McFarlane Toys Doing DC Multverse 7" Snyder Cut Justice League Movie Figures Which Includes Darkseid?!?

JayC

The other week we shared a very blurry version of this image. While this one isn't a whole lot better, it does present more details for the upcoming DC Multiverse 7" Unmasked Red Hood figure from McFarlane Toys.

In this new image we can see that the figure looks to be the exact same figure we previously got other than the unmasked headsculpt. Note the image below shows the single release helmeted Red Hood with the upcoming unmasked version for comparison.

It's possible though hard to say for sure the gun holsters on the unmasked version have been removed, which makes sense I guess because it doesn't look like this one will come with pistols. The image also gives us a better look at the accessory that will be included with the unmasked version, which is a swords that has a flame effect sculpted on it.

I am assuming this sword represents the All-Blades weapons Jason Todd has been known to use. These are a pair of magical swords Jason has used a few times in the Red Hood and the Outlaws comics. From the image we only see one sword, but hopefully the figure will include two. The unmasked head looks to feature solid black hair without any grey stripe. In the comics he has appeared both ways.

While this figure has yet to be officially announced by the folks at McFarlane Toys, indications are that when released it will be part of the Gold Label Collection which means it will be a Walmart exclusive here in the US. This will be the third time McFarlane has released a Red Hood figure in the DC Multiverse line. Previously we got him with the hood in a two-pack with a red striped Nightwing and then again with the hood as a single release. Both of those versions of the figure were exactly the same.

Once official details or images on this one are released we will be sure to update this story.

Red-Hood-Unmaksed-01.jpg

Red-Hood-Unmasked-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

Uhm...is it just me or is McFarlane actually getting worse at this stuff. I like the Snyder designs, but this ain't them. Whoever is wearing that Superman costume, it ain't Henry Cavill. Throw Momoa and Miller in there as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect toys to have the actor's exact likeness on them, but damn, Mattel was doing better than that. As far as face sculpts go.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JayC said:

Official images for the regular release black costume Superman which has now shown up for pre-order on Amazon Canada.

Snyder-49.jpg

Snyder-50.jpg

Snyder-51.jpg

Snyder-52.jpg

Snyder-53.jpg

Snyder-54.jpg

Snyder-55.jpg

Snyder-56.jpg

Face sculpt is just ok, nowhere near Hasbro's photo real technology,  it's just on par with Mattel's attempt not as horrible as Aquaman tho, who is  definitely the worst in this wave, but Supes body looks pretty good, interested to see how well it's articulates. Also that shirtless Darkseid (Uxus)  has super skinny and weird lower torso, I hope it at least has good range or something, if not it was really weird decision to sculpt him like that. Maybe they just should have went with more modern version with that armored shirt vest, that can work perfectly as Darkseid for comics and movies.

• Thanks 1

I honestly think these don't look very good...i mean, i dig most of mcf latest releases in the multiverse line but come on...these were obviously made in a rush: weird body proportions, lack of detailing, lack of likeness, peanut head issues everywhere... McF you can do MUCH better. They Just didn't want to miss the snyder cut train, which i perfectly understand.That's my opinion, at least.

• Thanks 1

I was tempted by some of them but honestly I'm just not a fan of the DCEU and especially Snyder's part of it. I might've gotten Darkseid or a couple others but I guess it's not worth it to me if it stops there. The only DCEU character I know I'm sure I'd get is Black Manta since it's both a great design and it'd look great next to a Rebirth Aquaman or any other comic based figures. 

• Thanks 1

We've told you about both these figures before. The upcoming DC Multiverse Gold Label Red Death (Gold) version has been officially announced by McFarlane Toys while we still await official word on the Gold Label Unmasked Red Hood figure. Both figures have been up for pre-order at overseas retailers, and here in the US at some point will be released as Walmart exclusives. For now we have some new images of both figures to share with you. The Red Hood image is the same we have seen before, only it's a little better quality and gives us our best look to date at the unmasked Jason Todd headsculpt. Check out the images below.

