McFarlane Toys 7" Gold Label Wave 2 First Look - Warhammer, DC Multiverse And Spawn

JayC

Shown below is our first look at the second wave of Walmart exclusive Gold Label figures from McFarlane Toys.

This wave will include 7" versions of Spawn (Curse of Apocalypse), Batman Earth-52 (Gold Variant) and Warhammer 40,000 Blood Angels Primaris Lieutenant. We should be getting more details on these sometime next week.

Gold-Label-00.jpg

Gold-Label-01.jpg

Gold-Label-02.jpg

Gold-Label-03.jpg

• Like 1

Oh so they are going with more Spawn variants based of the Video game skins, this isn't one of those variants I'm really interested in, but man there are certainly some amazing skins for Spawn in that game that I would be really excited to get. I hope they do Angel of Mercy and Urizen Prime next.

Man how many variants does Todd plan to do? Is he going to do this with every figure he makes? So far none have even been remotely interesting or good imo. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ghostbogey said:

Yeah...

I have some interest in the Warhammer Figs....

Lets see how the rest of the Gold Label Wave 2, looks.

With better pic's....Thanks for the heads up.

I find the red Blood Angels Primaris Lieutenant more attractive than the previous releases of Warhammer, the blue, gold and artist chase ones. I guess there lies the wisdom of Todd, just thought of it: he creates for a wider range of consumer taking to account what these consumers' diverse tastes on collectibles. Applause!!! I don't follow the storyline or play this game but I'm more inclined to get that bloody soldier for my 7" collection :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Blurr86 said:

I find the red Blood Angels Primaris Lieutenant more attractive than the previous releases of Warhammer, the blue, gold and artist chase ones. I guess there lies the wisdom of Todd, just thought of it: he creates for a wider range of consumer taking to account what these consumers' diverse tastes on collectibles. Applause!!! I don't follow the storyline or play this game but I'm more inclined to get that bloody soldier for my 7" collection :D 

Exactly...

I'm not a board gamer, However I played video games....If it's cool. It's cool =^) ....

The "Hammer" got into my pocket (again) with the pre-order,  Bandai Salamanders Intercessor fig...

Yeah....Warhammer got it going on IMHO

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2021 at 7:49 AM, Blurr86 said:

I find the red Blood Angels Primaris Lieutenant more attractive than the previous releases of Warhammer, the blue, gold and artist chase ones. I guess there lies the wisdom of Todd, just thought of it: he creates for a wider range of consumer taking to account what these consumers' diverse tastes for  crokinole pieces on collectibles. Applause!!! I don't follow the storyline or play this game but I'm more inclined to get that bloody soldier for my 7" collection :D 

I have some interest in the Warhammer Figs. Lets see how the rest of the Gold Label Wave 2, looks. With better pic's....Thanks for the heads up.

9 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Ngl, that Spawn figure is so good is worth getting it in different colors. Already got the regular sword version and just ordered the Bloody version. I really hope we see these internationally. 

I frown on that sword thing. When the latest McFarlane's Mortal Kombat Spawn showed up on BBTS, I placed a preorder on it and it was advertised with a sword. Then they emailed me saying that the sword is being replaced by that spiky thing. I had to turn it down and withdrew my preorder. is it too wrong to re-issue a Spawn with a sword?

Speedster Batman makes sense, because it's actually  from comics and actually not Bruce Wayne, from what I understand anyway. Spawn is based on MK Skin at least. This kinda makes me think how long will we see weird variant, I think at this point it would be easier if Todd mimicked ML and DCUC with more accent on reuse. 

• 2 months later...
We got our initial look at this figure back in January, but now McFarlane Toys has released official images for their upcoming Warhammer 40,000 Walmart Exclusive Gold Label Blood Angels Primaris Lieutenant figure. The figure which will include a Plasma Pistol, a Power Sword, and a base is due out in April.

Blood-Angels-Primaris-01.jpg

Blood-Angels-Primaris-02.jpg

Blood-Angels-Primaris-04.jpg

Blood-Angels-Primaris-06.jpg

Blood-Angels-Primaris-07.jpg

Blood-Angels-Primaris-08.jpg

Blood-Angels-Primaris-09.jpg

Blood-Angels-Primaris-10.jpg

Blood-Angels-Primaris-11.jpg

Blood-Angels-Primaris-12.jpg

Looks really awesome, I keep thinking should I collect this line? and I keep just ending up on No, I flip flop a lot thought whenever I see these figures. I think I need to continue to stay away I don't need another line to collect.

On 1/9/2021 at 7:00 PM, Belmont13 said:

So is the whole Gold label thing repaints of figures?

The Batman figure from the Gold label wasn't a repaint. It is getting a repaint, but the Gold version was the first. Everything else is a variant and based on the color gold. I have no issue with it. One doesn't have to buy it which is the beauty of repaints.

On 1/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, Blurr86 said:

I frown on that sword thing. When the latest McFarlane's Mortal Kombat Spawn showed up on BBTS, I placed a preorder on it and it was advertised with a sword. Then they emailed me saying that the sword is being replaced by that spiky thing. I had to turn it down and withdrew my preorder. is it too wrong to re-issue a Spawn with a sword?

I'm sure there's a reason the sword went away. It could be a licensing issue with the game company which would flat out prohibit him from selling the figure with the sword or something else we wouldn't be privvy to.

• Sad 1

On 1/15/2021 at 7:55 PM, Blurr86 said:

Was the figure already out and they were getting a second wave of the sword coming in? All I remember is the first wave of sword got sold out really fast and then went to replenish and instead included the mace as the new substitute. That whole spawn figure set up was weird because the next wave had the Axe instead. And all of them sold out fast. You can't really even find them at retail anymore. BBTS has the mace for $25 which is still over msrp which is annoying af. 

1 hour ago, hainrs said:

I'm sure there's a reason the sword went away. It could be a licensing issue with the game company which would flat out prohibit him from selling the figure with the sword or something else we wouldn't be privvy to.

Im pretty sure it had nothing to do with licenses. The character uses all 3 weapons in the game. It is most likely a weird running change that happened twice on the same figure. The odd thing is I think all 3 are 3 separate skus. That stuff sold out fast everywhere every time they re-released him. Also due to the joint collaboration with WB and the fact that Todd owns Spawns everything, he can do whatever he wants with the character. Judging how McF does variants that shouldve just been extra parts packed in with the original figure, he wanted to milk tf out of it due to it being a hot item.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...