New NECA 7" The Defenders of the Earth Wave 1 Figures In-Hand Images

JayC

Shown below via mjerrett are new in-hand images for NECA's first wave of 7" The Defenders of the Earth figures. This wave includes The Phantom with Zuffy, Flash Gordon and Ming.

Here in the US these figures should start seeing release at Walmart stores, and then about 30 days later they will be available at other retailers. Look for them on shelves any day now.

Defenders-Of-Earth-01.jpg

Defenders-Of-Earth-02.jpg

Defenders-Of-Earth-03.jpg

Defenders-Of-Earth-04.jpg

Defenders-Of-Earth-05.jpg

Defenders-Of-Earth-06.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These are great looking. But so jacked!! Wow, steroids much? Seriously though that's how they looked in the cartoon so can't really complain. I do miss the Phantom's striped briefs, which to me always looked silly, yet its his iconic look. However he didn't have them on the show so again, they're being faithful to the series look. Not a walmut fan so I can wait till they hit other outlets; Ming looks like a must get. I'm definitely looking for these!

• Thanks 1

The lateral bends in the elbows of Flash and Phantom look kinda serious.  Ming looks fine. I wonder if NECA plastic can actually be heated, rebent into the correct position, and will stay...or will the whole damn thing just fall apart.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I do miss the Phantom's striped briefs, which to me always looked silly, yet its his iconic look. However he didn't have them on the show so again, they're being faithful to the series look.

Technically, he did. I believe the Phantom from Defenders was supposed to be the 22nd., who's inferred to be the son of the Phantom from the comic strip (the 21st.). When the 21st Phantom appeared in flashbacks, he did indeed wear those crazy candy-stripe trunks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

So far I'm only planning on getting the Phantom, depending on how they scale I might get the Flash Gordon to stand in as a powered down Human Torch for the Invaders.

LOL, that's the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the Flash Gordon, Invaders era Human Torch. Or even Master man from Red Skull's 3rd reich. These are all certainly some class A1 looking figures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They all look great although I am a little concerned about the plastic that will be used on these, the joint plastic looks kinda bent in package. I'll definitely get me that Flash Gordon figure once it available everywhere and not Walmart!!

• Thanks 1

I guess I'm not the only one who hopes these are closer to the Target TMNT end of the 7 inch scale. I don't wanna put to fine a point on this, but I NEED a 1/12th Phantom in my collection. Flash and Ming, sure, but the Phantom is a must.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, silverback77346 said:

LOL, that's the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the Flash Gordon, Invaders era Human Torch. Or even Master man from Red Skull's 3rd reich. These are all certainly some class A1 looking figures.

That's a great idea for a custom of Master Man from the Super Axis or whatever the group was called.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

That's a great idea for a custom of Master Man from the Super Axis or whatever the group was called.

I tried to make Master Man out of a ML Nuke figure but the head repaint didn't look right so I ditched the idea. I know you have to break a few eggs and all that, but I hate to waste a good figure in a hack handed attempt to try something with little or no skills. No guts no glory.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

NECA's first wave of 7" Defenders of the Earth figures which includes The Phantom with Zuffy, Flash Gordon and Ming have been listed on Walmart's website. The figures are not yet available for purchase. These will initially see release at Walmart stores first and then a month or so later will see release everywhere.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JayC said:

NECA's first wave of 7" Defenders of the Earth figures which includes The Phantom with Zuffy, Flash Gordon and Ming have been listed on Walmart's website. The figures are not yet available for purchase. These will initially see release at Walmart stores first and then a month or so later will see release everywhere.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

I already added to my Walmart app list...😎✌️

• Like 1