00.jpg

Gold-Label-Red-Death-01.jpg

Gold-Label-Red-Death-02.jpg

Gold-Label-Red-Hood-01.jpg

Only really interested in the shirted Darkseid. Kinda meh. Already had better Mattel versions. Would rather see Mcfarlane release more Teen Titan figures. I haven't gotten Cyborg cause I don't trust Todd to make the rest of the team. Got burned buying the two Star Trek captains. Never even bothered to make a Spock or Worf. count me amount the disappointed that DC figures aren't in 6inch scale anymore.

The first McFarlane Toys 7" DC Multiverse Snyder Cut Justice League exclusive figure has gone up for pre-order. It's the regular costume Superman figure and its now up on Target's website. The regular release figures are available for pre-order there as well.

DC-Multiverse-Synder-Cut-Target-Superman-01.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Synder-Cut-Target-Superman-02.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Synder-Cut-Target-Superman-03.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Synder-Cut-Target-Superman-04.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Synder-Cut-Target-Superman-05.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Synder-Cut-Target-Superman-06.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Synder-Cut-Target-Superman-07.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Synder-Cut-Target-Superman-08.jpg

The more I see of these Snyder cut figures the more I think these were really rushed into production, I imagine they were, and for obvious reasons, but it reflects on the so/so face sculpts, I probably wouldn't have bought these even if they looked better, but I always am happy for the people who want these items, but these just don't seem like they hit the button, I'm sure Mr. Mcfarlane will redeem himself here though in a few months when all of these get a second release in some form or another.

I preordered Batfleck on Target just now, along with Shriek from Batman Beyond.  Glad I was able to actually preorder somethings I want!  I hope I actually get them!   I want the unmasked Batfleck too, hope I can get him.   

I just ordered the red and blue Superman from Target for their exclusive. The rest I ll get from BBTS when they're up. I'd prefer a BvS Batman after this line but I ll settle for a Justice League non tactical suit Batfleck if I have to. Oh and Deathstroke appears too...oh my. 

It just seems like McFarlane has a lot of leftover Gold/Bronze plastic laying around that he musta bought in bulk from a liquidation sale or something.

4 hours ago, tudortiger2000 said:

I still don’t know why I haven’t joined the McFarlane bandwagon.  I’ve been eating a few. (I’m looking at you Devastator and John Stewart GL).  But these Zack Snyder JL figures are not doing it for me. 

I do pick up the occasional McFarlane figure from time to time as well. Did you buy the Devistator figure? I bought it. I'd been chewing over it for a while and it finally broke me down. It looked awesome, and though I didn't expect max poseability from a figure that large and detailed it was still a major letdown. The biggest issue I had with it is that it was just too damn small. Based on art and data, that thing shoulda been about 10" tall, especially in that 7" scale McFarlane insists on. The thing is very small compared to even an average Marvel Legends BAF or "large" figure. Even compare it to the recent Bane Collect to Build figure it's just not right. Bane should not be bigger than Doomsday in an universe, alternate or otherwise. McFarlane did wisen up by picking up the BAF concept (kicking and screaming, I assume), but if he would just concede that the 6" scale is the better option, he could make those larger scale figures and BAFs look more accurate. That is my major reason for not falling in with McFarlane. That, and the fact that he's pretty much ignored 90 percent of the DCM to this point. Maybe by the time he breaks down to adopt the 6" model he will have delved into the richer roster that DC has to offer.

While I'm not totally impressed with facial features and likeness to Henry Cavill, I'm willing to give the Target Exclusive Superman a shot. Luckily, I was able to purchase the preorder w/o it being sold out - which has been sold out since release. 

I think I'll make my decision going forward for any other McFarlane products going forward. I wish there was more consistency. 

Another one of the McFarlane Toys 7" DC Multiverse Snyder Cut Justice League exclusive figures have gone up for pre-order. This time it's the helmeted Cyborg figure which is exclusive to Walmart. Unfortunately Walmart seems to have only uploaded tiny images of the figure so we can't give you a good look at it, but you can check out the tiny images on their website.

Yesterday we saw the Red and Blue Superman figure ended up being a Target exclusive. We still await to find out where the unmasked Batman and shirted Darkseid figures will show up at. One of them at least will probably be Amazon, maybe the other at Gamestop.

The regular release figures which will eventually be available everywhere include Black Costume Superman, Masked Batman, Unhelmted Cyborg, Flash along with the

Mega Deluxe Steppenwolf and shirtless Darkseid. Look for all these figures to be out in June.
  • Haha 2