Could Super7 Be Planning A ThunderCats Thundertank?!?

JayC

• 2 weeks later...

Super7 today released a new package image for their upcoming Ultimates ThunderCats 7" Scale ThunderTank. Tomorrow (4/2) is the last day for folks to pre-order the tank from the Super7 website.

The cost of the tank which measures 27” long and 17” wide is $450 + a flat $40 shipping fee for those in the US. Pre-orders opened back on February 2 for this one. Here is a breakdown features and accessories that will be included with the tank.

-Working rubber tank treads
-Rolling wheels with steel axles
-Articulated jaw
-Articulated arms reveal hidden cannons
-Forehead panel reveals hidden cannon
-2 different windshields - Armored for battle mode & Clear for aquatic mode
-Opening cargo bay doors
-Seating for 6 Super7 ThunderCats 7" Ultimates figures
-Removable, swiveling turret
-Highly detailed cockpit
-Highly detailed wall paneling
-Thundrillium storage container
-Cartoon accurate deco
-Samoflange tool scaled for Super7 ThunderCats 7" Ultimates figures

So we want to know, have you or will you by the end of tomorrow pre-order this ThunderCats vehicle? Let us know in the COMMENT SECTION below.

00.png

Thundertank-36.jpg

• Thanks 1

Looks nice but I will stick to buying the next wave of Thundercats, Silverhawks plus everything else I collect, GI Joe and Transformers... The reason why I'm not buying it, is because of the space I will need to display it... I already have 3 GI Joe playsets on display and looking forward to add a 4th one that I have to put together from a shipment I got for Christmas...

The Thundertank looks really cool, but ultimately it's pass for me because of price and space.   I mean, if it was under $200 I would find space somewhere in my house to put it.

I'm just going to watch other people enjoy having this in their collection. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I'm already in, pre-ordered through BBTS. Liking what I'm seeing here in this update video, fully confident that the quality will be top notch since this will be made in the same factory as the Classics Snake mountain. Anyone who has the Mountain will know how high the quality is on that playset. 

Looking forward to seeing more updates as release date nears.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
Super7 has provided an update about the Thundercats ULTIMATES! Thundertank!

"ThunderCats Thundertank
Status & Production Update!
Greetings ThunderCats fans –
We are happy to inform you that we have received our final pre-production samples of the Thundertank and its packaging from Panthro's Workshop! The Super7 team is over the Plunn-Darr moons with excitement as you can tell from these new images!
Due to the sheer size of the product and a few last minute adjustments, it will begin leaving the factory at the end of December.
We are still expecting to start shipping to customers in February and are very excited to finally deliver this monstrous project to your door step!

Thank you as always for your patience and for supporting Super7."

You can still pre-order this from our sponsors EntertainmentEarth and BigBadToyStore.com.

Thundertank.2.jpg

Thundertank.3.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's finally here and it's majestic!

Packed really well (Haslab could take some notes). Quality is outstanding - hefty, rigid plastic that looks like it could stand up to some real play. I'm talking eighties-era heavy duty. It actually feels beefier than that Mobile Command Center behind it. I wouldn't drop test it though because it might crack a tile. Everything moves freely (Small word of warning, the extendable barrel in the nose cannon needs to be fully telescoped back into place or it will slide forward and block the hatch. It's no problem as you can reach it inside the jaw, but don't force the hatch if it isn't opening).

Tracks roll, but they're pretty stiff. Seems like they slide on most surfaces even with the mass of the tank on them. That being said, I'm ok with it because I think it will help them not get as saggy over time. Be sure to "exercise" the tracks though to keep them from getting permanently deformed around the bogeys.

Can't wait to finish building my display around it. I can finally let my Mattycollector Thundercats out of the bag (box)!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dake said:

It's finally here and it's majestic!

Packed really well (Haslab could take some notes). Quality is outstanding - hefty, rigid plastic that looks like it could stand up to some real play. I'm talking eighties-era heavy duty. It actually feels beefier than that Mobile Command Center behind it. I wouldn't drop test it though because it might crack a tile. Everything moves freely (Small word of warning, the extendable barrel in the nose cannon needs to be fully telescoped back into place or it will slide forward and block the hatch. It's no problem as you can reach it inside the jaw, but don't force the hatch if it isn't opening).

Tracks roll, but they're pretty stiff. Seems like they slide on most surfaces even with the mass of the tank on them. That being said, I'm ok with it because I think it will help them not get as saggy over time. Be sure to "exercise" the tracks though to keep them from getting permanently deformed around the bogeys.

Can't wait to finish building my display around it. I can finally let my Mattycollector Thundercats out of the bag (box)!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Man looks big... The only reason why I'm not buying it is because of the space need it for display.😎 Looks awesome 💡

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, toynewman said:

The Super7 Ultimates! Thundercats ThunderTank is marked down to $376.37 on Amazon for anyone that missed out.

Wow... Not bad but I don't think I will get it... It's kind of big to display unless I put it on top of my washer a d drier in my garage...😀💡