DC Multiverse 7" Batman Beyond Joker Bot BAF Wave Revealed By McFarlane Toys

15 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Cool wave but image.thumb.png.6b836c9f9ea71e8244d27108b8e6f2e6.pngI prefer more animated version of Blight, it's more interesting, They could easily make him + give him removable jacket. Shriek looks great tho.

A lot of people prefer that version and think it's more interesting. Todd apparently does not.

1 hour ago, Belmont13 said:

Target Exclusives whoo! Although I kind of like the more accurate mask, general release one.

I'm still wondering if it comes with that inaccurate-ass "batarang," considering this other one has two correct ones.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DrLava said:

except batman beyond is the exact opposite of dystopian and came out well before flashpoint

I wasn't talking about Batman Beyond, specifically, but the general direction DC's been going in. DCeased, Death Metal, Future State, etc. And that Joker/Batman/OMAC...thing just reeks of "edginess".

8 hours ago, Mangle77 said:

I wasn't talking about Batman Beyond, specifically, but the general direction DC's been going in. DCeased, Death Metal, Future State, etc. And that Joker/Batman/OMAC...thing just reeks of "edginess".

death metal is a present day story and future state is also not close to dystopian. and dceased is also a present day story, just elseworlds. and none of this has anything to do with the figures this thread is talking about.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Satam said:

I'm still wondering if it comes with that inaccurate-ass "batarang," considering this other one has two correct ones.

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that if we want an accurate(to the show) Batman Beyond Batman figure we may have to buy both versions and maybe mix parts or accessories.

7 hours ago, DrLava said:

death metal is a present day story and future state is also not close to dystopian. and dceased is also a present day story, just elseworlds. and none of this has anything to do with the figures this thread is talking about.

Are you TRYING to pick a fight with me?

The point I'm trying to make is that I wouldn't be interested in most of what McFarlane has been doing with the DC license, even if they were in scale with Legends. 

I'm tired of all these "grim and gritty" DC character designs, whether they're from Elseworlds, Post-Apocalyptic futures, etc. Enough "Batman blended with ___________" characters, thanks.

3 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that if we want an accurate(to the show) Batman Beyond Batman figure we may have to buy both versions and maybe mix parts or accessories.

It'll never be accurate to the show because they both have the same belt. I don't think the red belt is accurate to the comics, either. And I'm increasingly sure that chunky-ass "Batarang" is also not accurate to any media. Neither seem to be.

30 minutes ago, Satam said:

It'll never be accurate to the show because they both have the same belt. I don't think the red belt is accurate to the comics, either. And I'm increasingly sure that chunky-ass "Batarang" is also not accurate to any media. Neither seem to be.

I honestly hadn't paid much attention to the belt, you bring a valid point.

2 hours ago, Mangle77 said:

The point I'm trying to make is that I wouldn't be interested in most of what McFarlane has been doing with the DC license, even if they were in scale with Legends. 

I'm tired of all these "grim and gritty" DC character designs, whether they're from Elseworlds, Post-Apocalyptic futures, etc. Enough "Batman blended with ___________" characters, thanks.

not at all, just putting a stop to your poor attempts at trolling. you made a comment in a thread for batman beyond figures about not liking dystopian future storylines. once you found out that batman beyond was not that, you quickly changed gears and claimed that your comment was a way off topic generalization about 3 modern dc storylines that you havent read and know nothing about. 

now youre again going way off topic and saying that no matter what you would never collect these figures and talking about your dislike of batman. so why are you posting in this thread then?

clearly its you looking for a fight since you just stated your only reason for commenting in this thread is to bash the figures, the company making the figures, and the characters being made. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DrLava said:

not at all, just putting a stop to your poor attempts at trolling. you made a comment in a thread for batman beyond figures about not liking dystopian future storylines. once you found out that batman beyond was not that, you quickly changed gears and claimed that your comment was a way off topic generalization about 3 modern dc storylines that you havent read and know nothing about. 

now youre again going way off topic and saying that no matter what you would never collect these figures and talking about your dislike of batman. so why are you posting in this thread then?

clearly its you looking for a fight since you just stated your only reason for commenting in this thread is to bash the figures, the company making the figures, and the characters being made.

Having an opinion isn't the same as trolling.

