grew a bit tired of their style, however they are one of the most awesome bands to see Live, the live show is one of the most fun things you can see.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Damn man it's so cool to see this, I really hope we see them continue this music Ultimates, I think I'd have no way to pass on a Venom Demon, Slayer Minotaur, Motorhead Warpig, Agnostic Front Eliminator, Vic Rattlehead etc... I'm cool without a Papa, but it looks amazing.

I'm not a huge fan of the band myself, I do like a bunch of their material, they are a bit too "soft" for me personal, I did like them a lot more when they first started, but I grew a bit tired of their style, however they are one of the most awesome bands to see Live, the live show is one of the most fun things you can see.

Yeah.....

They have some nice tunes......There more of a "act" then a band IMHO..

The Ghost are interesting....Give me Hexed, Elvellon or even, Night Wish (early)

just to name a few euro bands...

4 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

Meh, wake me up when they make something from Sonata Arctica.

oooohhhh thats a deep cut for me. love me some Sonata Arctica. Havent listened to the in a long time tho.   

Im kind of surprised actual music acts that are visual spectacles like Slipknot, Mushroomhead, Mudvayne or even Marilyn Manson arent figures yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

oooohhhh thats a deep cut for me. love me some Sonata Arctica. Havent listened to the in a long time tho.   

I love them, one of my favorite bands, their latest stuff hasn't been as good as the first albums imo, mainly because they don't sound as much Power Metal as they used to but still better than a lot of stuff out there. 

10 hours ago, ghostbogey said:

Yeah.....

They have some nice tunes......There more of a "act" then a band IMHO..

The Ghost are interesting....Give me Hexed, Elvellon or even, Night Wish (early)

just to name a few euro bands...

Yeah they are certainly one of those bands who'd place more into the act or experience of the show category band.

they are more of a spectacle which is cool, easily it's why they are right for an action figure of their lead singer, because they have a distinct look.

not to make this a what music we like thread.. but I can't say I myself like any of those bands you mentioned above haha.

4 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Don't forget the ones who started this kind of visual spectacles, Alice Cooper and KISS, especially KISS since they took all this to a higher level marketologically speaking back in the 70's, I'm sure super7 would want to make them in the ultimate format next if they acquire the license.

I left them out specifically because they HAVE had figures made from McFarlane already in some form. Im just surprised these other bands havent had anything since theyve now been around for 20 years now. Hell Ghost is younger than they are so its surprising that such a newer band is getting a figure than any others. 

3 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I love them, one of my favorite bands, their latest stuff hasn't been as good as the first albums imo, mainly because they don't sound as much Power Metal as they used to but still better than a lot of stuff out there. 

Im guessing you like Dragonforce as well?  They were big with my circle of friends who had introduced to me to sonata arctica at the time. 

54 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Im guessing you like Dragonforce as well?  They were big with my circle of friends who had introduced to me to sonata arctica at the time. 

Dragonforce

Rhapsody of Fire

Hammerfall

Nightwish 

Kamelot

Leaves Eyes

Xandria 

Powequest

Within Temptation 

Visions of Atlantis

Blind Guardian 

Just to name a few.