Jump to content

New NECA 7" The Defenders of the Earth Wave 1 Figures In-Hand Images


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, JayC said:

NECA's first wave of 7" Defenders of the Earth figures which includes The Phantom with Zuffy, Flash Gordon and Ming have been listed on Walmart's website. The figures are not yet available for purchase. These will initially see release at Walmart stores first and then a month or so later will see release everywhere.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

I already added to my Walmart app list...ūüėé‚úĆÔłŹ

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mako said:

As much as I dislike Walmart's shipping practices, I like BBTS' scalper mark-up even less. I'd just as soon wait till they hit brick-n-mortar.

i dont think anyone would consider the $3-$5 price difference a "scalper mark-up". they tend to buy significantly less product than walmart so their wholesale price is definitely higher, making their store price slightly higher. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mako said:

As much as I dislike Walmart's shipping practices, I like BBTS' scalper mark-up even less. I'd just as soon wait till they hit brick-n-mortar.

From my experience, Neca products on BBTS are usually a couple of dollars cheaper than the MSRP. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since these figures are based on animated series I wish Neca would apply same 6.5 inch (ish) scale they keep using for animated  and gaming TMNT figures, in that scale I would be super excited for these, but in 7 inch scale it's like ok, I might end up getting Phantom either way tho, we dont have decent collectible figure of him.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Since these figures are based on animated series I wish Neca would apply same 6.5 inch (ish) scale they keep using for animated  and gaming TMNT figures, in that scale I would be super excited for these, but in 7 inch scale it's like ok, I might end up getting Phantom either way tho, we dont have decent collectible figure of him.

I think it's because of Licenses restrictions... Boss Fight Studios wanted this license but because of size license restrictions they were not able to get the license...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the look of these not crazy about them being 7" inch but the $30 dollar price makes these a pass for me they are not worth that much money for that price they should come with a lot more accessories.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Since these figures are based on animated series I wish Neca would apply same 6.5 inch (ish) scale they keep using for animated  and gaming TMNT figures, in that scale I would be super excited for these, but in 7 inch scale it's like ok, I might end up getting Phantom either way tho, we dont have decent collectible figure of him.

I've been saying that all along. The really crazy thing though, is Neca ALSO classifies those animated and gaming TMNTs as "7 inch scale," so it could go either way.

Pretty sure these will be in true 7 inch, but until I see some in-hand comparison shots, I'll remain hopeful.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mako said:

I've been saying that all along. The really crazy thing is, though, is Neca ALSO classifies those animated and gaming TMNTs as "7 inch scale," so it could go either way.

Pretty sure these will be in true 7 inch, but until I see some in-hand comparison shots, I'll remain hopeful.

its cause the turtles are short. they are in 7" scale, just not 7" themselves. its like the annabelle and chucky figures they make in their movie lines. 7" scale but the figs are significantly smaller. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrLava said:

its cause the turtles are short. they are in 7" scale, just not 7" themselves. its like the annabelle and chucky figures they make in their movie lines. 7" scale but the figs are significantly smaller. 

Nope, humans to. Casey, Shredder, the Foot, all are in letter perfect Marvel Legends 1/12th scale.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mako said:

Nope, humans to. Casey, Shredder, the Foot, all are in letter perfect Marvel Legends 1/12th scale.

they are definitely not 1/12 scale. and we all know they botched the heights of the humans anyway, but if the cartoon casey jones figure was as you said, "letter perfect marvel legends 1/12th scale", then that would make the character 6'5" and same height as shredder. both wrong. and the turtles would then be 5'5" if these were perfect 1/12 scale, since the cartoon turtles figs are 5.5". they are definitely 7" scale, which is roughly 1/10 not 1/12.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have zero attachment to this franchise and yet I still want these figures.  They just look like cool action figures.  I find myself rooting for NECA in all that they do, even though I only have a hand full of their offerings.  They just seem to knock stuff out of the part right and left.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DrLava said:

they are definitely not 1/12 scale. and we all know they botched the heights of the humans anyway, but if the cartoon casey jones figure was as you said, "letter perfect marvel legends 1/12th scale", then that would make the character 6'5" and same height as shredder. both wrong. and the turtles would then be 5'5" if these were perfect 1/12 scale, since the cartoon turtles figs are 5.5". they are definitely 7" scale, which is roughly 1/10 not 1/12.

Either way animated TMNT line does scale good with "kinda 6 inch" Marvel Legends and DCUC/DC multiverse scale

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yojoebro82 said:

I have zero attachment to this franchise and yet I still want these figures.  They just look like cool action figures.  I find myself rooting for NECA in all that they do, even though I only have a hand full of their offerings.  They just seem to knock stuff out of the part right and left.

I'm just the opposite. Except for the Target Turtles I couldn't care less about Neca, but I'm COMPLETELY attached to this franchise.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE