New NECA TMNT Animated Series The Frogs, Mondo Gecko, Kerma, Muckman And Chrom Dome Figure Images

JayC

Some new images have hit the net giving us new looks at several Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series figures from NECA that will be released as Target exclusives here in the US. The new image are fairly low-res, but they give us new looks at the accessories that will be included with these figures. Shown are the following:

- Deluxe Chrom Dome
- Muckman and Joe Eyeball
- Genghis The Frog and Rasputin The Mad Frog
- Mondo Gecko with Kerma

I believe this is the first time we are seeing Kerma.

TMNT-2021.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still think single-episode no-parts-reusability Muckman is a ridiculous choice.  Unless there's some MAJOR hidden reuse in there that I'm just not seeing, but still, he's a one-off character, so like, WHY??
<P>
. . . Kerma, I genuinely did NOT expect to appear, since he's pretty obscure, and likewise has little-to-no reusable parts, but he DOES have multiple episodes, ssoooo . . . interesting?  Sure, I'll take a Kerma! *LOL*  Plus . . . that SERIOUSLY increases the odds that we might see a Zach ("The Fifth Turtle" kid) down the line, and that would be both hilarious and kinda awesome!
<P>
Odd that they're not just showing off the other two frogs too. 😕 Like, they're all identical, might as well?
<P>
I just hope Chrome Dome is big enough for poses like this:

103852-4-5e2a79bb1c1d3.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Batman1701 said:

I still think single-episode no-parts-reusability Muckman is a ridiculous choice.  Unless there's some MAJOR hidden reuse in there that I'm just not seeing, but still, he's a one-off character, so like, WHY??
<

Why would you complain about this? Why not go all original? There's no reason not to do it if they can afford to do it. I wish none of them featured reuse. That would be ideal.

13 hours ago, supermancrotch said:

I WANT ALL  THIS BUT ITS SAD THEY ARE TOO DIFICULT TO FIND

The newer waves are much easier to find. I have about 5 or maybe 6 Targets in my area and almost every one of them have had a full case of 6 available, so I've found between 25 and 30 Baxter 2pks and I've found 6 Krang androids. Likewise the Triceratons 2pks before them were equally as plentiful. The only one I haven't found in the wild is the Traag 2pk but that was back before this new easier to find era began. I remember finding the Leonardo series 1 2pk at two different Targets on the day I found the Roadkill Rodney 2pks so I guess they were either rereleasing it or were trying to sell off old stock that never sold, since Ive never seen another old 2pk show up from series 1. Plenty of Krang/Shredders though. The April 2pk was somewhat hard to get, but I managed to find 2 in the end. Bebop/Rocksteady are easy to find. I know where I can go get one right now if I was in need.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, obs said:

Why would you complain about this? Why not go all original? There's no reason not to do it if they can afford to do it. I wish none of them featured reuse. That would be ideal.

The newer waves are much easier to find. I have about 5 or maybe 6 Targets in my area and almost every one of them have had a full case of 6 available, so I've found between 25 and 30 Baxter 2pks and I've found 6 Krang androids. Likewise the Triceratons 2pks before them were equally as plentiful. The only one I haven't found in the wild is the Traag 2pk but that was back before this new easier to find era began. I remember finding the Leonardo series 1 2pk at two different Targets on the day I found the Roadkill Rodney 2pks so I guess they were either rereleasing it or were trying to sell off old stock that never sold, since Ive never seen another old 2pk show up from series 1. Plenty of Krang/Shredders though. The April 2pk was somewhat hard to get, but I managed to find 2 in the end. Bebop/Rocksteady are easy to find. I know where I can go get one right now if I was in need.

Are you able to help collectors in need? Count me first on the list for TMNT figures... I not been finding anything for at least 5 months at my local Target stores.  

The only way for me to get Bebop and Rocksteady and Slash and Leatherhead was thanks that NECA put them on sale at their own site.

I'm looking for Krang Android body and the Splinter and Baxter packs... Ebay is selling them for too much... If you can help then I can help you any other toy lines you may looking for man.

1 hour ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Are you able to help collectors in need? Count me first on the list for TMNT figures... I not been finding anything for at least 5 months at my local Target stores.  

The only way for me to get Bebop and Rocksteady and Slash and Leatherhead was thanks that NECA put them on sale at their own site.

I'm looking for Krang Android body and the Splinter and Baxter packs... Ebay is selling them for too much... If you can help then I can help you any other toy lines you may looking for man.

If you haven't been checking OfferUp I suggest it. I found a Slash 2pk in Target one time, that's it. Checking multiple Targets far away every other day. There are some generous people on OfferUp. If you check every day, multiple times a day, you can find people selling from $60-$75 for 2pks. That is the most I will pay on the aftermarket since it is the around the cost, or cheaper than, buying NECA direct. If you're willing to buy Neca direct costs, maybe offerup helps for you. I'm so worried if I wait to find these in the store I'll never get them. They'll stop stocking, never add to the Neca website, and they'll be way too expensive later. It's such a stressful situation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JangDangus said:

If you haven't been checking OfferUp I suggest it. I found a Slash 2pk in Target one time, that's it. Checking multiple Targets far away every other day. There are some generous people on OfferUp. If you check every day, multiple times a day, you can find people selling from $60-$75 for 2pks. That is the most I will pay on the aftermarket since it is the around the cost, or cheaper than, buying NECA direct. If you're willing to buy Neca direct costs, maybe offerup helps for you. I'm so worried if I wait to find these in the store I'll never get them. They'll stop stocking, never add to the Neca website, and they'll be way too expensive later. It's such a stressful situation.

Never used before but I guess I will have to try it since not much people is really willing to help in the toy collectors community...

Target Turtles have never exactly been plentiful around here, but I usually had pretty solid luck. It may just be me, but it seems like since that first on-line fiasco, scalpers have been gobbling these things up like gold-plated toilet paper. I still occasionally get lucky, but those times are far and few between.

At first I was willing to go the Ebay mark-up to get certain figures, but nowadays that's just not someplace I can go anymore. Won't say I'm counting the line out, I'm just not going to bat as much as I'd like.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Blurr86 said:

Not really a TMNT collector but if I'd get these stuff posted here, I'll do it because of the cool accessories. That desktop of Chrome Dome's just perfect for collectors

Looks good but the way these figures have been distributed in my area give me the impression that they will no show up at my local Target stores... Some people don't understand that they are collectors/scalpers that get everything they see at once not leaving anything else for anybody...Too bad that there is not such a thing as collectors helping in the community... With the recommendation I been getting is exactly the same pricing I can get on eBay so is good to brag my stores getting everything and this and that but people is not freaking willing to help...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Blurr86 said:

Not really a TMNT collector but if I'd get these stuff posted here, I'll do it because of the cool accessories. That desktop of Chrome Dome's just perfect for collectors

Yeah, along with the cool animated styling, the accessories are a huge draw for me. Of course, I don't exactly hate the fact they're in nearly perfect Marvel Legends scale either. Forget Skrulls and Kree, I have my GOTG going at it with Triceratons!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Looks good but the way these figures have been distributed in my area give me the impression that they will no show up at my local Target stores... Some people don't understand that they are collectors/scalpers that get everything they see at once not leaving anything else for anybody...Too bad that there is not such a thing as collectors helping in the community... With the recommendation I been getting is exactly the same pricing I can get on eBay so is good to brag my stores getting everything and this and that but people is not freaking willing to help...

I've seen quite a few collectors buying extra packs and offering them on twitter, instagram and facebook groups. Problem is, if they aren't in your exact area, you are hit by shipping costs again. Shipping independently is going to cost you $10-$20. That's about the same cost as finding a guy around your area on OfferUp locally for pick up. The bottomline is, extremely popular toys have always has this problem since the creation of action figures. I'm a turtle fan #1. Paying an average of $75 for 2pks could be waaaaay better when you see the prices years in the future. In fact, you'll probably thank yourself for buying now and not then. Who knows. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JangDangus said:

I've seen quite a few collectors buying extra packs and offering them on twitter, instagram and facebook groups. Problem is, if they aren't in your exact area, you are hit by shipping costs again. Shipping independently is going to cost you $10-$20. That's about the same cost as finding a guy around your area on OfferUp locally for pick up. The bottomline is, extremely popular toys have always has this problem since the creation of action figures. I'm a turtle fan #1. Paying an average of $75 for 2pks could be waaaaay better when you see the prices years in the future. In fact, you'll probably thank yourself for buying now and not then. Who knows. 

See, that's just as bad though. Either way, whoever gets there after the guy who snagged those extra packs is out of luck when he doesn't have to be. 

It's real simple, if everybody bought 1 per customer, nobody would NEED anyone to send them one.

• Thanks 1

I see in some regions so many he man figs and multiple battle cats and recently came across 6 of the panthro battle cats. 

But I don't really think that line is super amazing for an adult collectible. 

