New Jurassic Park Amber Collection Product Listings Including 6" Samuel L. Jackson Ray Arnold Figure

JayC

Several new Jurassic Park Amber Collection product listings from Mattel have popped up on our sponsor's BigBadToyStore.com website. One of the listings is for a 6" Ray Arnold figure who was played by actor Samuel L. Jackson. Images for these listings have yet to be released. See below for all 4 items that have been listed.

-Jurassic Park III Amber Collection Pteranodon
-Jurassic Park: The Lost World Amber Collection Tiger Raptor
-Jurassic Park Amber Collection Dr. Ian Malcolm (Ver.2)
-Jurassic Park Amber Collection Ray Arnold

JP-Rayarnold.jpg

• Thanks 1

I think this toy line is really quite rad, but the output of this line is so low that it seems almost tragic, this line should be huge by now but it seems stuck on re-paints and giving a figure every 6 months maybe.

and oh here is a leaked image of the Pteranodon

PTRANODO.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DrLava said:

echo released in november. dilophosaurus and nedry released in sept. delta released in july. charlie released in feb. that was 2020. and there were 4 figures released in 2019. so clearly not one figure per 6 months, youre just making up nonsense so you have something to complain about.

and im only counting the official amber figs. super colossal t-rex and super colossal indominus are in scale with this line too and were made that way intentionally to add on to the line.

okay so they don't release every 6 months, but 4 or 5 figures per year is a awful output for a collectible figure line, they could do a hell of a lot more with this line is all I'm saying.. and you wouldn't like that? they could have tons of human characters and mid size dinosaurs.. I'm not actually finding anything to complain about just talking about what I observe, I don't collect this line and don't ever plan to so it's not me finding a reason to diss this line.. it just seems it kinda sucks for the collectors to give people so little in a year. I presume you are a collector since you have a raptor toy in your avatar, so don't you wish you got more out of this line?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DrLava said:

echo released in november. dilophosaurus and nedry released in sept. delta released in july. charlie released in feb. that was 2020. and there were 4 figures released in 2019. so clearly not one figure per 6 months, youre just making up nonsense so you have something to complain about.

and im only counting the official amber figs. super colossal t-rex and super colossal indominus are in scale with this line too and were made that way intentionally to add on to the line.

I agree, but I'm yet to see echo and delta near me or available for purchase... I've never found Owen (not that I want to, tho, got enough Pratt with my Starlords). So I agree that they are seeing release, but the distribution is wack, as usual.

I do wish we'd get the remaining JP humans soon, at least Hammond, Grant and Sattler, I wish we'd get the Ford Explorer too, but I'm not holding my breath. Still, I'm really happy with what I've gotten so far, and I'm hopeful we get more, and that says a lot for a line.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Satam said:

I'm a bit surprised that we aren't getting Ellie or Alan yet, but there's always room for another Sam Jackson action figure.

They'll probably make Vince Vaughn's and Richard Schiff's characters before they'll make Alan Grant, maybe even Roland the hunter, actually Roland would be pretty cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrLava said:

i do collect this line and i love it. very pleased with everything, love the scale, love the movie scenes that can be made. theyve made the perfect amount of toys so far. see mattel is genius with this line. look at the raptor from the 1st movie. they release one figure thats really three. i and im sure many others bought 3 since there are 3 in the movie. the lost world raptor is gonna be even more purchases since there were alot in that movie. so technically thats even more releases. theres also 2 unofficial amber figs in the super colossal t-rex and super colossal indominus since both scale perfectly with this line.

youre thinking of this line like it were a regular release line. its not, its a specialty collector line. think like the wwe ultimate line or even like deluxe marvel legends or deluxe black series. how many of those release in a year? mattel has made this line for collectors and those collecting it are very happy. you, a non collector of this line, want more human figures. like most non jp collectors. jp collectors just want dinosaurs. the human figs just dont sell so they dont make as many. and each amber human is based on a specific scene with an amber dino. plus this is mattel we're talking about, the more they make and the quality plummets. this line is perfect as is and the release windows are great. 

well then that's perfect, if the fans are happy then that's what matters, I just know that most fans I came in contact with were not, they wanted more and wanted better distro. I stand corrected though, s'all good dude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The arm would have been hilarious. I'M HAPPY with ARNOLD! Woohoo!!! 

I was scared how it would come out after the NEDRY wasn't very good. I bought because it's not horrible...just not Wayne enough for me. 

The AMBER COLLECTION is AMAZING!!!!!!! We are blessed. I hope more than anything they keep releasing. 

• Thanks 1

Looking more at the IAN...The elbow joints look like a totally different construction. 

They obviously are trying to fix the head sculpt from the first one too. It might look better but it's hard to tell with the picture. 

I hope this "redo" of a fig for better elbows and head is a good sign. Maybe they are trying to commit to the line more with better HUMAN designs. The dinos are perfect. More articulation never hurt either lol.  Keep trying Mattel PLEASE!

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2021 at 11:43 AM, Mr_Scary92 said:

I can't appreciate the difference in the Dr. Malcolm figure.

Is Jurassic Park and I think there should be at least one dinosaur per wave.

From what I can see:
Bit of mud sprayed here and there, a radio instead of a glass of water.

As for Dinos, I think that's because this is a bigger wave than usual. Instead of just 1-1, they're giving us 2 humans and 2 dinos (the pteranodon and raptor from TLW) if I recall correctly. They're just not in this announcement

• 2 weeks later...
We had shown these figures without most of the accessories before, but now via Collect Jurassic we have updated images to share of Mattel's latest 6" Jurassic Park Amber Collection offerings. First up is Ray Arnold who is going to include a severed arm accessory as well as multiple hands, headset and desktop computer. The second version of Dr. Ian Malcolm in the line will include a torch, walkie-talkie and multiple hands. The one has updated elbow articulation over the previous Malcolm figure we got. These are both available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com

00.jpg

Amber-Collection-IanV2-01.jpg

Amber-Collection-IanV2-02.jpg

Amber-Collection-IanV2-03.jpg

Amber-Collection-IanV2-04.jpg

Amber-Collection-IanV2-05.jpg

Amber-Collection-Joe-01.jpg

Amber-Collection-Joe-02.jpg

Amber-Collection-Joe-03.jpg

Amber-Collection-Joe-04.jpg

Amber-Collection-Joe-05.jpg

Really happy they added the arm. It's cool and it shows the line might be gearing itself more toward the adult audience. They will get more collectors that way. They have been leaning away from it and most collectors aren't buying. Better figs with more accuracy will help. They need to redo NEDRY too. It's not too late to kick start the line with more buyers.

• 5 weeks later...
Shown below are new in-hand images for the 6" Jurassic World Amber Collection Ray Arnold figure from Mattel. Ray Arnold of course was played by Samuel L. Jackson in the first Jurassic Park movie.

According to Jurassic Outpost, these images were taken by a Josh H. who found the figure in Australia. The figure includes a severed arm accessory as well as multiple hands, headset, stand and desktop computer. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

John-Raymond-Arnold-In-Hand-01.jpg

John-Raymond-Arnold-In-Hand-02.jpg

John-Raymond-Arnold-In-Hand-03.jpg

John-Raymond-Arnold-In-Hand-04.jpg

John-Raymond-Arnold-In-Hand-05.jpg

• Thanks 1