Batwoman - 2.01 'What Happened To Kate Kane?' Season Premiere Preview Images & Synopsis

Outsiders

Kate’s friends and family hold on to hope that Kate may still be found, a homeless 25-year-old named Ryan Wilder (Javicia Leslie) stumbles upon Kate’s Batsuit. Focused on no longer being a victim, Ryan takes the suit to use as armor and goes rogue in the streets of Gotham, taking out various members of a new gang called the False Face Society. Meanwhile, both Jacob Kane (Dougray Scott) and Luke Fox (Camrus Johnson) launch searches for Kate, Mary Hamilton (Nicole Kang) grapples with losing yet another family member, Sophie Moore (Meagan Tandy) struggles with things left unsaid to her first love, and Alice (Rachel Skarsten) is furious that someone got to Kate before she could exact her revenge. At the same time, “Bruce Wayne” (guest star Warren Christie) returns under the pretense of searching for Kate, but the truth is he wants his suit back and it becomes the clash of imposters as “Batwoman” and “Bruce” square off in the action-packed season premiere.

Holly Dale directed the episode written by Caroline Dries (#201).

Original Airdate: 1/17/2021

batwoman_ver17_xlg.jpg

batwoman_ver18_xlg.jpg

batwoman_ver19_xlg.jpg

BWN201fg_0001r.jpg

BWN201fg_0002r.jpg

BWN201fg_0010r.jpg

BWN201fg_0011r.jpg

BWN201fg_0018r.jpg

BWN201fg_0021r.jpg

BWN201fg_0023r.jpg

BWN201fg_0029r.jpg

BWN201fg_0034r.jpg

BWN201fg_0054r.jpg

BWN201fg_0059r.jpg

BWN201fg_0063r.jpg

BWN201fg_0067r.jpg

BWN201fg_0069r.jpg

BWN201fg_0070r.jpg

BWN201fg_0071r.jpg

BWN201fg_0078r.jpg

On 1/9/2021 at 4:22 AM, Blurr86 said:

Such a do-see since Bruce Wayne will show up-- hope it's not just the impostor who copies faces. I'd see this show to be a good springboard for a Batman live tv series.

they already showed who it is in the previous season

if you know your comic book history they are going by that person

18 minutes ago, Goldbug said:

they already showed who it is in the previous season

if you know your comic book history they are going by that person

hard to catch with the comics storyline, but thanks :D  Didn't finish season 1 but I plan to do so... 

Given all the rumors surrounding Rose's leaving the show, I'm almost tempted to watch this episode (ALMOST), just to see how they finally write her out. You can't really believe the publicists, the cast and crew won't bite the hand that feeds them, 9.9 times out of 10 the internet doesn't have a clue, and the tabloids are professional BSers, but you can usually tell how an actor and a production parted ways by how they're written out of the show.

Character leaves town, disappears under mysterious circumstances, goes off on a quest of personal discovery, etc. = Amicable split with the producers leaving the door open for a return.

Character recast = Producers not happy, but leave the door open to reverse course.

Character killed off = Producers mad enough to slam the door and nail it shut, with the violence/finality of the "kill" in direct correlation to how bad the split was. ("Wiseguy" killed Vinny Terranova off screen with a Latin-American hit squad; "NCIS" whacked Kate Todd with an ONSCREEN shot to the head from a sniper rifle).

On 1/11/2021 at 7:20 AM, DrLava said:

he was being nice and avoiding season one spoilers with his comment. in the comics there is a character that turns themselves into bruce wayne. same character did same thing in the show last season, thats who "bruce wayne" is thats in the episode description.

you clearly dont like show or the executive producer so why are you even commenting in a thread about it? just trying to stir the pot again?

Probably is..that's what some folks (Mako is one of them) do.  Make sideways comments on shows (that all strangely seem to have women/same sex attracted/POC characters).  I think it's obvious now what the true beef is, but that's on them.  

I never watched S1 of Batwoman...if if pops up where I can burn through it episodes I'll probably check it out just because.  I like this new direction...hell I like the the fact we have a Black Batwoman.

This reveal (about that character doing what they do in the comic) peaks my interest even more...that could make an interesting development.  This has jumped a few spots on my interest now.

Oh... that Mr. Scary dude one of them sideways people as well...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Goldbug said:

I don't understand why they even got a new actor when Sophie was the more logical choice to take on the role.

For better or worse, they always try and bring in new blood, even if it does make more sense to use one of the existing cast. Not that I care, since I'm strictly about Rose, but to me using Sophie would have much more built-in story value. At least more than bringing in a ringer so you can basically retell the first few episodes of season 1.

22 hours ago, mako said:

Oh, and to those whose Mommies weren't around to read them the big words (killMonger is one of them) I actually dug Batwoman, and happily said so repeatedly,  . . . until the writing took a nose-dive post-Crisis.

Bruh just about every time you hop on...it's to talk about how you dislike BW, rail on the producer, or say some other butthurt nonsense.  Man we got it...you don't like it.  And you don't have to.  But find some other stuff to do then, because you apparently can't keep sideways comments separate from valid criticism  that would foster  good discussion on the thread.  

You was talking trash from jump...greasy, sideways, casually bigoted trash.  How bout you just do/be better?  

• Like 2