So I leave them put. Then last night I see some dudes selling these same $26.00 Toys for $130.00

It is hard for folks to make ends meet right now and YouTube and Facebook are overloaded with toy hunt videos and around 250 toy auction groups selling these things for huge inflation. 

So I have packed up an entire line of my collection to stop looking at those lines and went back to some of the old school lines until this all settles down and folks are able to either get back to work or have some sort of base universal income till covid 19 is back to March 2020 numbers. 

Alot of folks out of work finding a new way to make ends meet. 

But the dudes that work for target and Walmart that are scooping up cases to resell now that's shady!

But the he man line is kinda goofy looking still. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2021 at 10:06 PM, jedicrippler said:

Unless your local Targets literally never get the packs at all. Hence, needing someone to get the sets for you. 

Or someone buys more than their share, so even if your store does stock them, you still can't find any.

Vicious circle.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mako said:

Or someone buys more than their share, so even if your store does stock them, you still can't find any.

Vicious circle.

No. They literally have not gotten quite a number of these sets in. Ever. Not every store gets the same merchandise.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jedicrippler said:

No. They literally have not gotten quite a number of these sets in. Ever. Not every store gets the same merchandise.

What I meant was, IF your store got the figures, it would suck if somebody scooped them up to give or scalp or whatever. Believe me, I know how hard it is to find these things.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
While NECA's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated Series Target Exclusive Genghis & Rasputin 2-Pack has been hitting shelves for over a month now, it has finally been listed on Target's website.

The set as I understand it was listed on the website sometime last night. The set is not currently available for purchase and it's unclear if at some point last night it was available for purchase and already sold out, or it was just put up there as a placeholder. Some people told me it was available for purchase at least for a few minutes, but because I do this strange thing called sleeping during the nite I did not see it for myself.

If you access the link above through the Target App there is an option to be notified of if or when the item becomes available for purchase. I don't see that option if you access it through a web browser.

The DPCI# is 323-07-8945, but like with all NECA products that will only be useful if you go into a physical store and look it up on one of their red boxes to see if its in stock at that store, which likely it won't be.

TMNT-Frogs-01.jpg

TMNT-Frogs-02.jpg

TMNT-Frogs-03.jpg

TMNT-Frogs-04.jpg

TMNT-Frogs-05.jpg

TMNT-Frogs-06.jpg

This doesn't bother me for two reasons:

1. Of all the TMNT characters, there are only a couple I absolutely HATE! Those would be the Punk Frogs . . . I'm not even sure why, there's no real reason. I just despise the characters. Always have.

2. I've got the Turtles, April, Casey, Splinter, Shredder Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, a couple Foot Soldiers, and even a few Triceratons; that's MORE than enough for me. Not saying I'm cutting the line off completely, if I should happen to stumble upon a set at Target sometime, I'll consider getting it. Otherwise, life is to short to waste it hunting for Bigfoot.

1 hour ago, mako said:

This doesn't bother me for two reasons:

1. Of all the TMNT characters, there are only a couple I absolutely HATE! Those would be the Punk Frogs . . . I'm not even sure why, there's no real reason. I just despise the characters. Always have.

2. I've got the Turtles, April, Casey, Splinter, Shredder Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, a couple Foot Soldiers, and even a few Triceratons; that's MORE than enough for me. Not saying I'm cutting the line off completely, if I should happen to stumble upon a set at Target sometime, I'll consider getting it. Otherwise, life is to short to waste it hunting for Bigfoot.

And it doesn't bother me for a third reason:
<P>
Based on NECA's track record and the history of this line, I'm betting that sooner or later, these figures will end up on the NECA Store with a week-long preorder window, just like pretty much EVERY other cartoon figure has   It just might take a while.
<P>
All the newly announced releases that just went up in April, rumor has it THOSE are because something about the deal with Target changed, and NECA is now allowed to put them on the NECA Store first.  But everything that was released or announced in 2020 and before, that all had to go to brick-&-mortar first, and wait several months for a second release to have an open pre-order.
<P>
Just wait: Punk Frogs, Mondo Gecko, Muckman, Chrome Dome, and Alpha-One/Deluxe Foot Soldier are all going to retail, but three to six months from now, they'll be available online.  And to anyone who was worried and wanted to get them ASAP, DO NOT FEED THE SCALPERS!!
<P>
(NOTE: I have NO idea if the "Turtles In Disguise" set will also get an online preorder, but . . . well, here's hoping.)

• Thanks 1