I was watching Batman Beyond from the beginning, and I am well aware it's not a dystopia. I'll admit I jumped to some conclusions; I saw a head that's Batman-in-the-front, Joker-in-the-back, a Borg-looking bodysuit, an arm cannon the size of a Vespa, some kind of mechanical appendages sticking out the back, and the OMAC/Brother Eye logo on the chest. Pardon me for immediately thinking of Futures' End, which WAS a Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic future that involved Terry McGinnis.

Yeah, I'm a little behind on some storylines; so sue me. Actually, don't; the reason I'm behind is I don't have enough disposable income to buy 20+ comicbooks a month. That doesn't change the fact that DC has published about a dozen Post-Apocalyptic/scary alternate timeline/all-is-lost events since 2012. You can only blow up the world so many times before it gets repetitive.

I'm a fan of Batman, but not of the 192,937,375,278 Batman/someone else hybrid mashup characters.

I'm glad that McFarlane has FINALLY embraced the concept of ACTION in an action figure line; I've picked up a few of their Fortnight figures,(I'm not really into Fortnight, but SOME of the designs are kinda cool.) but I still wish they'd fix the scale issues, not just with Legends, but within the Multiverse line itself. 

5 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I honestly hadn't paid much attention to the belt, you bring a valid point.

Yeah, I had noticed the red all the way around the belt when Jay posted the photos of the exclusive on Thursday and thought, "Well, that's gotta be an exclusive variant because the other one had a mouth and didn't have all that red on the belt."  Then I double checked and saw that the other version actually had it, too, all along, felt a little silly for not noticing before but mostly just wondered where the hell that came from, and after doing some research I now assume Todd just said "Letsh put shome red all the way around hish belt.That'd look shuper cool."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/23/2021 at 12:24 PM, Mangle77 said:

It's millions of miles better than what Mattel was doing.  At least Todd is playing as close to what DC is doing as possible.  Usually we'd have to wait YEARS (looking at you ML) to get a character from a storyline. McFarlane changed the game..so much so that even Hasbro is getting better at cranking out figs based on recent story lines.

Metal wasn't grim and gritty. Neither is Future State, Arkham Asylum, or White Knight.  The closest one was The Last Batman Story.  

But here's the thing...McFarlane is primarily confined to Batman/Supes universe.  Bruh the fact that we are getting in universe figs and not throw away BS variants with one "valid" fig (ahem Mattel)that is scalped is next level and I'll prop McFarlane for setting a standard.

• Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 5:46 PM, Mangle77 said:

I'm a fan of Batman, but not of the 192,937,375,278 Batman/someone else hybrid mashup characters.

Man you missing out...Dick Grayson had a nice run as Batman (and got a fig)

Jean Paul Valley has two good figs now thanks to White Knight

This BB looks wonderful (peeved that the one I really want is a Target exclusive)

I want Jace Fox in both Batman outfits.

Money aside...you missing out.  And the wonderful thing is McFarlane is making sure people don't have to wait to long for figs.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:35 PM, Mangle77 said:

I'm 120% DONE with most of what DC is doing right now. I'm SO very tired of Dystopian futures; how many times is DC going to trot out the same old crap? This is the fifth, or maybe sixth "dark future" storyline since Flashpoint. Yawn.

Future State is waaay different than what you think it is.  And it has shown itself to be markedly different than "the same old crap." There is a greater focus on representation, taking traditional characters to new places, and giving a nice epilogue to Metal.  It's not a dark future.  Ish isn't sweet but there is a building to something bright.

I respect being done with stuff...but if that's the case...why comment my dude?  

On 1/25/2021 at 11:55 AM, kILLMonger said:

Man you missing out...Dick Grayson had a nice run as Batman (and got a fig)

Jean Paul Valley has two good figs now thanks to White Knight

This BB looks wonderful (peeved that the one I really want is a Target exclusive)

I want Jace Fox in both Batman outfits.

Money aside...you missing out.  And the wonderful thing is McFarlane is making sure people don't have to wait to long for figs.

Yeah, I enjoyed Grayson-as-Batman. I don't particularly care for the "Dark Knights" stuff; certainly not enough to buy figures of them, especially ones that don't fit(scale-wise) with the rest of my collection.

As for why I bother posting about it here: I have a need to vent to someone who might understand my frustration. None of my IRL friends collect action figures, so they don't get it. If I must scream into the void, I prefer it be one that MIGHT answer.